Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior forum is dead or what?

I got the feel that the Warrior forum is dead, no new posts about class changes or anything for a long time now.
    What happend to the fellow Warriors?

Most discussion and up to date guides/talk is going on the class discords
    icy-veins.com/forums/topic/16114-class-discord-channels/

Quote Originally Posted by totalrelax View Post
    Most discussion and up to date guides/talk is going on the class discords
    icy-veins.com/forums/topic/16114-class-discord-channels/
    Yeah i do have the discord of the class still is curious because some other class forums are way more active then Warriors.

Being blizzards bitch class since mid WoD does that to a forum.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Discord killed the Warrior forum, and to be honest it's been dead for a few years now.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Not entirely specific to warriors only...but how are you supposed to discuss class changes if there are no changes? Short of prot being the hot shit for 1 M+ season...there has nothing been going on with warriors and it looks like 8.2 is not going to change it.

If you consider how many players are unhappy with the way classes feel right now, the lack of class changes in all of BFA is heartbreaking. Think back to Legion, where we got SHOWERED with class changes that actually changed the core rotation of classes.

I'm not saying being bombarded with changes (because something obviously did not work out) is ideal....but so far BFA has been the wasteland of class changes. 8.0 was basically a patch that just removed everything Legion gave you without adding anything new. Then you got access to...what? 6-7 class specific Azerite Traits that were shuffled around a bit in the following months....and that's it.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-06 at 12:44 AM.

I blame the GCD changes, it pretty much killed the class. Only reason why people play Prot now is because of the M+ damage potential. but with the 50% reduction planned in next patch im not sure that will last long.
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousdoom View Post
    I blame the GCD changes, it pretty much killed the class. Only reason why people play Prot now is because of the M+ damage potential. but with the 50% reduction planned in next patch im not sure that will last long.
    Actually i don't have any bigger issues with playing prot, even with reduced AE dmg potential. The GCD-rechange for IP did A LOT for fun gameplay in my POV. But well, i'm not a prot fanboy who just switched to it due to being top tier for this m+ season. I like the playstile, i played prot in beginng of BFA and i will play it with incoming nerf. And i think i will still enjoy it.
    Last edited by Allseye; 2019-05-07 at 11:16 AM.

Well, we'll see how it plays out.
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Not entirely specific to warriors only...but how are you supposed to discuss class changes if there are no changes? Short of prot being the hot shit for 1 M+ season...there has nothing been going on with warriors and it looks like 8.2 is not going to change it.

If you consider how many players are unhappy with the way classes feel right now, the lack of class changes in all of BFA is heartbreaking. Think back to Legion, where we got SHOWERED with class changes that actually changed the core rotation of classes.

I'm not saying being bombarded with changes (because something obviously did not work out) is ideal....but so far BFA has been the wasteland of class changes. 8.0 was basically a patch that just removed everything Legion gave you without adding anything new. Then you got access to...what? 6-7 class specific Azerite Traits that were shuffled around a bit in the following months....and that's it.
    Not sure what OP was looking for, but at least I think warriors are in a great spot right now. Fury is incredibly fun to play with DPS constantly becoming more competitive with higher gear levels, don't care about Arms but I'm sure its fine, and prot works now.

I don't care if we have changes to talk about, but there are enough changes in new gear, getting higher levels of stats where things are going to be changing, and some discussion about these is something I look for to constantly better myself. Some kind of discussion about things would be nice, but at the same time I'm getting by just fine without it, so maybe it is all too easy now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all the class forums are dead, really. There's way way less activity than like a year or two ago. It's a mix of less people playing wow and discord servers being so popular.

Also, I'm sure the forums being a pain in the ass to use on mobile helps a great deal in scaring people away.

Quote Originally Posted by frontfleezy View Post
    Not sure what OP was looking for, but at least I think warriors are in a great spot right now. Fury is incredibly fun to play with DPS constantly becoming more competitive with higher gear levels, don't care about Arms but I'm sure its fine, and prot works now.

I don't care if we have changes to talk about, but there are enough changes in new gear, getting higher levels of stats where things are going to be changing, and some discussion about these is something I look for to constantly better myself. Some kind of discussion about things would be nice, but at the same time I'm getting by just fine without it, so maybe it is all too easy now.
    It is definetly worse than ever.

Legion may have been an outlier with Legendaries, but the #1 cause for constant debate about what to do with a spec was always Tier set.
    Is 4piece worth it if i have better ilvl on slot x?
    Is 2pc good for AOE?
    Should i try and get 4pc or 2-2 for M+?
    At which point is giving up my old 4pc worth it for the new 2pc?

Legiondaries exploded this discussion and then on top of that we had ACTUAL class changes in the major patches. You know, stuff like "Ability x now does y% more damage" and y being a magnitude that is actually impactful.

BFA has exactly NONE of this. While they were throwing darts at the Azerite Traits to balance them there still was some discussion...but that ended 4 months ago and since then there have been exactly ZERO changes to most specs in the game.

BFA not only made specs boring...it also made talking about them boring. Blizzard designed BFA this way so they have no tuning to do in patches...to save work. And while i can understand the outset, and it may certainly have its appeal for people who are happy with their spec and don't want it to change or are even turned off by specs changing in patches.....it is TOO boring right now, imho. Also, there are not that many specs that palyers are really happy with right now compared to previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousdoom View Post
    this is how classes get called shit. its a 6-10% damage nerf. maybe read the nerf before commenting on it.

Dead like the class itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just check out Druid forum. They still have a bunch of legion guides stickied despite people asking for them to remove stickies!
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Generally, people moved from forums to discord.
    Edit Signature.

as dead as the damage specs

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    It is definetly worse than ever.

Legion may have been an outlier with Legendaries, but the #1 cause for constant debate about what to do with a spec was always Tier set.
    Is 4piece worth it if i have better ilvl on slot x?
    Is 2pc good for AOE?
    Should i try and get 4pc or 2-2 for M+?
    At which point is giving up my old 4pc worth it for the new 2pc?

Legiondaries exploded this discussion and then on top of that we had ACTUAL class changes in the major patches. You know, stuff like "Ability x now does y% more damage" and y being a magnitude that is actually impactful.

BFA has exactly NONE of this. While they were throwing darts at the Azerite Traits to balance them there still was some discussion...but that ended 4 months ago and since then there have been exactly ZERO changes to most specs in the game.

BFA not only made specs boring...it also made talking about them boring. Blizzard designed BFA this way so they have no tuning to do in patches...to save work. And while i can understand the outset, and it may certainly have its appeal for people who are happy with their spec and don't want it to change or are even turned off by specs changing in patches.....it is TOO boring right now, imho. Also, there are not that many specs that palyers are really happy with right now compared to previous expansions.
    Agree, totally makes sense. I do think the play style is very fun for this early in the expansion, hopefully they can liven up the diversity and bring back discussion again.

MMO-Champ forums are completely dead for anything gameplay related. Just come in for the news and call it a day. All that's left is whining and left/right-wing fights over twitter or some shit.