Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Only motivation for me is Mythic Raiding with my Guild. It is really great and is enough to keep me in the game. I would wish the rest of the game was better though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    One of the main motivations for me used to be getting the best gear possible, now that motivation is gone for obvious reasons... it was too obvious for me that titanforging would make me quit this game for good sooner or later, kinda "predicted" that back in august while leveling my first bfa character.
    In a game where character progression, which is usually manifested in secondary stat tweaking after a certain point ( once you're at 410-412 ilvl basically )..... you have literally 0 control over your gear and that, for many people absolutely kills every last drop of motivation they have or had to keep playing. Some people have a motivation to farm logs for example.. but guess what, you can't do that if you have no gems in your gear and everyone else in the top ranks have 7-8 gems in their gear, not quite something that you have control over... and then we have people who can't even understand why reforging should absolutely be back in the game, considering the fact that... again, it's more or less secondary stat oriented expansion and titanforging is still here. Then we have the box of disappointment which keeps giving you items that you don't need week after week, unless you're incredibly lucky, in which case good for you, but for vast majority of us it's not the case.
    Ion had something completely mindblowing to say about all this, he said that if players had a chance to get best gear possible, some of them wouldn't have any reason to keep playing until new patch or new expansion... i'm not sure if he's actually that retarded or somebody keeps telling him to say such things in interviews to annoy people on purpuse. Let me tell you something, if i get best gear possible i might take a break, but i'll definitely come back in a month or something, but if it's impossible for me to get BiS item which holds my character back and i get outperformed by somebody who doesn't even know how the class works properly, but he has that BiS item titanforged from m+5 or some shit to 425 ilvl with the gem in it... i'm gone dude, and i ain't coming back because you've crossed the very last line with your shitty decisions about rewarding players based on you don't even know what
    Well said.

To me I couldn't care less what people around me gets as loot, what matters to me is that I want gear to mean something again. There is so much RNG now in gear that I just feel it all is a waste. I get tons of epics but maybe a few of them are actually useful due to random stats and forges.
    I want back the time where you aimed for a certain gear or weapon, that the item had fixed stats, and you knew that item was good. You only ever get this with trinkets nowadays and barely that because even they can be affected by RNG.

Nothing is more depressing than finally getting the item you want to drop but it has the wrong stats and didn't forge. It feels more like relief rather than joy when it finally does.

I am no longer raiding and the broken gearing process is one of the reasons I won't even bother anymore. It's just not fun for me. I want my hard work and time spent to be rewarded, not be on the mercy of the triple RNG gods. One round or RNG used to be bad enough.

And to OP, my main two reason I played WoW was mounts and collecting tier sets. Guess what Blizz decided to shaft this expac? The mount designs so far has not been enough to keep me subbed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Random BGs
    PUG raids
    Low key Mythic+
    Farming xmogs, mounts, titles

Activities that don't take up much commitment and time, yet feel rewarding
    I am genuinly curious, how do low level keys and farming mounts feel rewarding?

If you have more than 100 mounts you cant be bothered by another 100 can you?

And in low level keys you dont get any useful gear, almost no AP and the dungeons still feel shit with most affixes.

Biggest for me is them elf tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I want my hard work and time spent to be rewarded, not be on the mercy of the triple RNG gods.
    Apparently this is too hard of a concept for people to understand /shrug

Only thing thats fun to me is raiding. BfA is just so boring atm. The content really sucks.

Class design.
    Edit Signature.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post

And in low level keys you dont get any useful gear, almost no AP and the dungeons still feel shit with most affixes.
    People just like collecting. Nothing wrong with that. I personally love the thrill of the treasure hunt of getting xmog and mounts. More of those and I can match them up with each other and really theme out my toon. Just my .2 though.

It used to be friends, but they all quit so yeah. Now-days it's non existent to meet new people, since everyone is so autistically awkward to even notice the chat or to reply back. Therefore this game has died. I will try Classic and hope for the best.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have very little motivation to play right now. Not interested in collecting transmog anymore and there's little to do that interests me outside of raiding.

I tried to play the gold game but the transmog and pet market is so slow on my server. Just got Ghost Recon Wildlands so that's taking all my time.

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    It used to be friends, but they all quit so yeah. Now-days it's non existent to meet new people, since everyone is so autistically awkward to even notice the chat or to reply back. Therefore this game has died. I will try Classic and hope for the best.
    Yeah, because the only time anyone has anything to say its "Hey, can I have that item that you just got"

I wish people that dont have motivation stopped replying so that the post was more easly readable!
    I like to raid mythic, casually (7/9 atm) and collect stuff
    Try new classes/specs/builds (having fun with 'no il' frost mage atm
    Id love to have all races at 120 and all classes...but monk is too boring for me for reasons i cant explain never managed to get past lvl 40 on the 10+ monks i made since mop!
    I like to do m+ with friends, but they are fewer by the week, and keep playing hoping the next patch will revive this game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    You never played a game with as much content as wow. There fixed it for you.
    I got bored of BFA verry quickly and im currently playing Elder scrolls online while waitting for Classic, and for sure it has alot more content then wow and i mean real content not just braindead content like islands and warfronts.
    ESO definitely doesn’t have more content than WoW. I’ve played the shit out of it for five years to the point where I consider myself ‘done’. The expansions also aren’t anywhere near as big.

WoW has 14 years of content to explore from TBC all the way through to BfA. ESO is pretty big and it’s a fun game, but let’s not pretend it has more content.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-05-14 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post

Because I don't do it for the gear. I don't want to play the treadmill game anymore

I Just genuinely like playing my characters (Moonkin and BrM monk).

I used to be a dedicate raider. Managed to be 2nd Best druid (feral cat and resto in WotLK) in my realm and even held World record in World of logs for HPS in Majordomo in Firelands.

I now just enjoy the ride and see it less as a chore and more as a game.

As for the mounts. I'm still Missing a lot. Hivemind being one that I really want to work towards. I'm also working on collecting old legendaries (so far I've gotten rogue Daggers, Tarecgosa and Valanyr). There are plenty of things for us casuals to do.

You just have to realize that Blizz wants us all to keep playing the endless treadmill that gear is (World quests will drop heroic BoD gear next patch). They just press a reset button and alas, there you are having to grind your way back untill the next patch (and most people don't even enjoy the gear grind, they find it more as a chore).

So I find myself doing Myhtic+ and raids that I outgear, because it's fun to play the game without having to bash your skull against a wall for loot.

Heck I even leveled a warrior from 110-120 just with Island Expedition because I find them fun.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2019-05-14 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Yeah, because the only time anyone has anything to say its "Hey, can I have that item that you just got"
    Hahahaha this. Even trade doesn't have it's nightly chats anymore...

I mostly love mythic raiding and a little bit of arena.

Dungeons for chills and no pushing beyond +15. Island expeditions with guildies for the infinite monsters killing experience.

The controls are incredibly smooth and responsive. Ive tried other mmos but movement feels stilted and/or unnatural. Diablo 3 has smooth and responsive controls too. HotS has awful control - your char kinda jerks around awkwardly when you move about.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Have fun with friends. Found a pretty neat guild I raid with, and I have fun raiding with them.

7+ Year Old Account
    To kill time when I'm bored and have nothing else to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sushirama View Post
    Are there any reasons to play the game in the first place? (socialization, just chilling out, the game is a passion of yours, etc)?
    - High-fantasy medieval art and setting
    - Strong power progression (levels and gear)
    - Decent evolving story - although convoluted for newcomers (quests and cinematics)
    - Group content (dungeons, raids, pvp)

EDIT: I feel like all of these aspects are worse now than in Legion (previous expansion), so I am unsubbed for now.