Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    but if you want gold for that, why take the long route and not just farm on retail instead? Farming in Classic is one of the most boring and tedious things ever, I find it hard to imagine anybody would prefer it over farming on retail.
    I prefer farming in Classic over retail because there is a risk of dying to mobs and there is some planning and strategy involved to make it efficient.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2019-05-12 at 10:48 AM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...rt_2_framexml/

Might be interesting to take a look at this, this clearly shows that in the latest alpha build there is no interface button for the ingame store. How do you buy tokens in world of warcraft again?

Seems weird to remove something if you plan to use it .
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-05-12 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Obviously not.

The same amount as retail wow right now, there is no difference.
    What? I mean, don't get me wrong - I don't think there should be a WoW token in classic (Gotta go for the Vanilla experience, right?) But you're insane to think that the WoW token hasn't seriously cut into gold selling profits. I know 4 people that have bought gold in the past (one of them a real life friend, 3 I've met in various guilds/groups in the past 13 years or however long it's been). Out of those 4, 0 of them have bought gold since the WoW token was released. Why pay for gold from a site that could possibly get you banned (even if it's a bit cheaper) instead of buying it legitimately?

A lot of cross-version currency conversions are gonna happen with or without classic getting tokens, I just wonder if blizzard will make it against ToS to cross-version trade. Gold sellers never had Vanilla when debit cards were mainstream like they are now, so the game will definitely have a lot of introduced gold circulating.

I guarantee the majority of epic mounts will be from gold sellers or cross-version currency exchanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    What? I mean, don't get me wrong - I don't think there should be a WoW token in classic (Gotta go for the Vanilla experience, right?) But you're insane to think that the WoW token hasn't seriously cut into gold selling profits. I know 4 people that have bought gold in the past (one of them a real life friend, 3 I've met in various guilds/groups in the past 13 years or however long it's been). Out of those 4, 0 of them have bought gold since the WoW token was released. Why pay for gold from a site that could possibly get you banned (even if it's a bit cheaper) instead of buying it legitimately?
    No one talked about profit tho, the same sellers that existed since forever are still there. The token reduced the amount of people buying on 3rd Party sites, that's all. Obviously few people are buying gold there anymore, since the price is mostly the same. But the amount of sellers is still the same, it's still a profit for the sellers, but not that high.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2019-05-12 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    While average retail player might be interested in trading for gold on Classic servers, for general Classic population gold on retail is completely useless. Sure, you might argue that some would like to exchange retail gold for battlenet balance.... but if you want gold for that, why take the long route and not just farm on retail instead?
    The route is not necessarily longer or shorter, since the conversion rates matter. Supply and demand will dictate how much retail gold you can get for your classic coins.

That said, I guarantee you that it will unfold exactly like this if Blizzard won't sanction crosstrades:

Tradechat will be flooded with "WTB classic gold for retail gold" messages.
    Classic players will mostly be interested in a retail gold amount high enough to instantly buy a Token, since as you said, an amount below that is useless for pure classic players.
    The min. amount of retail gold you have to offer will stay the same (the cost of a token, which may vary) while the amount of classic gold one has to pay will likely increase as classic wow progresses and more people start to generate more gold through maxlevel content. But in the end supply and demand will dictate the prices.

Farming in Classic is one of the most boring and tedious things ever, I find it hard to imagine anybody would prefer it over farming on retail.

Now, why would people farm gold in classic?

1. People want to play classic, not retail (shocking, I know^^). Fishing in the Barrens while chatting with the guild might be more fun for some than doing... whatever people do in BFA.

2. In order to farm gold effectively in retail you often need to buy the latest expansion (since Blizzard regularly nerfs old goldfarming methods). I'm not up to date how people farm gold in retail at the moment, but in my experience the most lucrative methods (outside of playing the AH) often need access to max level content. And even if they don't, they could at any time due to Blizzard tinkering with the game.
    Classic-only players obviously don't want to buy an expansion just to farm gold.

3. Classic has dozens of ways to generate income. Knowledge is money, and a classic player usually has that knowledge. You know what to farm, what to fish, what to craft, what people need at certain progression points in the game. Maybe you even progressed so far that you and your guild can sell boosts for gold. In other words, classic is your world and you are familiar with the rules of the economy.

I guess if you play both games you can decide what works best for you, but honestly, I can't see that happen on a large scale.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2019-05-12 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Will there be a WoW token? Or will there just be completely insane amount of gold sellers... like I mean an insane amount. Have they stated yet if the token will be in the game?

Do you really bother ask this question?? I mean, Do you even played vanilla before? There were no token till mop time it was introduced (plz correct me right) Gold sellers will always be a thing and always be there forever again. There's no avoiding them, just report and move on. IF blizzard decides a stupid move to put token in wow vanilla then basically golds are worthless and game ded very fast. Expect alot bots gonna be there taking over area to prevent u farming. That mean... motherfucking kill them again again or report them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Where did I write that it creates it? What I wrote is that gold is too much of power in Classic thus if you pay with real money for it just like that you buy power - pay 2 win game.
    You can pay for gold in vanilla. Many did. And as I explained it is not pay to win as everything buying a token does is available from efficient farming or smart AHing. Pay to win is when you can pay for something that is not available through regular play.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Are you still here?
    clever. maybe next you can pull an "i know you are but what am i" or, to give you some options, how about some "im rubber, youre glue. whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!"

i guess this discussion is over, considering you cant come up with anything that isnt bullshit, or you not understanding words. have a day.

wow token is terrible, it wont be in classic, and it shouldnt be in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    You can pay for gold in vanilla. Many did. And as I explained it is not pay to win as everything buying a token does is available from efficient farming or smart AHing. Pay to win is when you can pay for something that is not available through regular play.
    Again. They did and risked getting banned or losing that gold (knew few who got so). Such behavior was not encouraged by Blizzard through WoW Token either - some tried to go over the system at risk of losing gold and being out of play for some time. If Blizzard were to provide token to players for IRL money (and yes, I know how it works exactly) then you could have any scrub get everything in that game with RL money easily and that would officially make that game part of P2W.
    There werent (and wont be) that many smart AH players or efficient farmers (good luck with Classic, you should remember that it was not that retardly easy as it is now, or you forgot, or were not part of it). You cannot enable and encourage so easily someone who wont put any effort in playing smart (either buy earning the high amounts of gold on his own, or getting gear/raid on his pace).
    Also, right now it wont be that easy with "acc hacked" and bots like it was in the past. Sure, there will always be some people who will bypass this (through discords n shit and boost for irl cash, but thats not the part of this discussion).

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Again. They did and risked getting banned or losing that gold (knew few who got so). Such behavior was not encouraged by Blizzard through WoW Token either - some tried to go over the system at risk of losing gold and being out of play for some time. If Blizzard were to provide token to players for IRL money (and yes, I know how it works exactly) then you could have any scrub get everything in that game with RL money easily and that would officially make that game part of P2W.
    There werent (and wont be) that many smart AH players or efficient farmers (good luck with Classic, you should remember that it was not that retardly easy as it is now, or you forgot, or were not part of it). You cannot enable and encourage so easily someone who wont put any effort in playing smart (either buy earning the high amounts of gold on his own, or getting gear/raid on his pace).
    Also, right now it wont be that easy with "acc hacked" and bots like it was in the past. Sure, there will always be some people who will bypass this (through discords n shit and boost for irl cash, but thats not the part of this discussion).
    I was part of it, I was in Deus Vox world top 5 guild for AQ40 and Naxx. There was atleast 20 gold buyers in the guild, we had no one get banned for buying gold, at one point we had 2 gold farmers in the guild that we would take to BWL so we got a discount on purchases and got mats at discounted rates. We joint tested Naxx with Vodka and they had just about as many RL money buyers. There were 4 or 5 of us in DV that played the AH very well. I was able to get max gold on multiple characters and farming as a warlock was a joke when I was bored. Go to Dire Maul elemental side and fear/banish juggle mobs until they die. Collect books and reset. I would get 250-1000g an hour depending on drops(get a Quel book or some other BOE epic and you were set), If I went with a hunter friend we could do it significantly faster. The other farm I would do was solo run BRD to get the enchant pieces and sell enchant or for BOE from the fire elemental. You still are wrongly calling it pay to win as it is not providing an unobtainable advantage to someone through money.

I have a huge list of things we did to make money and it was easy. I made 1000's off of summoning people to get their MC attunement done. 25-50g a pop and it was a joke to do. Once you got in there you could just have someone go to IF and spam selling attunement runs, get gold, invite to party and summon in. I once did 125 in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    A more relevant question is, are you ok with gold trading between Classic amd retail? Because it most likely will happen, and it's ok to trade between games within Battle.net according to the rules.
    It is irrelevant how you pay the supplier of your gold. I'd just advise people to go the safest route for the transaction, and if they can find a party willing to accept retail WoW gold as payment, that seems pretty safe.

Not going to play that crappy game called modern WoW to buy the WoW token to play classic for free.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    I'm confused... if I pay a gold seller $20 for 100g, how is this any different than if I sell a $20 WoW Token on the AH for 100g?

I mean, in the first scenario there's a chance I get scammed, I suppose. Functionally though, they are identical in every other way.
    The question is; do you want Blizzard focusing on making an adventure for you after you pay your 15 dollars a month or do you want them trying to find a way to monetize every little mob/npc/location in the game to try to force you into paying for that token. One direction is immersion and adventure and the other is playing a game that is constantly reminding you of what you should buy to "win" the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    For the love of the Eternal Sun, I can only hope that there will be no tokens in Classic. The moment they are introduced is the moment I leave WoW for good... I already quit retail, and I'm ready to do the same on Classic if Blizzard proves to be untrustworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    The token doesn’t create gold, just reallocates it. It wouldn’t cause inflation. Order hall missions that create thousands of gold worth of rewards per day creates inflation.
    Here you are wrong: WoW-Token does NOT work this way! It can actually create or remove gold from the system; and especially in vanilla that's much of an issue:

For example: You Buy a WoW-Token and decide to sell it. The system pays you 100 gold for it. Now nobody is selling it, the price goes down. Then at 70 gold somebody buys tokens. With this, the system actually created 30 gold. This is much in vanilla. Maybe 1 transaction might not break the economy, but think what happen if this happens to around 10.000 tokens. Also tokens are cross-realm-feature. Because of this, one realm could actually drain the gold of the other realms, causing there a big inflation to happen.

Nope, WoW-Tokens are a retail-feature; because it would destroy the economy in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    For the love of the Eternal Sun, I can only hope that there will be no tokens in Classic. The moment they are introduced is the moment I leave WoW for good... I already quit retail, and I'm ready to do the same on Classic if Blizzard proves to be untrustworthy.
    Of course it wont be, ive tried explaining to people in this thread why it wont happen but it seems they do not care, they want to talk about stuff that isnt even relevant to the conversation lol.

Trust me it wont happen, at least not for many years.

If the games share a subscription, there either will be or it'll get polled down the line due to players simply trust-trading between games the way they do between factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If the games share a subscription, there either will be or it'll get polled down the line due to players simply trust-trading between games the way they do between factions.
    How many people that farm hardcore in classic for gold would be willing to trade that for retail gold which is much easier to come by and you can purchase direct from blizzard lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Here you are wrong: WoW-Token does NOT work this way! It can actually create or remove gold from the system; and especially in vanilla that's much of an issue:

For example: You Buy a WoW-Token and decide to sell it. The system pays you 100 gold for it. Now nobody is selling it, the price goes down. Then at 70 gold somebody buys tokens. With this, the system actually created 30 gold. This is much in vanilla. Maybe 1 transaction might not break the economy, but think what happen if this happens to around 10.000 tokens. Also tokens are cross-realm-feature. Because of this, one realm could actually drain the gold of the other realms, causing there a big inflation to happen.

Nope, WoW-Tokens are a retail-feature; because it would destroy the economy in classic.
    And the exact opposite happens If demand goes Up.