Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    You didn't say the crime. If someone said they stole a hotdog this year and they said that they were 100% never going to stop stealing 1 hotdog per year, you'd be fine with killing them?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just trying to find out how much you believe in reality.
    That's a poor way to find out how much i believe in reality. Say I did say that yes, hot dog thieves deserve death....as long as their guilt can be 100% proven and there is no way they'd ever stop stealing hot dogs. How would that determine how much I believe in reality?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Imagine being so basement bound that you can't identify an obvious joke and truly think I'd let the guillotine drop on someone for using a word objectively wrong.
    Chill, I was also joking.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'd rather NOT pay for those human piles of trash to live in prison for their entire lives. They should walk out of the court room after being found guilty and immediately to the electric chair.
    I’ll gladly pay taxes knowing the worst criminals are going to live a life of misery , especially child abusers, for the misery they have caused others. Like I said there is no punishment with death.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You took LiiLoSNK's post seriously?
    Who says "imagine being so edgy" seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Who says "imagine being so edgy" seriously?
    About a quarter of the regular posters in Gen-OT
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    About a quarter of the regular posters in Gen-OT
    Well then they can piss off.

That's a poor way to find out how much i believe in reality. Say I did say that yes, hot dog thieves deserve death....as long as their guilt can be 100% proven and there is no way they'd ever stop stealing hot dogs. How would that determine how much I believe in reality?
    Well I meant just common law reality. You made it seem like any crime was punishable by death as long as they had no plans on stopping, which is unrealistic (ie: unlike reality). I mainly just wanted to know what you'd do if someone stole 2 hotdogs. Double death?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

5+ Year Old Account
    Murder and particularly heinous crimes (thinking of the Gertrude Baniszewskis of the world, though I take some solace knowing that swine died of cancer...and yeah, I'm aware of what I just said. Look the crime up), I've no issue with the death penalty. Rape, however...rapists, to me, are subhuman, and I care about things I've scraped off my shoe more than them. But it seems to me that if we bump up the penalty for rape to death that it, perversely, incentives the rapist to murder his victim to lessen his chances of discovery. It's...morbid (not unlike the topic), but I think that ultimately ends up working as a negative for their survivors, and I...don't know that I would support that.

Well I meant just common law reality. You made it seem like any crime was punishable by death as long as they had no plans on stopping, which is unrealistic (ie: unlike reality). I mainly just wanted to know what you'd do if someone stole 2 hotdogs. Double death?
    Well, with "common law reality" people already can be sentenced with multiple life sentences. So, perhaps the "common law reality" isn't really based on reality at all? So, again, I have to ask...how would your question get to the roots of how much I believe in reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Even the guy who invented the gif says its pronounced "jiff."

The fact that the G stands for "Graphical" with a hard G, is irrelevant. It's jiff, like the peanut butter.
    Just because he invented it doesn't mean he gets to decide how the English language works.

If you name your dog "Gerry", you can't say it's pronounced "Jerry".

They should be working most of the time while in prison. Why in the world would someone want to give a quick out to the most severe criminal? Many people in history joined the front lines in times of war of their own will to escape a long list of problems.

Well, with "common law reality" people already can be sentenced with multiple life sentences. So, perhaps the "common law reality" isn't really based on reality at all? So, again, I have to ask...how would your question get to the roots of how much I believe in reality?
    You said it's not possible in the era we live in. That's wrong. I'm saying you saw the crime first hand and they admitted it to you. Denying that is "kind of" like denying reality.

By, "kind of", I obviously mean completely. If you're going to look at something happen right in front of you and still say, "Well maybe he's innocent", then that's gonna be seen as a denial of reality for most people.

You said it's not possible in the era we live in. That's wrong. I'm saying you saw the crime first hand and they admitted it to you. Denying that is kind of like denying reality.

By, "kind of", I obviously mean completely. If you're going to look at something happen right in front of you and still say, "Well maybe he's innocent", then that's gonna be seen as a denial of reality for most people.
    I saw the guy first hand? Am I 100% sure it was him and not someone that looked like him? Does he have a twin brother? Has he been cloned?

He admitted it? Do I know that he wasn't coerced into doing so? Do i know 100% he's not lying?

Tell you what, you find me a guy that you can prove, with 100% accuracy, steals 1 hot dog every year and will, without fail, continue to steal 1 hot dog per year as long as he lives...and I'll tell you if he deserves to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Just because he invented it doesn't mean he gets to decide how the English language works.

If you name your dog "Gerry", you can't say it's pronounced "Jerry".
    I know you're just trolling, but still. Please tell me how you pronounce Geoff. I am loving this.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell you what, you find me a guy that you can prove, with 100% accuracy, steals 1 hot dog every year and will, without fail, continue to steal 1 hot dog per year as long as he lives...and I'll tell you if he deserves to die.
    I will be that guy and I will outlive you just to prove a point.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the guy first hand? Am I 100% sure it was him and not someone that looked like him? Does he have a twin brother? Has he been cloned?

He admitted it? Do I know that he wasn't coerced into doing so? Do i know 100% he's not lying?
    He did it right in front of you, then sat down and you both waited together until police showed up and he never left your sight.

I'm sorry, but you aren't going to win this, since you said 100%, meaning I have literally infinite ammunition in terms of building situations to prove you wrong, or at least make you look incredibly unreasonable when someone is obviously guilty.

the problem is that living in prison is not always hell actually rarely have multiple first-hand experiences would I clarify prison in life in hell. Rehabilitation is great for most cases. I draw the line probably at rape and or anything involving children. That's just my opinion which is no validation for writing law. I had to touch on this in a high school report the topic of which was capital punishment. I underlying argument against capital punishment was that in the use of lethal injection, the procedure would have to be performed by a doctor. My view of the hypocritic oath prevents any doctor from administering a lethal dose of anything to take a life.

I will be that guy and I will outlive you just to prove a point.
    You can only prove your point if you can prove, with 100% certainty, that you stole every single one of those hot dogs and, given eternal life, you would continue to steral those hot dogs. 99.9999999999999999% isn't good enough....it has to be 100%

- - - Updated - - -

He did it right in front of you, then sat down and you both waited together until police showed up and he never left your sight.

I'm sorry, but you aren't going to win this, since you said 100%, meaning I have literally infinite ammunition in terms of building situations to prove you wrong, or at least make you look incredibly unreasonable when someone is obviously guilty.
    Okay...so I know 100% that he stole that hot dog....but I still can't prove it with 100% certainty. I also can't prove that he'd never stop stealing those hot dogs. I mean, he literally stopped and waited for the cops to arrest him...so he stopped himself from stealing future hot dogs.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-05-13 at 07:06 PM.

You can only prove your point if you can prove, with 100% certainty, that you stole every single one of those hot dogs and, given eternal life, you would continue to steral those hot dogs. 99.9999999999999999% isn't good enough....it has to be 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Okay...so I know 100% that he stole that hot dog....but I still can't prove it with 100% certainty. I also can't prove that he'd never stop stealing those hot dogs.
    Ok you were handcuffed to the hotdog thief and had multiple 8k cinema quality cameras witnessing him take the hotdog. And the person he stole the hotdog from was a monk who took a vow to only tell the truth, so there's no way that he just let the hotdog thief "borrow" the hotdog, and all this took place in front of every member of the jury and the judge has 20/20 vision and amazing hearing. It's an open and just case.

As far as the me me stealing a hotdog a year thing goes, I have 7 months left to work that out so I'll get back to you later on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's neither the most entertaining or the cheapest way to legally execute a human. Try again.
    When did I say I was looking for the cheapest and most entertaining way to kill them? If I wanted cheap and entertaining, I'd have suggested clubbing them with an oversized clown mallet and throwing them in a ball pit grave.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    murder? rape? terrorism? robbery? which do u support death penalty for?
    Premeditated murder with more than one victim. This includes terrorism, obviously.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    When did I say I was looking for the cheapest and most entertaining way to kill them? If I wanted cheap and entertaining, I'd have suggested clubbing them with a an oversized clown mallet and throwing them in a pit.
    Well you said you didn't want to pay for them to live, so I just assumed you'd wanna use the countries cheapest LEGAL method of execution. Hammer pit is fine by me. Might have to do it in international waters though. Or Iraq.