• Damm Stupid

53 22.84%
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Ok.

That was easy.
    Was easy indeed, so you support swastika and nazi , boy this turned around on you real quick. I win

You are ok with swastikas but not ok with nooses? lmao

Cherry picking 1 liners out of context is a sign of retardation btw especially when I was referring to my previous posts, which I also proved you lied about since you had to quote that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Was easy indeed, so you support swastika and nazi , boy this turned around on you real quick. I win
    Jesus wept...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Jesus wept...
    Yeah indeed, I look forward to arguing with your next account. Bye bby

Cherry picking 1 liners out of context is a sign of retardation btw.
    I'm calling an ambulance for you dude. I'm really worried that you're not okay. You asked me to show you where you'd said a swastika with no context attatched wouldn't be ok. Then you gave an example of exactly that in the next line, which I just quoted back at you. Somehow the fucked cogs in your brain have managed to instead determine that what I've done is declare my undying support for the Third Reich, and on top of that you managed to get annoyed that I cherry picked lines despite that being what you wanted me to do. I want to be in your head - it sounds fucking wild like.

So I should sport swastika and ignore hitlers use of it then? Are you trying to trap me with your retardation or?...

Comparing a noose and swastika in the first place was retarded as shit because then dumbfucks like you hop on my dick and generalize everything.
    yes you could sport a swastika ( in it's religious aplication ) and you should not expect to get shit for it

just because one symbol got "stolen" and used by some dipshits in the past doesn't make you a dipshit for using it in it's intended aplication aka religion. If people assume you mean harm to them just by sporting a symbol and attack you for it , they are at fault for being ignorant , thin skinned and choosing to not even want to know context .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    and you're being deliberately obtuse if you think it was a massive deal back then. you're over-inflating how big it was back then because those were the ones you were taught about. modern day lynch mobs are getting people fired from their jobs without knowing what the hell is going on, it may not be based on race anymore but the targets are still disproportionately being punished/targeted for what happened.
    I even said in my first post that I'm not for punishing the teachers as we have no context about what they were doing with the noose. My comments were provoked by another poster downplaying the issue of black lynching in the states, which was a major problem decades ago.

I don't think holding a noose is deliberately racist, or that nooses are inherently racist, but I can definitely understand why some people would be sensitive about it.

But without context, I can't make any judgement against those women.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    A lot of people have been triggered by this photo of 4 teachers in Southern California.

They are holding a noose & laughing about it.

How do you feel about it & are you offended by the photo ?

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...5dff592056489a

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-NOOSE.html

A shocking photograph of a group of teachers has sparked major controversy and lead to the group’s suspension from work.

The four female teachers — who work at Summerwind Elementary School in Southern California — were photographed smiling as they pointed to a noose.

The photograph was believed to have been taken by the school principal, Linda Brandts, who then emailed the photograph — as well as a second picture of the noose hanging on a wall in the staff offices — to all employees of the school, with no caption or context.

It was soon circulated on social media, sparking fury from the public, with many demanding the group be fired immediately over the morbid act.

One parent told local media that the noose had been hung from a tree on the grounds of the school earlier this month.

They also claimed that someone shot video of the teachers laughing and joking about the noose.

The photo has enraged people across the world, with many condemning the women for appearing to celebrate a tool associated with suicide.

“You women disgust me. You have no business in education. You deserve to be fired with professional reprimand,” one person wrote.

A statement, released by Palmdale School District Superintendent Raul Maldonado, confirmed he was aware of an “incident involving the discovery of a noose and possibly inappropriate responses to that discovery.”

He assured the public that an investigation was being conducted to get to the bottom of the incident.

But this did little to quell anger from the community, with parents and local activists protesting outside of Summerwind Elementary on Friday afternoon.

Some parents even pulled their kids out of school in response to the photographs.

One parent, Tierra Harris, told her daughter why the noose was so offensive to the community.

“Do you know what they use that for? They use that to hang African-American people — that’s what they do — and kill them,” Ms Harris told television station KABC.

“They still do it to this day. I don’t want you going here because I don’t want you to feel like that.”

Another parents Breyan Clemmons pulled her child out of the school and said it “hurts me to the core”.

“It’s disgusting and I’m outraged, and I want to see some action and not just administrative leave,” she told the Antelope Valley Press.

“We think that we’re sending them to a school; they’re safe. Never do we think we’re sending them to a plantation where they got nooses hanging up, and holding on to nooses.”

Yes , for damaging the image of the school if anything racial controversy apart the principal is like the leader of a business and that is bad business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    People seem to have forgotten 'innocent till proven guilty' and jump right to the lynch mob again. Ironic, isn't it.

There may even be context to this, but, someone has to be allowed to at least attempt to provide it.
    I'm trying to think in which context finding a noose would be a noteworthy event to take a picture of it , mmmh.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    yes you could sport a swastika ( in it's religious aplication ) and you should not expect to get shit for it

just because one symbol got "stolen" and used by some dipshits in the past doesn't make you a dipshit for using it in it's intended aplication aka religion. If people assume you mean harm to them just by sporting a symbol and attack you for it , they are at fault for being ignorant , thin skinned and choosing to not even want to know context .
    There are subtle differences between a Nazi swastika and a Hindu one. Nazi ones are rotated a specific way. Hindu ones tend to have rounded tips and I'm not sure about the rotation.

Still, unfortunately, one would have to be careful with a swastika because it's easy for one who doesn't understand the symbols well (and I know I don't) to confuse the two.

There's a similar issue with some european candies having chocolates with words in a variation of "negro" on them. Some people get stupidly upset, not realizing that the candy bar's title simply means "dark chocolate."

People jump to conclusions too quickly.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't think it should be the business of any institution or corporation to police morality.

so no, they shouldn't be sacked for a dumb picture.
    it's in their business to protect the image of the school

10+ Year Old Account
    So four Beckys find a noose. They think it's a joke.
    Becky's are usually very self-centered. So they assume this should be a joke for everyone!

I'm assuming a few boxes of wine were involved... and a lot of bad assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    We don't know the context of why the picture was taken.
    Plus it may have been private and just an inside joke or something.
    People need to chill.
    Still it has got to the internet firing them is the only way to damage control at this point

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So, how do we know they weren't like, "Look, we finally managed to tie the knot right!" while smiling and pointing? Like, that shit's hard. To immediately jump to the worst possible outcome is unnecessary.

Kind of hard to criticize this without any context to why they are holding a noose. It is an odd picture for the teachers to take. I think it is making mountains out of molehills without any context. Maybe they want to hang themselves because teaching in California is a hard job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    So, how do we know they weren't like, "Look, we finally managed to tie the knot right!" while smiling and pointing? Like, that shit's hard. To immediately jump to the worst possible outcome is unnecessary.
    But nobody is saying that. It's equally unnecessary to immediately assume that it's totally fine. That's why it's being investigated, so we can find out what the truth is.

The real problem is that when there's even any question as to whether something is racist or not, Team Nobody is Ever Racist and in this specific case, 'Sub-Team Knots are Cool' jump into action and cry oppression at everyone who's just having a little look to see if there could be a tiny bit of racism there for the sake of knowing what the fuck we're even talking about here. Checking to see if something is true is not the same thing as declaring it to be so.

HEY MAYBE THIS DUDE JUST LIKES TANKS
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-05-12 at 04:04 PM.

Absolutely. They should be fired without question.

Teachers should be held to a higher standard because they have the power to shape our children's minds.

I wouldn't trust these 4 fat hags to look after a group of children from minority backgrounds.

The white people in this thread excusing this behaviour are deplorable for making excuses for the teachers. White people love to stick up for other white people.

Teachers seem to have real problems lately with integrity. It's becoming an epidemic.
    Last edited by Shinra1; 2019-05-12 at 05:16 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    A noose or hangmans knot is a knot used in camping, fishing, and boating.
    Nah, boat knots are pretzel shaped

The people and the media overreacting to this and asking for it to be sacked should be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    50-60 years means quite a few people were in their teens while that shit was going on...as in a lot of our grandparents.
    Then came the civil rights movement while they were teens or young adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Hangmans knots are only commonly used for hanging people... it wouldn't be very practical to use a hangmans knot, because it would be harder to take off than other slipknots.

Hangmans knots also aren't used for anything else outside of hangings, even though they can be. Anything you can think of, there is a better knot to use over this knot.
    Tying a fishing hook to fishing line. As I've been taught, the hangman's knot is largely the most common knot used in attaching fish hooks because it's a very strong slip knot.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's trashy alone; at its base its a device used to kill someone. Why even smile and point at it? The schools fair in firing those that damage its image, which these teachers sure do.