10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Its not just D&D though. Lots of people go into making that show. There are and were budgeting concerns as well.
    Pretty sure the article that the person you quoted is referring to also stated HBO was willing to give them more money, for more seasons and more episode per season but D&D refused and said 13 is enough for the last two seasons.

There was never any mention of budget concerns from what I've read.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    Pretty sure the article that the person you quoted is referring to also stated HBO was willing to give them more money, for more seasons and more episode per season but D&D refused and said 13 is enough for the last two seasons.

There was never any mention of budget concerns from what I've read.
    There were always budget concerns. Its limited the use of dragons and dire wolves. Hell, a whole battle wasn't even filmed because of budget.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Nothing better sums up my feeling about this season. I masterpiece ruined by shoddy work and greed

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    No shit. The point is, the Kings Landing bells meaning surrender is another retcon.
    Maybe add some context. I thought you were implying she didn't know they were surrendering.

- - - Updated - - -

Many of the central actors would have aged out at that point.
    I don't think it would've been that much time. I think the biggest problem would be the central actors being available by the time production would hypothetically continue.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Lolwut. The whole point was that the Lannister forces would ring them if they wanted to surrender. How could they do that if they don’t know they mean surrender?

The fucking bells have literally never meant surrender in the history of the series until this moment. It doesn’t make sense. The people of King’s landing would have no way of knowing.
    You're missing the point. The purpose of the bells in this situation, as told by Tyrion twice, meant that Dany's forces would stop attacking, regardless of whether it actually meant the Lannister forces were surrendering. The point was to prevent the needless deaths of the innocents in the city that would be caused by Dany's forces advancing or Dany and Drogon obliterating everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did the people in King's Landed scream to "ring the bell" then though?
    Kintama no kami aru

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You're missing the point. The purpose of the bells in this situation, as told by Tyrion twice, meant that Dany's forces would stop attacking, regardless of whether it actually meant the Lannister forces were surrendering. The point was to prevent the needless deaths of the innocents in the city that would be caused by Dany's forces advancing or Dany and Drogon obliterating everything.
    No you’re missing the point. It’s been established by the series that the bells don’t actually mean that so their purpose makes no sense and is simply more bad writing by D&D.

Little known Game of Thrones Trivia: Anita Ward is extremely popular in King's Landing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I suppose the Iron Throne is now the Rubble Throne... Not too sure what to make of Ep 5 to be honest.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Many of the central actors would have aged out at that point.

No, no I'm not. Time is an actual thing and it isn't a contract I invented.

Its not just D&D though. Lots of people go into making that show. There are and were budgeting concerns as well.
    No, HBO offered them more time, they refused and decided to rush, it's all on them

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I just kept hoping Arya would survive. I was sure when she turned to face the camera half her face would be burnt, don't ask me why.
    Had the EXACT same thought, because of her chat with Sandor earlier in the episode and they lingered the camera on the other half of her face for agessssssssssssssss.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Are you forgetting before the battle at dragonstone, she talks about building a new kingdom w/ future houses etc? In her mind she's already convinced herself that she needs to start new. Her advisers were trying to convince her to take it slow and to gain the peoples trust, but she just wants a clean slate. Killing all the people is a good way to have a clean slate.
    I'm not forgetting. I'm not buying that the woman who spent seasons freeing slaves wherever she went and locked her children up for burning one innocent child suddenly decided that she deemed millions of people unworthy and must be purged by fire.

Normally, the descent to madness would be built over time. What we got was 'she hasn't eaten and spoke to anyone for days' in between episodes, and Varys has done something worthy of him being ratted out by his best friend in Tyrion and executed because we need to rush this along for some reason.

Good Lord how the mighty have fallen. rip writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dany kills Tyrion or sentences him.

Jon writes to Sansa about what happened, and is scared shitless. Not as in afraid to die but he sees his roll in getting Dany to the throne and can't stand for it now. He also knows that means fighting her and her army with the possibility of him having to rule.

Arya wants Dany dead. Sansa will want Dany dead. Davos cannot live with the prospect of a tyrant like Dany on the throne.

Sansa gets on phone with the Veil and Free Folk and like, "SHE HAS Jon!" They teleport to KL.

Jon or Sansa, whoever inspire deceit and rebellion to Lord's coming to bend the knee to Dany. A battle breaks out, the final battle for the throne.

Dany burns up a lot of people but can't win the ground war without sacrifing her own men

Bronn gets a lucky shot on Drogon and grounds the dragon, the battle is now completely in the streets.

The fight gets to the stairs of whatever building Dany didn't destroy. The Unsalid and magical Dothraki pop up like WH4K Orcz shield Dany and Jon's army draws closer. Jon's army gets their ass kicked because Danys is more experienced. Arya sneaks behind Dany but is stopped. Grey Worm has Arya at the blade.

Jon pleads to Dany, he will submit if Arya is spared. Dany agrees, fighting stops as Jon approaches Dany to bend the knee. Right as he goes down he stabs her. Danys guards stab Jon but it's too late, Dany has been mortally wounded. Dany does saying come cliche nonsense about finally getting the throne or something. Jon gets his cliche 'rest after a final dead'. Without their queen, the Esso boys sue for peace. The pledge to return to Essos and never return.

With most major houses gone or in shambles the North gets the say in who sits on the throne. They choose Sansa without objection (even though I don't think Sansa would want but...writing has us in a corner). Sansa becomes Queen, Bran occupies the North, Brienne is the Hand.

The end.

Oh and Yara joins the fight against Dany, inheriting then role of the Iron Fleet.

None of this will happen though. GOT is weak. Dany stops mad and lives on to start a reign akin to her ancestors.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    There are and were budgeting concerns as well.
    Game of Thrones is the biggest money maker they have. They turn a profit on the show and more seasons would mean making more money, not less.

It's not like they couldn't have kept the show going indefinitely if they wanted to. They're producing multiple spinoffs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Game of Thrones is the biggest money maker they have. They turn a profit on the show and more seasons would mean making more money, not less.

It's not like they couldn't have kept the show going indefinitely if they wanted to. They're producing multiple spinoffs right now.
    D&D let their success get in their head and thought they could finish the story in 2 seasons.

They were wrong.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    D&D let their success get in their head and thought they could finish the story in 2 seasons.

They were wrong.
    Pretty much and we know what's next..

Kintama no kami aru

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    She literally locked up her children for killing ONE child.
    Don't tell me this was coming and we weren't paying attention.
    Argument might hold more weight if they were still locked up. They killed thousands of people since then.

Even within the consideration of the war, she was using a horrific method of killing (burning to death) to murder thousands of soldiers who were simply serving their lords because they were obligated to do so.

I mean, what, are you so naive as to think that all the Lannister forces were evil just because they wore red and gold? As if they had any more choice in their allegiance than the Stark soldiers did.

The nobles play their game of thrones and the commoners pay the price. If this story were told from the perspective of a random Lannister soldier whose friends were butchered by Dothraki and burned by dragons and then died on the fields of fire at the age of 27, guess what? Dany would be the villain of the story.

And are these people supposed to just trust a foreign queen who comes to Westeros with barbarians, emotionless mercenaries, and dragons? Trust that her intentions are pure and that she only wants the throne because she wants to be just and fair? Even though she spent eight seasons talking about her destiny, her right. Talking about bringing fire and blood to her enemies, burning cities, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Now Danyfans know how Stannisbros felt.
    Not even remotely fucking close.

Stannis in the show may have been a completely different character from Stannis from the books, but his actions ON THE SHOW were consistent. Him burning shireen was something he'd totally do. This was the guy who spawned a shadow demon out of his mistress's cunt to kill his own brother in cold blood, and who was happily burning innocent men across his holding to cater to the whims of the witch that whispered in his ears. So we saw him do a lot of ugly and underhanded shit that showed us that yes, this is not a good man, and he would actually burn his own daughter if he thought he had to.

Danny on the other hand, locked away her dragons (Who for her are basically her children) when one of them burned an innocent baby girl to a crisp. And crucified 160+ slavers when she saw them crucifying children. That's not a woman who would then, for no other reason than "Because I can", would choose to torch an entire city, top to bottom, after she had already won and had gotten what she wanted out of it. It doesn't fit her character.

We saw Stannis's slow fall into madness and darkness. With Danny, she literally was a hero and a female icon one day, then worse than hitler the next day.

Apples to oranges.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    No, HBO offered them more time, they refused and decided to rush, it's all on them
    I addressed this already, regardless, you're butthurt, nothing will placate you. You wanted the story to go differently, so you will find everything you can to harp on and nothing will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

I mean the budgeting concerns are real and have a part of the show since day one. They've been well documented too.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this has been foreshadowed since like season 2, when Dany had that weird vision thing.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown