Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ladies do you fear for your life when you reject a guy? Men do you get violent?

Came across this... piece... and Im going to hold off my own personal opinions on it.

I have hit on women and been rejected. I've never felt angry or turned violent. In fact, Its a humbling experience connecting with someone, all the planets align together, I take my shot AND.......... BOOM! Rejected.

I have landed dates and I have passed on dates. Been on every side of the spectrum and I have yet to feel angry, anxious or turn violent.

But thats JUST me, so im asking if anyone has experienced this OR know someone who has and would like your thoughts on this.

Seems like common knowledge? Guess not for some, I'd say it's a good personality characteristic to just treat everyone the same way you would want to be treated. Not just women.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Seems like common knowledge? Guess not for some, I'd say it's a good personality characteristic to just treat everyone the same way you would want to be treated. Not just women.
    Common knowledge and sense is woefully lacking these days.

Speaking to a stranger does not necessarily mean you are interested in a sexual encounter with that person. That's an absurd worldview to have. We are all capable of interacting with other human beings in a civil and social way. You can lob a flirtation at someone and see if it's reciprocated; actually our entire survival as a species relies on those verbal/nonverbal gestures. Even if you watch any Human Resources video about sexual harassment, they always indicate that what's appropriate is entirely subjective to the persons involved [but no one is a mind reader]. This doucheclown thinks people of two different sexes shouldn't be allowed to communicate in public? lol no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Seems like an unintended consequence of the mantra 'you can have anything you want, just take it' that has been drilled into the minds of the young. The concept of personal responsibility and respecting people's personal space needs to be re-learned.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

But i am not bi, chief.

I'd say it's a good personality characteristic to just treat everyone the same way you would want to be treated.
    Treating someone the way THEY want to be treated is more appropriate.

No idea what that post was for tbh. Seems to talk a lot for others. While true for some it's not true for everyone. I do agree on that if someone says no you should ofc respect that but the post seems like you shouldn't approach anyone rather than respecting a no.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Seems like an unintended consequence of the mantra 'you can have anything you want, just take it' that has been drilled into the minds of the young. The concept of personal responsibility and respecting people's personal space needs to be re-learned.
    Now how am i supposed to get her attention? Wait for her to start looking around and start waving at her in the meantime?

Just gimme her phone number without me approaching her.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that dude needs to unwad his panties.

Here's what happened the last time i was rejected "Okay." Asked a classmate out to coffee, she said no on account of having not slept before the final due to studying.

so incredibly violent, how could anyone not acquiesce due to overwhelming terror at my acceptance of a polite dismissal of my advances!
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Treating someone the way THEY want to be treated is more appropriate.
    Now how am i supposed to know? Only option for me is the neutral way of oding things in that situation.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i was just reading a tweet few hours ago about a mad girl speaking of how some men are actually entitled pricks that put her and many other girls life in danger because she rejected them, and they started harassing her while driving and trying to force her to hit the concrete or the car next to her out of spite.

some people are actually a disgrace to humanity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    Now how am i supposed to get her attention? Wait for her to start looking around and start waving at her in the meantime?

Just gimme her phone number without me approaching her.
    Or, wait for her to approach you... that works too.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Nothing wrong with saying hello for fucks sake. At least not in the normal world and then that’s it.

5+ Year Old Account
    If we all followed this fool's example, we'd go extinct in 100 years.

And then people wonder why so many people aren't dating, where the fuck are you supposed to meet someone if you won't approach her? I'd rather take the rejection than regret. If that annoys her, too bad, her problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Or, wait for her to approach you... that works too.
    I am too old to enroll into schools with paedophilic teachers.

I've been rejected like everyone else and I have never been offended for it. I don't remember ever being rejected in a mean way either. Plus I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to date someone that isn't ecstatic to go out with me...

On that note, I think its rather weird to say approaching people ever is wrong. I've been approached by women at the gym or at the store, I didn't find it obtrusive, even if I didn't find them attractive. Its rather vain to act like that, I'm sorry someone spoke to you?

Ivan Coyote is one of the coolest names I've ever heard. And also, he's right.

If some chick is wearing headphones AND reading a book at a bus stop, she doesn't have the survival skills necessary for her to be worth hitting on. Why impair yourself audibly AND visually while sitting only inches from the road where steel death machines are whizzing by at 60mph?

Leaver her alone, boys. She's trouble.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I'm assuming the target audience for this rant is men who can't take no as an answer.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance