Artifact Authorization issue

Background: been away from SWTOR for quite a while. Decided to head back in as a preferred just to get my feet wet again. Got mirrors of every class, and artifact equipment authorization bought from years ago when I lapsed my subscription.

Issue: I have Imp/Pub mirrors of every shade, so I had them share gear. Account bound items with artifact mods, you know the deal. Well just now, I wanted to head to my Warrior to do some story missions, so I attempted to mail the gear off of my Jedi Knight.

Mind you, my Sith Warrior is the original owner. This is important, because now both my Sith Warrior AND my Jedi Knight apparently require another artifact equip authorization to use that gear I mailed out.

The one that I bought years ago. The one that is still active on every other character I have. And the artifact quality gear that I did not attempt to mail out, is still usable on both characters.

TL;DR:
    Basically mailing Account Bound equipment with artifact quality mods causes that equipment to lose its artifact authorization tag.

My question is this, before I search for a way to get in touch with EA to complain-

is this a bug, or a feature?
    Last edited by King Shark; 2019-05-11 at 10:47 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

From my understanding of what you wrote and the game here is what I think on this.

You should not have a problem as long as you bought the artifact equipment authorization for the entire account. There is the option to buy it for one character or for the entire account as preferred or F2P players.

Depending on what you bought would be if your mirror toons can use it or not.

If you only have one character with artifact equipment authorization and you mail gear to someone that doesn't have it. They cannot equipment that gear. I don't even think they can take the mods out of gear or adjust them at all.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-05-12 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    From my understanding of what you wrote and the game here is what I think on this.

You should not have a problem as long as you bought the artifact equipment authorization for the entire account. There is the option to buy it for one character or for the entire account as preferred or F2P players.

Depending on what you bought would be if your mirror toons can use it or not.

If you only have one character with artifact equipment authorization and you mail gear to someone that doesn't have it. They cannot equipment that gear. I don't even think they can take the mods out of gear or adjust them at all.
    Well that's the problem I'm having, both characters have the authorization already unlocked individually. All my characters can wear them, really. But these two characters specifically were my first and second mains, they both have the unlock for sure.

In fact, they're both still wearing artifact gear on them even now; implants and earpiece, and Cartel items with artifact mods. It's pieces that I had shared between them, that a while ago, I could mail freely with no issue. Now, all of a sudden after mailing this gear, neither of them can wear it.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    When an account goes from subscriber to preferred, toons can continue wearing artifact gear they were already wearing even without the authorization. But if you take that gear off of them you cannot put it back on without either the authorization or the subscription.

If you did indeed use the artifact authorization unlock on those toons at some point then there should be no reason they cannot use the gear. I'd put in a ticket if I were you.
    Alright so nothing changed since I last played. Definitely a bug. I'll do that. Much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    SNIP....
    Now, all of a sudden after mailing this gear, neither of them can wear it.
    Second what Spaceboytg said.

Sounds like it's time to do the ticket thing then. If you have the authorization on both it should be no problem to swap the gear and both use it.