Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    Here, I'll start.

- - - Updated - - -

If "my data is there", then you admit men are, indeed, disproportionally violent. Why shouldn't a woman be wary then? To spare your feelings?
    From your link:

2017 estimated population 253,634,894
    Male 6,016,739

So 4.7% of the male population was arrested in relation to a crime. (Let's discount the fact that arrest doesn't equal guilty, shall we? Also, what you linked isn't even only violent crimes, but I don't feel like doing the math, so we'll give you the full count)

As long as you're arguing that women should be wary 5% of the time, I agree with you. Just because violent crimes are more likely to be committed by men, doesn't mean you should be afraid of men, because the VAST majority of men aren't violent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

I see. I'm gonna assume I'm talking to a public who doesn't believe violence against women is a widespread social issue, am I right?

In this case, respond to me honestly:

How many of you would like to trade? How many of you would prefer to be women?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    From your link:

2017 estimated population 253,634,894
    Male 6,016,739

So 4.7% of the male population was arrested in relation to a crime. (Let's discount the fact that arrest doesn't equal guilty, shall we? Also, what you linked isn't even only violent crimes, but I don't feel like doing the math, so we'll give you the full count)

As long as you're arguing that women should be wary 5% of the time, I agree with you. Just because violent crimes are more likely to be committed by men, doesn't mean you should be afraid of men, because the VAST majority of men aren't violent.
    If I show you a gun and tell you there is only a 5% chance that it is loaded, will you agree to let me put it against your head and pull the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    That's what I've been teaching my children, to pick up on social cues. No means no. Not interested means not interested.

Hopefully they'll remember the lessons I've taught them.

My wife is a salesperson who goes to homes after making appointments. She always feels worried. It makes me feel very sad. Even one time I've had to go with her to the place and wait in the car because she was worried about getting mugged/raped.
    Statistically speaking, assuming you live in the USA, in that situation you were the more likely one to get mugged/murdered than her. Men are 3x more likely to be the victim of a violent crime in America than woman are. When accounting for violent crimes against a stranger or acquaintance men are 11x more likely to be the victim of violent crime.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    I personally find it rather sad people start to become so distant out in the public even coming from culture where this was/is the norm. I blame the smart phones. I can't believe people don't bother looking at anything around them while walking because of those shits. No thanks I'll keep my dumb phone for the forseeable future.
    NOTHING to do with smartphones. I've been bothered while trying to read a physical book, before smartphones were a thing and easy acess to internet was common. do you want to be social all the time? like 100% of the time you are outside? do you want to be bothered when you had a difficult day at work and just trying to decompress on a way back home? because, yes at that point its a bother. just becasue someone doesn't want to engage in a random pointless conversation/ wasting their time fending off flirtation they are not interested in - doesn't mean they are distant or antisocial. you are NOT entitled to someone else's time on YOUR whim, just because YOU wanted to talk to them.

Oh, so all the murders and larceny are just "underreported" when there's a female perpetrator too?

Are you honestly afraid of getting attacked by a woman if you reject her sexual advances? Or are you just playing devil's advocate?
    Murders? I don't know about underreported, but they sure as fuck get shorter sentences, assuming they are even found guilty at all.

As for rejecting a woman's sexual advances? I don't know about getting attacked, though women do often use weapons when they get violent, and even a physically weak woman can do some serious damage with a well placed knife. But no, I probably wouldn't fear that I will be attacked. Accused of some bullshit in revenge? Sure as hell.

What you seem to ignore, is that men get rejected dozens, hundreds, and in some more extreme cases, even thousands of times in their life. They have a lot of practice, so most will usually learn how to handle it. Women on the other hand? There are a lot of women who have never, not once, been rejected. Can you imagine what it does to a person's ego? And when it finally happens...many handle it even worse than the worst men. Some will react in stunned disbelief. Many will accuse you of being gay. But some WILL get angry. In some of those cases it may get physical. In others, their ego may get hurt so much, that they will decide to destroy your entire life. And in our Brave New World of #Metoo and #BelieveHer and other beautiful hashtags, all it takes to destroy your entire life, is one single word from her.

The difference, my friend, is that when women leave an abusive S.O., that's when he kills her. Women don't kill men who leave.

Also, "men will never hit back" is utter bullshit. Men hit women all the time. What reality do you live in?
    Right. That sounds like "Every woman who ever left an abusive relationship got killed". Wonder where all those women who are openly talking about the abusive relationships they left are coming from then. And women never killing men? We're still talking about abusive relationships, correct? Because abusive women certainly do kill men who try to leave. Not to mention, men commiting suicide to leave abusive relationship are a thing as well.

And yes, I'm sure abusive assholes do hit women, and do hit back as well when women hit them. I probably should've clarified that I was talking about "loving" men, who are so blinded/pussy-whipped that they would rather die than hit back. And sadly, there are way too many of those...
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm assuming the target audience for this rant is men who can't take no as an answer.
    From the way it's phrased, looks like this is literally directed to "men everywhere".

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I haven't had any men get violent with me (outside of professional settings of course). I have had a random guy get super mad and yell at me for like casually turning him down. I wouldn't be so much afraid of guys getting physical, because I can destroy almost any guy in a physical confrontation, but I am still occasionally wary of guys. I've been drugged at a club before, and fortunately, I was with a bunch of friends who knew something had happened and got me home. There's also the constant threat of weaboo dudes finding out I'm technically Japanese and just annoying me to death.
    Shall I wow you with my Japanese language skills that I learned specifically to watch anime in its original language and because I have a Japanese fetish? *tips fedora with my katana*

(I kid—I don’t speak any Japanese, don’t watch anime, nor have a Japanese fetish.)

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    This brings up an interesting question: does this mean women should be wary of men 5% of the time, or 5% wary of men 100% of the time? In other words, how does work out in a behavioral, on-the-ground sense?

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    I personally find it rather sad people start to become so distant out in the public even coming from culture where this was/is the norm. I blame the smart phones. I can't believe people don't bother looking at anything around them while walking because of those shits. No thanks I'll keep my dumb phone for the forseeable future.
    Listening to music with headphones and reading a book doesn't require a smart phone. Headphones have been readily available since the 80s and books....well, let's just say they've been around a little bit longer than that...

People just wanting to be left alone isn't some new millennial trend.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman1 View Post
    If you live in America, you should. When a woman does not respond, why do men pursue them? THey see them as objects. Freaking lunatics. I hope they die.
    I’m guessing this happens more in European countries that have a strong streak of machismo—Spain, Italy, Greece ...

As others said, the assumption that a ''complete stranger'' who gives very strong non verbal cues that she does not wish to be disturbed is

A)entitled
    B)have social problems
    C)variations of feminazis
    D)playing hard to catch

is very, very, very wrong. It does show the attitude that was mocked in the OP, the assumption by many men that no woman they find attractive can be just not interested into them-''she is a whore wanting a millionaire'' ''she is a feminazi'' ''like Khal Drogo thinking that women crying ''Noooo ! Nooo !'' is a sign they are turned on , her telling me ''move away creeep'' means in fact ''stalk me home and I will open my legs for you, migthy stallion''

If I show you a gun and tell you there is only a 5% chance that it is loaded, will you agree to let me put it against your head and pull the trigger?
    How do these ideas apply to demographics other than 'male' that commit a 'disproportionate' amount of violent crime? I assume from your posts that you aren't right-wing...

I see. I'm gonna assume I'm talking to a public who doesn't believe violence against women is a widespread social issue, am I right?
    Widespread as in common? No, I don't believe that.

In this case, respond to me honestly:

How many of you would like to trade? How many of you would prefer to be women?
    Depends on how attractive I get to become.

Comparing a gun to all man. Wow...

Women commit crimes as well. So I guess we can use that shit analogy against you, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    From the way it's phrased, looks like this is literally directed to "men everywhere".
    People that don't need to be told that someone who has their head down in a book and listening to music on their headphones might not want to be disturbed can safely ignore the PSA.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    Yes darn those phones for people just wanting to be left alone in public! Darned phones making everyone distant and reading books... oh wait..

Seriously I wouldn't want to be bothered by random strangers when reading a book somewhere in public. I'd say it's common sense and rather a clear image someone does not want to deal with random banter at the moment.
    Well what I said doesn't really apply to the OP case true. I'm just seeing that people have more withdrawn mentally now. I totally agree you shouldn't interrupt people reading books, but I just find it sad to see people can't be bothered to do any social interraction. By no means I like one myself. I like spending alone most of the time, but when I do go out in public it's always nice to have little interraction. On the other hand I can sort of understand getting lot of unwanted attention. No one really bothers me when I'm out.

Hmm my idea is more: like don't interrupt people when they are clearly busy, e.g. reading a book, but don't go too overboard in avoiding social interraction when out in the public. It might be annoying so tell them to leave, most reasonable people will understand and well assholes are gonna be assholes regardless and no matter what we say they are always going to be bother they are.

All I got from that post is "VIRTUE...VIRTUE...LOOK AT ME I'M SO VIRTUOUS!! NOTICE ME, OH PLEASE NOTICE ME!!!"

If I see a lady that interests me I'll approach them. If she's not interested she'll either tell me outright or hint at it and I'll move on. This reads like an actual beta male article you hear about but never expect to actually see.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Soooooo

We’re not allowed to talk to women? I tend to ask women out especially during dull moments with nothing to do like buses and planes.

If she said no, that’s where i stop
    Almost all men stop at that point. Even those "I walk for 20 hours through X city" videos show that men typically don't pursue. It's the tiny minority that's the problem, and we can say the same thing against women(that the tiny minority of them are crazy or violent).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    How do these ideas apply to demographics other than 'male' that commit a 'disproportionate' amount of violent crime? I assume from your posts that you aren't right-wing...
    He's a bad faith poster, just ignore him and move along.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    is very, very, very wrong. It does show the attitude that was mocked in the OP, the assumption by many men that no woman they find attractive can be just not interested into them-''she is a whore wanting a millionaire'' ''she is a feminazi'' ''like Khal Drogo thinking that women crying ''Noooo ! Nooo !'' is a sign they are turned on , her telling me ''move away creeep'' means in fact ''stalk me home and I will open my legs for you, migthy stallion''
    The OP is actually closer to some traditionalist sense of gender segregation. The claim they make is that all men who approach all women are wrong to do so and need to stay away because they're automatically creeps. This is a pretty surprisingly old-fashioned take on male sexuality and its relation to women.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Shall I wow you with my Japanese language skills that I learned specifically to watch anime in its original language and because I have a Japanese fetish? *tips fedora with my katana*

(I kid—I don’t speak any Japanese, don’t watch anime, nor have a Japanese fetish.)
    I don't speak any Japanese either. I know nothing about Japan. I'm probably not ethnically Japanese at all either (I'm betting on Malay or Thai or Filipina).