Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    People that don't need to be told that someone who has their head down in a book and listening to music on their headphones might not want to be disturbed can safely ignore the PSA.
    The PSA doesn't include the 'head down in a book' necessarily. Even so, approaching a woman in that state is completely fine. People want to meet others, even when they're reading a book and listening to music. Maybe the guy likes the book she's reading, maybe it's the start of a connection. We can't assume all women are anti-social. When she rebuffs your approach, that's when you respectfully leave.

ivan coyote is a dip shit. thats all i got from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Listening to music with headphones and reading a book doesn't require a smart phone. Headphones have been readily available since the 80s and books....well, let's just say they've been around a little bit longer than that...

People just wanting to be left alone isn't some new millennial trend.
    It's not new, but I've never seen something so distracting as it is nowadays. Saw someone riding a bicycle while holding a phone without looking ahead, almost crashed into her. It's a miracle they don't cause traffic accidents. People should at least pay attention to traffic/ other people on street.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    And you expect people that dont know you to be able to differentiate between how you look and a Laotian, Cambodian, or Malaysian? That would be like expecting you to know by sight the difference in a Swede, a Dane, a Norwegian, and a Finn.
    So, then it's because she's Asian. That's not really any better. Did you even think before hitting submit reply?

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    From your link:

2017 estimated population 253,634,894
    Male 6,016,739

So 4.7% of the male population was arrested in relation to a crime. (Let's discount the fact that arrest doesn't equal guilty, shall we? Also, what you linked isn't even only violent crimes, but I don't feel like doing the math, so we'll give you the full count)

As long as you're arguing that women should be wary 5% of the time, I agree with you. Just because violent crimes are more likely to be committed by men, doesn't mean you should be afraid of men, because the VAST majority of men aren't violent.
    I mean this is a bad leap of logic. It seems like you are asserting that 1 out of 20 times you meet men they commit a crime on you, which is horrendously wrong. It's more likely 1 in 1,000,000,000.

The point he is trying to make is that since men and blacks disproportionately commit crimes, you should be afraid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    All I got from that post is "VIRTUE...VIRTUE...LOOK AT ME I'M SO VIRTUOUS!! NOTICE ME, OH PLEASE NOTICE ME!!!"

If I see a lady that interests me I'll approach them. If she's not interested she'll either tell me outright or hint at it and I'll move on. This reads like an actual beta male article you hear about but never expect to actually see.
    Nah someone people stalk and follow booth men and women even resorting to violence.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Came across this... piece... and Im going to hold off my own personal opinions on it.

I have hit on women and been rejected. I've never felt angry or turned violent. In fact, Its a humbling experience connecting with someone, all the planets align together, I take my shot AND.......... BOOM! Rejected.

I have landed dates and I have passed on dates. Been on every side of the spectrum and I have yet to feel angry, anxious or turn violent.

But thats JUST me, so im asking if anyone has experienced this OR know someone who has and would like your thoughts on this.

The guy who made this post is a loser trying to make himself look good for women by looking like a moron to other men. Some men already know this so its useless, the men who don't know this won't be convinced by this douche so it's a worthless cry for attention.

Personally, I don't ask women out unless I feel my chance for success is VERY high... I have only heard not interested once... because I don't try with some random. However, like I already said, some guys feel if you ask 100 random girls and get 99 No and one Yes it was all worth it. Never seen someone get violent from a no... and this guy CERTAINLY isn't convincing that guy otherwise.

I love how one sided this shit is. Women are just as violent as men are, but you don't see anyone bashing them, in fact you still see them bashing the man for being "weak". This is the problem with society in a nutshell.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I haven't had any men get violent with me (outside of professional settings of course). I have had a random guy get super mad and yell at me for like casually turning him down. I wouldn't be so much afraid of guys getting physical, because I can destroy almost any guy in a physical confrontation, but I am still occasionally wary of guys. I've been drugged at a club before, and fortunately, I was with a bunch of friends who knew something had happened and got me home. There's also the constant threat of weaboo dudes finding out I'm technically Japanese and just annoying me to death.
    Haha, so the biggest threat for you are desperate harcore-weaboos who'd settle for "technically japanese" while also being into self-proclaimed tsun-tsun (did I do that right?) muder-machines? You must be living in constant fear. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    The guy who made this post is a loser trying to make himself look good for women by looking like a moron to other men. Some men already know this so its useless, the men who don't know this won't be convinced by this douche so it's a worthless cry for attention.

Personally, I don't ask women out unless I feel my chance for success is VERY high... I have only heard not interested once... because I don't try with some random. However, like I already said, some guys feel if you ask 100 random girls and get 99 No and one Yes it was all worth it. Never seen someone get violent from a no... and this guy CERTAINLY isn't convincing that guy otherwise.
    This is the thing I don't get. Obviously this PSA is just a virtue signal as a male feminist (can we start the timer for this guy ending up in a sex harassment scandal?), but even if we take his post as genuine, the guys who don't take no for an answer... they're just expected to take this guy's word for it? Ivan Coyote thinks he can convince these men who get violent from getting rejected by a girl by moralizing them over a Tweet.

Came across this... piece... and Im going to hold off my own personal opinions on it.

I have hit on women and been rejected. I've never felt angry or turned violent. In fact, Its a humbling experience connecting with someone, all the planets align together, I take my shot AND.......... BOOM! Rejected.

I have landed dates and I have passed on dates. Been on every side of the spectrum and I have yet to feel angry, anxious or turn violent.

But thats JUST me, so im asking if anyone has experienced this OR know someone who has and would like your thoughts on this.
    I don't get violent, not sure why anyone would. But I also don't interact with women at all unless they approach me first. Which never happens unless they're asking for directions.

Also, half of that post is bullshit. Then again, it's twitter, so par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I love how one sided this shit is. Women are just as violent as men are, but you don't see anyone bashing them, in fact you still see them bashing the man for being "weak". This is the problem with society in a nutshell.
    What do you mean "just as violent"? There are consistent differences in violence rates and methods taken between women and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Haha, so the biggest threat for you are desperate harcore-weaboos who'd settle for "technically japanese" while also being into self-proclaimed tsun-tsun (did I do that right?) muder-machines? You must be living in constant fear. :P
    I'm a retired pro fighter. I have no idea what that means, but I have had weaboos actually try to speak Japanese to me in what i assume is something to get my interest.

Men do you get violent
    Nah, when I'm in the mood to do that kind of thing I usually do it in volume. I'll approach at least 10 women in a given venue.

lol getting rejected means nothing to me, I wish I got rejected faster so I can move on. Don't be nice, just say no soon as I walk up lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'm a retired pro fighter. I have no idea what that means, but I have had weaboos actually try to speak Japanese to me in what i assume is something to get my interest.
    I was just joking because of the "technically" part, as that made it sound like you don't look like it at all, and it's only in one of these online ancestry tests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Understanding social etiquette and interaction is the only thing the OP or this thread brings to mind. You either have it or oblige to learn it, or you don't.

A lot of human beings don't these days. Get off the internet/social media.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    It's not new, but I've never seen something so distracting as it is nowadays. Saw someone riding a bicycle while holding a phone without looking ahead, almost crashed into her. It's a miracle they don't cause traffic accidents. People should at least pay attention to traffic/ other people on street.
    that is a COMPLETELY different situation. when a person is sitting at a bus stop or inside a public transport, the only thing they really need be paying attention to is driver announcements. you know not to miss the bus, or their stop. safety concern is not even remotely the same as having to engage in social interactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Having seen how she looks, it's quite clear she's Thai.
    Given that you 1) aren't a Swede, and 2) that you have advance knowledge of her nationality then one can reasonable see that you cant be used as a source.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The persons rant is kind of bonkers, ultimately nobody sends absolutely clear signals of when we want to talk or not talk to someone unless they look clearly annoyed.

I've never feared for my life in rejecting a guy, I only felt intimidated once and it was mainly the dude was a beast in terms of strength and very aggressive at a party. I got out of there with some help, but it was the only time I legitimately felt like I might get raped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Regardless if it's a female or male, if someone has headphones in and their nose in a phone / book, that's a very clear sign to me that they want to be left alone.

I have no problems striking up chats with strangers, but I'm going to respect someone's non-verbal cues that they don't want to be approached.

I know when I have my headphones in I do not want to be disturbed - at all!
    Here is something to believe in!