Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you really think that classic will save the game?

Classic is a 15 years old game, it's completely outdated both graphic, lore and game wise. They basically ask for the people to do a bunch of whores within areas that are considered a joke now. I wonder how many will grind the ogres in burning steppes from 52 to 54(I think?) until they can get quests from western/eastern plaguelands.

Why not focus at improving every aspect of current wow instead of going back to classic?

Cmon blizzard, you are supposed to be a big company, this shouldn't be rocket science for you

1. Bring back the communities and wall off the servers
    2. Improve your art (weapons, raids and sets suck!!)
    3. Throw something big into the lore and the game (an emberscar sword legendary would be great!)
    4. Make the raids less accessible and harder to see the lore
    5. Throw mogs into a trashbin so that the people would be forced to farm the new gear in order to look cool

It takes courage and decisiveness but wow can be saved, it doesn't have to go back into vanilla in order to do so.

You basically described vanilla

Absolutely. And hopefully it will show the current team where they went wrong with some aspects of the game. Most notably the removal of a lot of RPG aspects just for "convenience". Because WoW right now can barely be called an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    You basically described vanilla
    Exactly but they can change the current game to resemble vanilla.

Maybe Classic will show the devs the game works better with a more complex system and not scrapping every feature they work hard in every expansion and just keep working and make it better
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Maybe Classic will show the devs the game works better with a more complex system and not scrapping every feature they work hard in every expansion and just keep working and make it better
    Tbh, WoW needs a massive change at this point. After the failure of wod they changed quite a lot, they have to do the same again but at a much higher scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Exactly but they can change the current game to resemble vanilla.
    They tried that
    They tried walling off servers
    They tried to get rid of cross faction Ah
    They tried getting rid of the exp boosts

This would have brought back community but the players shut them down

Pristine servers could have fixed the community aspect

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, WoW needs a massive change at this point. After the failure of wod they changed quite a lot, they have to do the same again but at a much higher scale.
    At least they said they are stopping the "rental abilities" system

All I want is the classes to play more like MoP including snap shotting.
    Give us abilities when we level instead of 20 levels of nothing
    Class sets
    Fun trinkets and weapons
    Reasons to get involved in a community (guild Hall's)

5. Throw mogs into a trashbin so that the people would be forced to farm the new gear in order to look cool

It takes courage and decisiveness but wow can be saved, it doesn't have to go back into vanilla in order to do so.
    Removing mogging is probably one of the single worst decisions blizz could make. The number of people that would leave instantly would make Ion's head explode.

No, imo there needs to exist a streamlined version of current wow
    There also needs to exist a oldschool version

there, everyone happy

The game doesn't need "saving". It will be a nice little boost in revenue though.

If Classic does really well, then maybe it will send a message to Blizzard on how they should try to design retail WoW a lot closer to what made Classic WoW so great. I don't think it will really help because WoW is just a very old game at this point. The game can always get better (especially with the shitfest that is BFA), but its very hard to bring players back to the game at this point. At best they will do a better job stagnating with the remaining players, rather than lose a bunch after each quarter.

OP:
    “It’s ridiculous that Blizz has to make vanilla which is full of outdated things. Instead, Blizz should make retail have outdated things.”

Alriiiiighty then.

Was Classic suppose to save Retail? Did they say Classic was suppose to save Retail?

5+ Year Old Account
    It is absolutely going to save it, as far as I'm concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

4. Make the raids less accessible and harder to see the lore
    Why?

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope and trust it will do well. It's not going to "save" anything realistically. And that's not why it exists.

I'd much rather have seen pristine servers that cover the entire game but we have what we have.

Just to remind everyone:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "So what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first launched? Over the years we have talked about a “pristine realm”. In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder. We aren’t sure whether this version of a clean slate is something that would appeal to the community and it’s still an open topic of discussion. "
    That discussion is apparently over in favor of classic.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-14 at 01:21 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Financially? No. WoW is doing great financially. There is nothing to "save".

I think Classic is a time consuming but probably not expensive move on Blizzard's part. And it is good PR move at the least. It shows they are listening, they have dedication, and they are willing to go in directions that the community wants. It is also a good chance to see what people like about the classic experience. Blizzard will, no doubt, monitor what people are doing on classic servers when they sign on and use that data to apply to retail. If they see that everyone on Classic is exploring more, they may add more secrets out in the world. If people are doing more group quests, they may add more of those.

It's a good way to test the waters for what may or may not bring back some of those older players. At this point WoW isn't bringing in any new players. They are all older players coming back to the game to see how it is. Or even parents showing their kids. This is a good way to entice older players that do like Classic to try Retail since you'll get both.

Classic won't 'save' fuck-all. It's a navel-gazing distraction.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

The community destroyed the community, it wasn't blizzard. Them giving us LFD/LFG/LFR didn't force anyone to quit talking to people that they grouped with. Players CHOSE to do this. I mean the moment you ask a question in chat 9/10 responses are stupid troll responses. People used to buff anybody and everybody they see, now you're lucky if you get a soul well or mana table in a dungeon/raid/WF. Everybody is saying "bring back Vanilla"... it never left. It changed but with the change the community decided to abuse or disconnect just because it was a option. Its like jumping off a cliff... A smart person would see the cliff and say "screw that, i'm staying over here", the WoW community is like "oh damn, a cliff, I better jump off of it" and then complain to the cliff that it "forced" them to do so.

TBH I couldn't give less of a shit if it ends up saving anything. I just want to have fun playing WoW.