Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Right. Any pne expecting to start fresh and beable to catch up instantly is a fool. Of course you will need some time to do so, but the catch up mechanics make it ridiculously easier.
    I still wonder why such a system is held onto... surely the lost subs can't be worth the extra time spent stretching out content.

HoA catch up? i hit 120 on friday evening with a character at like lvl 9 neck. sunday night i log off and it's at 30.

and i wasn't necessarily trying to farm azerite, that's just what came organically by playing.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-05-13 at 11:22 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I miss Legion version of AK where the AP per level remained the same but you gained much more AP with each AK level.

Just like I miss BoA rep tokens and ability to sell AP rewards when at cap.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Quote Originally Posted by Be Careful View Post
    I still wonder why such a system is held onto... surely the lost subs can't be worth the extra time spent stretching out content.
    I doubt this tyoe of system has anything to do with people leaving the game. Time gating and stretching out content has been in place since day one. It is a core staple of MMOs, especially ones that monetize through subscription fees. It has to do with not wanting to give everything right away, which violates the first point and makes character progression pointless. Might as well just be a fighting game if you don't have to work towards anything and ust have maxed out characters from the start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    I miss Legion version of AK where the AP per level remained the same but you gained much more AP with each AK level.
    It's essentially the same thing, it looks different, but in the end it is the same thing.

I doubt this tyoe of system has anything to do with people leaving the game. Time gating and stretching out content has been in place since day one. It is a core staple of MMOs, especially ones that monetize through subscription fees. It has to do with not wanting to give everything right away, which violates the first point and makes character progression pointless. Might as well just be a fighting game if you don't have to work towards anything and ust have maxed out characters from the start.
    I don't agree with you in terms of AP. There has never been a system in wow you could not bypass by playing better. AP is more or less mythic tax. It puts people in group content they can easily solo in a vain attempt to stretch out time played metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Careful View Post
    I don't agree with you in terms of AP. There has never been a system in wow you could not bypass by playing better. AP is more or less mythic tax. It puts people in group content they can easily solo in a vain attempt to stretch out time played metrics.
    I don't see how AP forces people in group content? I have never done group content specifically for AP other than the weekly IE one.

- - - Updated - - -

It's essentially the same thing, it looks different, but in the end it is the same thing.
    It's not the same thing.
    Legion version allowed you to gain several levels (on fresh alts) on your artifact with a single AP reward when high enough.
    BFA version only reduces (in %) AP per level, up to a certain point. And you can't vendor AP rewards when at max artifact level.

It's not the same thing.
    Legion version allowed you to gain several levels (on fresh alts) on your artifact with a single AP reward when high enough.
    BFA version only reduces (in %) AP per level, up to a certain point. And you can't vendor AP rewards when at max artifact level.
    Gaining several levels is still possible. If you get the 2500 one from Island Expeditions, that can give you up to 3 level ups if you are still very low, for example.
    The numbering difference literally doesn't matter. This way its easy to understand the numbers, since they'll always be the same - and low.

For vendoring, that has nothing to do with how the numbers work. Its just a simple product of only having one heart, and not multiple weapons. So you don't get items that you can then chooste the item to use them on, instead the stuff gets directly vacuumed into the heart. Would you rather have to level 3 hearts?

They can easily fix the second by making everything that gives you AP give you gold instead.

how about war campaign skip for alts just gimme all the AP/unlocked boat transport/followers without having to do that trash quests that are unvoiced again on alts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Gaining several levels is still possible. If you get the 2500 one from Island Expeditions, that can give you up to 3 level ups if you are still very low, for example.
    The numbering difference literally doesn't matter. This way its easy to understand the numbers, since they'll always be the same - and low.

For vendoring, that has nothing to do with how the numbers work. Its just a simple product of only having one heart, and not multiple weapons. So you don't get items that you can then chooste the item to use them on, instead the stuff gets directly vacuumed into the heart. Would you rather have to level 3 hearts?

They can easily fix the second by making everything that gives you AP give you gold instead.
    I was talking about world quests.

AP rewards above 1k are limitted, and as you said, up to 3 levels only.

Lets look at contribution rewards. 500AP per hand-in.

If Legion had them, handing them at similar point in the expansion you would go from artifact level 1 to 20-30 in one go with a reward of several hundred thousand / several milion AP.
    Yesterday on my second mage alt I went from level 9,5 to 10 with a single hand-in. Compare that to the Legion version above when a single world quest would award expotentially more AP and levels. You will realize 30% reduction each week, with a minimal ammount of 1k per level is far less potent than Legion version.

Nothing will change.

You will be able to reach the same ilvl you have now with emissary quests, but you will have to farm way more to obtain it.
    Also, there won't be any chance to have it warforged or titanforged, since it will be upgraded through tokens, which will bring the item to a specific ilvl.

They have to get rid of the azerite power per character, and instead put it account bound ( essences too ).
    Only this could solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    You realize it's a bait trap for you to come back and sub to blizzard right...? Blizzard's smart and you do whatever u want.....
    Bait trap lol. Omg what devious people, they want you to play their game. Literally Hitler!

You will realize 30% reduction each week, with a minimal ammount of 1k per level is far less potent than Legion version.
    I do realize this, but it still does not matter. Catching up to levels where it increases over the 1k boundary anyway takes literally only a few hours if you just do the war campaign and a few WQs. Maybe Island Expeditions on top.

Complaining about taking a day of questing on a new character to catch up to a point where you can wear most Azerite Gear is just going to make me call you lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Nothing will change.

You will be able to reach the same ilvl you have now with emissary quests, but you will have to farm way more to obtain it.
    Also, there won't be any chance to have it warforged or titanforged, since it will be upgraded through tokens, which will bring the item to a specific ilvl.

They have to get rid of the azerite power per character, and instead put it account bound ( essences too ).
    Only this could solve the problem.
    Making Artifact Power account-wide would introduce more problems than solve current ones. Mainly it would promote having as many alts as possible doing emisarries which would be ..... unhealthy.

The best choice would be to revert AP per level to base values (before Artifact Knowledge) and bring back the Legion version of Artifact Knowledge.
    So what if the numbers would get bigger. The alt catch up would be fast enough.

Bring back AP tokens that can be sold.
    Bring back BoA rep tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I do realize this, but it still does not matter. Catching up to levels where it increases over the 1k boundary anyway takes literally only a few hours if you just do the war campaign and a few WQs. Maybe Island Expeditions on top.

Complaining about taking a day of questing on a new character to catch up to a point where you can wear most Azerite Gear is just going to make me call you lazy.
    Yeah, because wanting to have it alittle easier to get up to scrap neck levels of my 20 level 120 chars is me being lazy .....
    Last edited by rad586; 2019-05-13 at 12:58 PM.

Yeah, because wanting to have it alittle easier to get up to scrap neck levels of my 20 level 120 chars is me being lazy .....
    Yes, yes it is. Its your choice to play 20 chars, and if you now complain that its "hard", then this is on you.

I don't see how AP forces people in group content? I have never done group content specifically for AP other than the weekly IE one.
    It is the mythic raider tax if you don't mythic raid you won't really care about it. It is either a system you ignore or one you have to grind it seems to fail both audiences.

Making Artifact Power account-bound would introduce more problems than solve current ones. Mainly it would promote having as many alts as possible doing emisarries which would be ..... unhealthy.
    If you want to do emissary with many alts what would be the problem?
    I don't get it.

Having the heart of azeroth account bound would simply allow the player to play, whenever he likes, the character he wants, worrying only about equipping it or having fun.

To put it even in a simplier way.

I got 3 characters:

With Heart of Azeroth NOT ACCOUNT SHARED, I am forced to pursue artifact farming x3, and if i decide to abandon one of my alts, when i come back i will have to catch up, even if the early levels would be easier. I will have to redo a stupid useless farming i already done.

With Heart of Azeroth ACCOUNT SHARED, I could simply login and equip the character i want to use, or even better! I could login to have fun playing the content I like, not caring about world quests and so on.

The difference between 3x mythic 10 and a single azerite progression vs 3x mythic 10 + 3 different azerite progressions is neat. And I only considered to have 3 characters... imagine those who like to have 1x or even more ( alliance/horde ).

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    A lot of people played alts in vanilla... your point is invalid... Most of my 40 man had at least 1-2.

If you want to try a different class you kind of need alts.
    imagine the alt / splitrun armys the best guilds will have ready once phase 6 naxx hits

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    If you want to do emissary with many alts what would be the problem?
    I don't get it.

Having the heart of azeroth account bound would simply allow the player to play, whenever he likes, the character he wants, worrying only about equipping it or having fun.

To put it even in a simplier way.

I got 3 characters:

With Heart of Azeroth NOT ACCOUNT SHARED, I am forced to pursue artifact farming x3, and if i decide to abandon one of my alts, when i come back i will have to catch up, even if the early levels would be easier. I will have to redo a stupid useless farming i already done.

With Heart of Azeroth ACCOUNT SHARED, I could simply login and equip the character i want to use, or even better! I could login to have fun playing the content I like, not caring about world quests and so on.

The difference between 3x mythic 10 and a single azerite progression vs 3x mythic 10 + 3 different azerite progressions is neat. And I only considered to have 3 characters... imagine those who like to have 1x or even more ( alliance/horde ).
    Problem:
    1) Time restraints, people with jobs can't spend time to farm emissaries as much as they want, putting them behind
    2) Some wanna-be Mythic Guilds would force their players to have as many characters as possible grinding Artifact Power
    3) The feeling of being behind everyone else because you decide to play only one character and it holding you back

And don't pull the card of "I got 3 characters" on me.

I have a main with level 50 neck and 2 raid ready alts with level 48 necks.

My paladin hit level 120 on 4/22/2019 and is already up to neck level 47 without any special effort (whereas my warlock took probably 3 times as long to get to that point). With increased Azerite Knowledge in 8.2, it'll be even less of an issue.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu