Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Zero sum dkp is great when you clear the raid. You'll have to introduce bonus points for progress nights or risk some of the players mysteriously mostly only having time for farm raids

In our fixed price dkp had the option to pay double if someone really wanted the item.
    Will there actually be much 'progress' in vanilla raids anyway? I feel it's more about the logistics then the 'learning curve' of the fight itself.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Will there actually be much 'progress' in vanilla raids anyway? I feel it's more about the logistics then the 'learning curve' of the fight itself.
    You're right, raids will probably be cleared in an evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess some guilds will use DKP because it was used so commonly back then, in order to get "the vanilla feeling".

I am a purist when it comes to the ACTUAL game. But I will 100% use discord, not whatever voiceprogram they had back then, I will use Loot Council ofc and any other modern convinient things that are OUTSIDE of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Your Main tank SHOULD get the first DFT that drops.

Still, he sounds like an asshole; that doesn't change the fact that all things being equal, your MT should be getting priority on some of the best DPS items out of MC and BWL to assist in threat and get the bosses killed much faster, Drakefang Talisman and Band of Accuria being two important ones that will make the fury/rogues/hunters salty.
    I agree. Threat is a priority in Vanilla/Classic, especially on Horde-side when Windfury procs are unpredictable. The DFT is stronger on a Bear Tank than a Warrior imo, but furries can't really tank the drakes / Nef effectively. Your MT shouldn't be rolling on pure DPS gear, obviously, like a 2 handed sword or something, but DFT if I remember has 1% dodge and 2% hit and is a good tank trinket.

Experienced a lot of systems in vanilla, and there was both good and bad experiences with them all. This time around we'll likely go with some kind of council/masterloot setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about loot system as long as I can have all loot as a main tank. Plebs can /roll for the rest as I don't care.

We only had tank prio for tanking stuff (2set prio or 4set only), he was spending DKP, but he had to wait dead last for DPS stuff unless others passed on it for him.
    He was not a loot whore either, was quite good as well. I am amazed that @OP stayed in that guild and did not look for other.
    Also 2 bosses in Naxx just before TBC - damn thats bad indeed.

But yeah as @Gaidax mentioned - plenty (mainly scrub) 'lower level' guilds act like that.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2019-05-12 at 08:24 AM.

First and only week of progress: give loot to those whose dps/hps it will benefit the most.
    During farm: give to gm, officers and people who you suspect will be there next tier.
    Hopefully it will be time gated so that almost everyone in the guilds will have adequate gear before next tier is released.

DKP with Tank and Healers prioritized. If it was a clear upgrade for a Tank or Healer they got the priority on it. Best way to do it. Loot council always ends up a popularity contest or gearing up the guilds buddies and family. Loot Council can work for hardcore guilds that are all about progressing as quick as possible but for the rest of them DKP is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    Any guild not using set price DKP is one boss kill away from disbanding due to drama about loot.

Join a guild using set price DKP.
    Show up to every raid.
    Earn your DKP.
    Whisper master looter for an upgrade that drops.
    Win items when you have the highest DKP.
    This, but i must add to it that a single person needs to run the DKP and it needs to be the most honest of the bunch that everyone trusts. That way, everyone trusts that the dkp is on point and no funny business is being done because too many hands in the cookie jar.

It's going to go back to ML and you'll be at the mercy of the guild leadership. Or you'll have to find a guild that uses a more objective system like DKP/EPGP, or some other system.

But in burden is going to be on you since we won't have Blizzard's protection anymore like we started to in 7.0 and completely in 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    It's going to go back to ML and you'll be at the mercy of the guild leadership. Or you'll have to find a guild that uses a more objective system like DKP/EPGP, or some other system.

But in burden is going to be on you since we won't have Blizzard's protection anymore like we started to in 7.0 and completely in 8.0.
    honestly, the system could work better before provided there is a very trustworthy ML and DKP manager. I understand the idea of loot protection and personal loot, but it's also helped contribute to the Diablo 3 style loot progression and seasonal feel the game currently has and that's a problem for a lot of players (myself included)

I personally prefer the older, EQ style loot system. Gear scarcity and having to essentially earn it via dkp made it feel a lot more tangible vs today where i legit couldn't tell you hardly the stats on a single piece of gear i'm wearing or where it dropped from because gear has been meaningless for all of bfa

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    honestly, the system could work better before provided there is a very trustworthy ML and DKP manager. I understand the idea of loot protection and personal loot, but it's also helped contribute to the Diablo 3 style loot progression and seasonal feel the game currently has and that's a problem for a lot of players (myself included)
    See, I like PL mainly because it shapes the loot drops for the instance. For example, say your raid is nothing but Monks, Rogues, DHs, and Druids. You're not not going to see Plate/Mail/Cloth drops. Nor will you see bows/guns/xbows or wands. You will only see what those classes/specs can use.

I have seen plenty of raids, early on, in BC and beyond prior to Legion where entire loot drops were DE'd because no one could use the item or already had it.

It won't be that bad because people are not retards anymore. In Vanilla People only looked at the Color and all Epic MC Items were better than Blues, just because they were more Rare and Epic. Nowadays people know that most MC and BWL Items are pretty bad and lots of Blues beat them.

I doubt lots of Guilds will go back to DKP or EPGP. Its probably will be some kind of Loot-Council or this Addon we used in WoD where you can click on BIS, Need, Sidegrade etc and the Masterlooter can then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    See, I like PL mainly because it shapes the loot drops for the instance. For example, say your raid is nothing but Monks, Rogues, DHs, and Druids. You're not not going to see Plate/Mail/Cloth drops. Nor will you see bows/guns/xbows or wands. You will only see what those classes/specs can use.

I have seen plenty of raids, early on, in BC and beyond prior to Legion where entire loot drops were DE'd because no one could use the item or already had it.
    I totally get that aspect, and it was more of a thing in BC and beyond due to shrinking raid sizes. In vanilla 40 man, most gear had someone who wanted it. Back then, the worst thing that happened was getting Paladin or Shaman tier for the other side, especially paladin since it was plate (vs mail which could be useable at least by paladins, but it wasn't uncommon to see pally healers in full cloth)

Seriously, nothing like being horde and the tier that drops is ally only or vice versa. that was always disheartening AF

Loot Council always ends with gearing up the GM's buddies and family first unless its a hardcore progression guild.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I totally get that aspect, and it was more of a thing in BC and beyond due to shrinking raid sizes. In vanilla 40 man, most gear had someone who wanted it. Back then, the worst thing that happened was getting Paladin or Shaman tier for the other side, especially paladin since it was plate (vs mail which could be useable at least by paladins, but it wasn't uncommon to see pally healers in full cloth)

Seriously, nothing like being horde and the tier that drops is ally only or vice versa. that was always disheartening AF
    Problem is, AQ/Naxx excepted, is that loot was class specific. So you'll still get Druid-only drops for example and the gear can only be DE'd if there are no druids who need it, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need Before Greed with enforced armor rules (no Warriors rolling on Leather, for example).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Need Before Greed with enforced armor rules (no Warriors rolling on Leather, for example).
    That doesn't work in classic as there were a lot of leather pieces that are BIS for DPS warriors.

5+ Year Old Account
    We used fixed price DKP and the person with the most DKP who whispered the raid leader got the item. We had a really sound group of physical DPS who in our private channel discussed drops and would quite often decide who the item benefited the most. Well up until our first Ashkandi dropped and our 2nd tank wanted it and decided he wanted to go DPS and as we had no system to stop that kind of bidding he got it. No system is perfect but the more sensible people you have the easier loot distribution is.