Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Dicking around in King's Landing is just . . . spectacularly stupid. She's letting the Starks and Daenerys get their feet back underneath themselves after being overextended. That's a tactical error.
    She gave herself time to gather forces (especially the Golden Company minus elephants), she prepared herself for the siege, fortifying Kings Landing and preparing to use people as meat shield. She waited out the crisis, which removed around half of her enemies armies. Then she had Euron ambush Daenerys fleet, which resulted in more losses, mostly in a dragon, ships and probably the remains of Daenerys sanity.

By following through with the promise she could have had her army mixed into the conflict, and end up in a way less fortified position - with smaller army, surrounded by enemies she doesn't believe to keep their words. Seems she did just fine. Also, I don't think she truly believed in the scope of the whole ordeal. Probably right, since all it took to remove the whole "zombie apocalypse" was to poke 1 particular zombie with Valyrian steel, or potentially dragonglass.

RIP Varys btw. Getting shireened. Feelsbadman.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    She gave herself time to gather forces (especially the Golden Company minus elephants), she prepared herself for the siege, fortifying Kings Landing and preparing to use people as meat shield. She waited out the crisis, which removed around half of her enemies armies. Then she had Euron ambush Daenerys fleet, which resulted in more losses, mostly in a dragon, ships and probably the remains of Daenerys sanity.

By following through with the promise she could have had her army mixed into the conflict, and end up in a way less fortified position - with smaller army, surrounded by enemies she doesn't believe to keep their words. Seems she did just fine. Also, I don't think she truly believed in the scope of the whole ordeal. Probably right, since all it took to remove the whole "zombie apocalypse" was to poke 1 particular zombie with Valyrian steel, or potentially dragonglass.
    And what if the forces at winterfell lose?
    Cersei can't beat the army of the dead after it has killed and raised everyone else in Westeros as zombies. And no matter how much food Kingslanding has stored, the winter that comes with the NK would outlast them.

Her only plan was to hope that the Norths forces would be barely able to win, and she was wrong. They were hopelessly outmatched and utterly decimated at no cost and would have marched south to end all life if not for a teleporting super ninja.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And what if the forces at winterfell lose?
    Cersei can't beat the army of the dead after it has killed and raised everyone else in Westeros as zombies. And no matter how much food Kingslanding has stored, the winter that comes with the NK would outlast them.
    First, Cersei probably didn't really believe in the scope of danger M. Night King poses. I mean, her enemies came and told her to hold on, they have a quick apocalypse to fix. Add her paranoia to that. I don't think she really believed danger was THAT grave. What she saw was literally 1 zombie pathetic enough to be used for a presentation.

Even if, Cersei in the show is the exact kind of person to rather risk the end of the world than let her enemies be even a step closer to winning against her. She gambled on the Might King to lose, and she won the gamble.

What if the Night King is immortal but takes many thousands of years (like 8.000 years) to respawn? He was defeated at the end of the original Long Night as well, yet he eventually returned. I predict that the final twist is that the Night King will rise again, but long after the show is over. The Night King embodies Death and Winter. And Death and Winter are never truly gone.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-05-12 at 06:32 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    What if the Night King is immortal but takes many thousands of years (like 8.000 years) to respawn? He was defeated at the end of the original Long Night as well, yet he eventually returned. I predict that the final twist is that the Night King will rise again, but long after the show is over. The Night King embodies Death and Winter. And Death and Winter are never truly gone.
    Do we know how he was defeated? Was he 'killed' back then, too, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Do we know how he was defeated? Was he 'killed' back then, too, or something else?
    No, we do not know how he was defeated, but we will find out in the Long Night prequel. What is a fact is that the Night King entered into a sort of dormant state after his defeat, only to reawaken many thousands of years later. Why is that?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I'm so god damn excited for this episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we do not know how he was defeated, but we will find out in the Long Night prequel. What is a fact is that the Night King entered into a sort of dormant state after his defeat, only to reawaken many thousands of years later. Why is that?
    Good question. Do you think he is in a dormant state now, then? Or is that just speculation?

Lets see which character kind of forgets something this episode.

Kings Landing kinda forgot that its supposed to be surrounded by water on 3 sides and mountains on the other. Oopsie.

Tyrion kind of forgot on which side he is.

Cant wait for more!

Also all that arya + bow training scenes this season (and in season 1) must mean something . Hope the show doesnt kinda forget about that.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-05-12 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Lets see which character kind of forgets something this episode.

Kings Landing kinda forgot that its supposed to be surrounded by water on 3 sides and mountains on the other. Oopsie.

Tyrion kind of forgot on which side he is.

Cant wait for more!

Also all that arya + bow training scenes this season (and in season 1) must mean something . Hope the show doesnt kinda forget about that.
    That meant ;Ooooh, look at us, we're doing a call back to when this show was better, aren't we clever'.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Unlike GoT, that movie was intended to be silly and over-the-top.
    I think that's the point...

My assumption, and it is pure assumption obviously, is that he learned from his first defeat to not engage people who have weapons that can destroy his soldiers without first having overwhelming numbers. It stands to reason that during the first long night there were probably less people in that part of the world to draw upon, and as we all know, his forces are dependent on having dead people to fill them.

Guis game of things tonight who else excited!? I know I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Guis game of things tonight who else excited!? I know I am!
    I'm looking forward to the disappointment
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I wonder if Edmure Tully still is chilling in his prison cell after Arya killed all the Freys lol. Probably starved to death already.

"We kind of forgot about Edmure Tully"

Atleast they probably found a way to add in dorne back by adding some random new dornish dude just to give dany some more soldiers right when she needs them.

Cant wait for my weekly fanfiction! Are you ready for Cleganebowl? Will be sad to see both die in the fire tbh. I love the hound.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-05-12 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm so god damn excited for this episode.
    I am more excited to read the rage on these forums tomorrow morning.

The only way the show can recover is if Cersei wins.

Everyone would be like, whoa! Did not see that coming.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    The only way the show can recover is if Cersei wins.

Everyone would be like, whoa! Did not see that coming.
    Not really. With only 2 episodes left, there's nothing they can do to actually save it. Everything needs a good set up to work, not enough time for anything right now.

My prediction is that Cersei loses in the upcoming episode, and the finale will be Jon vs Daenarys who will have completely lost her mind by then and goes insane. Its going to feel rushed and unsatisfying.

Subtitles got leaked and the are true, welp rip show.

Ring the bells!