Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Good lord, 4 million copies means people still want something with turn based, that's the only point I was making, not if square made money, stop being so bloody obtuse. It sold well, not my fault SE spent too much on it so it didn't break even.
    Hes also purposely ignoring that game released in the west vs spider-man and shortly followed by red dead redemption. Game was dead on arrival.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Tifa better have some big milkers in this game or else there'll be riots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not well enough.

Games are not made on hopes and dreams, shit cost money. Why do you think RTS's died even tho many people want them, Because they don't sell well.

$$$$ is what matters not peoples feelz.
    RTS's aren't dead, base building RTS's are mostly, but not all RTS's. Total War still does well.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Hes also purposely ignoring that game released in the west vs spider-man and shortly followed by red dead redemption. Game was dead on arrival.
    Game was dead ether way, It releasing on top of Spiderman (3 days before) didn't help that's for sure.

Its a niche JRPG expecting millions in sells is a pipe dream. Square Enix handled it piss poorly and if you even looked at the DQXI thread you would see I haven't ignored the fact it released next to Spiderman.

Octopath only sold like 1.5mil copies on the Switch and Square Enix hasn't really said if that was good or bad for them. Seeing how Nintendo funded the development they likely made a decent amount of profit.

If it was Square Enix's baby only it likely would have bombed.

Expecting games like JRPG's or RTS's to sell insane copies just isn't going to happen. Even Persona 5 didn't break 3mil copies (last report was 2.4) but atlas knows how to budget shit and knows how niche their games are.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Game was dead ether way, It releasing on top of Spiderman (3 days before) didn't help that's for sure.

Its a niche JRPG expecting millions in sells is a pipe dream. Square Enix handled it piss poorly and if you even looked at the DQXI thread you would see I haven't ignored the fact it released next to Spiderman.

Octopath only sold like 1.5mil copies on the Switch and Square Enix hasn't really said if that was good or bad for them. Seeing how Nintendo funded the development they likely made a decent amount of profit.

If it was Square Enix's baby only it likely would have bombed.

Expect games like JRPG's or RTS's to sell insane copies just isn't going to happen. Even Persona 5 didn't break 3mil copies (last report was 2.4) but atlas knows how to budget shit and knows how niche their games are.
    the marketing for it also sucked. They basically did everything wrong possible trying to sell it outside of the actual game production. Although judging by all the reviews and internet crowd they should have spent more budget on the sound track.

When you think of Epic turn based games they normally have a memorable sound track

RTS's aren't dead, base building RTS's are mostly, but not all RTS's. Total War still does well.
    RTS's are dead when it comes to mass market.

They are a niche style of game just like turn based RPG's....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

the marketing for it also sucked. They basically did everything wrong possible trying to sell it outside of the actual game production. Although judging by all the reviews and internet crowd so they should have spent more budget on the sound track
    It's an extremely good game, one of my top games honestly, but DQ doesn't have a following in the west

- - - Updated - - -

RTS's are dead when it comes to mass market.

They are a niche style of game just like turn based RPG's....
    Being niche doesn't mean dead, there's still a huge player base for games like Total War and Age of Empires 4 is in development.

Very few genres are actually "dead"

the marketing for it also sucked. They basically did everything wrong possible trying to sell it outside of the actual game production. Although judging by all the reviews and internet crowd they should have spent more budget on the sound track.

When you think of Epic turn based games they normally have a memorable sound track
    I don't disagree at all. I feel there was a lot of area's the game could have been improved in.

It was a very average JRPG, That's not a bad or good thing. If you like turn based JRPG's you likely enjoyed the game, But Square Enix being Square dropped the ball at every chance they had and killed the game.

The fact it took over a year to even hit the west was dumb as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Being niche doesn't mean dead, there's still a huge player base for games like Total War and Age of Empires 4 is in development.

Very few genres are actually "dead"
    Read what I said.

Its dead when it comes to MASS MARKET, Its a niche style of game and if budget correctly it will do well enough. But when it comes to MASS MARKET its dead.

The fact it took over a year to even hit the west was dumb as well.
    This we can agree on, it's an SE thing.. but I figured it was pretty dead after they started releasing FF's almost simultaneously world wide.

- - - Updated - - -

Read what I said.

Its dead when it comes to MASS MARKET, Its a niche style of game and if budget correctly it will do well. But when it comes to MASS MARKET its dead.
    Well MASS MARKET can go die in a fire, MASS MARKET is why WoW blows chunks now.

Well MASS MARKET can go die in a fire, MASS MARKET is why WoW blows chunks now.
    Mass Market is why WoW became the giant it was.....

There is a reason it was called Everquest Lite.

Mass Market is why WoW became the giant it was.....

There is a reason it was called Everquest Lite.
    And the keep trying to chase that rabbit and the subs keep dropping. Even at it's peak wow never really catered to the super casual, not at all like today.

People in masses are retarded, probably why trash like Fortnite and CoD are so popular.

And the keep trying to chase that rabbit and the subs keep dropping.

People in masses are retarded, probably why trash like Fortnite and CoD are so popular.
    See its comments like this I just don't really care to take part in. I get it you don't like Fortnite or CoD and that's fine, But calling them trash is a bit much. I get it they are not your style of game.

And people may not give two shits about JRPG's because it isn't their style of game. Calling ether side trash is childish as fuck, Different people like different things.

I just worry for this game.

I know they havent shown us much. But I dont see WHY they are doing it apart from making money off the popular name

See its comments like this I just don't really care to take part in. I get it you don't like Fortnite or CoD and that's fine, But calling them trash is a bit much. I get it they are not your style of game.

And people may not give two shits about JRPG's because it isn't their style of game. Calling ether side trash is childish as fuck, Different people like different things.
    So you support the downfall of the decent gaming market?

CoD releases a full priced game every year, nothing changes from game to game, people eat it up....

Fortnite makes bank off the idea of another by making it more simplified and childish, all while abandoning something that people paid money for.... Hell, you could have a lawsuit drawn up over the state of save the world honestly, people paid money for a game that will probably never be finished.

All this shows is gamers are stupid and companies eat that up and take advantage of them.

I just worry for this game.

I know they havent shown us much. But I dont see WHY they are doing it apart from making money off the popular name
    Because Square Enix is being Square Enix.

I am a big FF7 fan to the point where I admit my opinion on it is very bias and even I didn't want a Remake. I would like to see the series just die off because its been milked to death.

So I didn't really get my hopes up about this and every step of the way Square Enix has shown me that I made the right choice on that.

Because Square Enix is being Square Enix.

I am a big FF7 fan to the point where I admit my opinion on it is very bias and even I didn't want a Remake. I would like to see the series just die off because its been milked to death.

So I didn't really get my hopes up about this and every step of the way Square Enix has shown me that I made the right choice on that.
    So you're just cynical, gotcha... and wanting a series to die off just because you don't like it... sounds pretty CHILDISH like you called me. I've wanted this remake since the first time it was ever hinted, way back around KH 1 or two.

So you support the downfall of the decent gaming market?
    Downfall how?

We are getting 100's of games daily, High quality titles from both indies,AA and AAA company's.

What downfall is there again?

You just listed two JRPG's that you liked and yet think we are in some kind of downfall?

Downfall how?

We are getting 100's of games daily, High quality titles from both indies,AA and AAA company's.

What downfall is there again?

You just listed two JRPG's that you liked and yet think we are in some kind of downfall?
    Between mobile gaming and BR crap everywhere yes, we are. Aside from DQXI and a few others, I have an extremely low amount of new AA and AAA games worth a damn, most of the stuff I have to look forward to is Remakes and Expansions.

Everyone is trying to chase the rabbit and it leaves most "niche" games in the dust, subpar and sad. Sure you can look at indie, but with indie games comes indie budgets, which leads to indie graphics etc.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-05-13 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sounds like a you issue.
    If you like BRs and all that crap, times are great for you. Sad for any of us old guard who actually enjoy the old style of gameplay.

Between mobile gaming and BR crap everywhere yes, we are. Aside from DQXI and a few others, I have an extremely low amount of new AA and AAA games worth a damn, most of the stuff I have to look forward to is Remakes and Expansions.
    And that's you, I on the other hand have a huge amount of games in both the AA and AAA market I am looking forward to.

We are no where near a downfall, you are factually wrong here. You just don't see much that interests you.

Once again you defend the game style you like while shitting on the styles you don't. Do you not really see the issue with that?

- - - Updated - - -

If you like BRs and all that crap, times are great for you. Sad for any of us old guard who actually enjoy the old style of gameplay.
    Tons out there give me a type and ill give you 3.

Its a you issue.