Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    Having 5-6 melee dps tunneling the boss combined with the 5% hp nerf will make dps checks and p3 much easier. Melees not getting marks will make p2 interrupts a joke.
    12 marks going out will also make every single part in the fight easier. Marks aren't hard to handle but stupid mistakes will cost you a lot of pulls. After the nerf it's very hard to die to marks. Nerf to laser debuff duration is also pretty big, making it almost impossible to get 2 stacks of the dot.
    There were no dps checks. In our world #1 kill our tactic revolved around stopping dps at certain points and sacrificing dps players to make the fight easier mechanically speaking. Sure the nerf will make the boss a lot easier to kill, but it is still a very complex fight. I'd expect around 200 pulls for the average guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaira View Post
    There were no dps checks. In our world #1 kill our tactic revolved around stopping dps at certain points and sacrificing dps players to make the fight easier mechanically speaking. Sure the nerf will make the boss a lot easier to kill, but it is still a very complex fight. I'd expect around 200 pulls for the average guild.
    You had 5 ele shamans so I guess that makes it seem like there are none, but with a less optimal comp transition into p2 and p3 are much tighter. In your kill video you go into intermission 15 seconds before most guilds, even skipping the last obscurity let alone the last tank swap and mind control area thingy which is the dps check for p1.
    Last edited by goriander; 2019-05-13 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Jaina got hit with the expected second wave nerfs, I bet we will see another wave for CoS still before 8.2 drops.
    Third wave of nerfs*

Quote Originally Posted by texhex View Post
    you could always go into last phase with 0 stacks even if you killed the waterele.
    you just had to make sure to free nathanos with 6-3 seconds left on your 15 second debuff, because during last intermission the debuff stacks up each 15 secs (compared to 10 sec in p3) if you timed the nathanos iceblock well (above mentioned 6-3 sec debuff time left) and instantly interrupted jaina you wont get the refresh from intermission and there is a grace period of 5 seconds after jaina interrupt, where you start getting the p3 stacks which meant that you lost all stacks from the intermission.
    I know, but it's still a significant difference. Right now, like you say, the grace period is 5 seconds, and you still need insane DPS if you want to kill the little elementals + avoid overlapping HoFs before Jaina comes over. With the nerfs it's basically a lot more forgiving and you have a much longer grace period - maybe even 20-30 seconds? Gives you the flexibility to wait for healing+DPS CDs to come back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    This was meant to be a filler raid to give something to do for people who already killed Jaina, or maybe are stuck on her and need some break from it. It failed horribly, it was tuned around world top 50 at best, maybe top 100 if we stretch it. Especially strange when heroic is so easily puggable, much easier than hc BODA was at start. The tuning disparity between hc COS and mythic COS is just jarring.
    You ever think that maybe they overtune stuff so the top guilds don't kill it in a day and then nerf it so people who don't have 5 alts can play too?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgilityTank View Post
    You ever think that maybe they overtune stuff so the top guilds don't kill it in a day and then nerf it so people who don't have 5 alts can play too?
    You ever think that doing this in a raid that has only 2 bosses with zero gear progression is not such a good idea?

These Jaina nerfs are enormous. We got our first kill tonight, previous best pull 22%.

Phase 3 is vastly easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    These Jaina nerfs are enormous. We got our first kill tonight, previous best pull 22%.

Phase 3 is vastly easier.
    Grats! Do guilds just kill the elemental now?

If so, it sounds like Phase 3 isn't even a phase anymore with just a simple zerg (low dps check too) and no elemental or tank sacrifices to do. Like free win level. Tank and spank boss, dodge a couple things.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-05-15 at 04:25 AM.

Yes you just kill the elemental now and don't have to deal with interrupts and heart of frost the rest of the phase. No reason to keep it alive. before some guilds (ours included) left it up and dealt with it because we were getting too many stacks and couldn't stay alive if we killed it first.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Grats! Do guilds just kill the elemental now?

If so, it sounds like Phase 3 isn't even a phase anymore with just a simple zerg (low dps check too) and no elemental or tank sacrifices to do. Like free win level. Tank and spank boss, dodge a couple things.
    Not only can you kill the elemental, you can dance around and wait for all your stacks from the first blizzard of phase 3 to time out then interrupt her.

The image also spawns close enough you can easily drag her on top of it and have it die to passive cleave.

The DPS check still exists to kill it before second Orb explodes, guilds that have already killed it won't struggle with that at all but it was close for us.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-05-15 at 05:13 AM.

Removing the Prismatic Image too out of the equation basically means they removed the last phase of the fight. Most of the mechanics are gone with these changes, and P2 has more going on than P3. I can't recall a mythic end boss having its last phase neutered as big as it was today. The Ghuun 3 boil to 2 was big but this is on another level. I wonder what else they'll do to Uu'nat in a month.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-05-15 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical Launderer View Post
    Which is absolutely a sign that the game is devolving and really sad. The intelligent thing to do is to uninstall and move on to something new.
    But make sure you come to fan websites so you can try to get others to do the same thing. I mean, its not really moving on unless you get others to jump on the bandwagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Removing the Prismatic Image too out of the equation basically means they removed the last phase of the fight. Most of the mechanics are gone with these changes, and P2 has more going on than P3. I can't recall a mythic end boss having its last phase neutered as big as it was today. The Ghuun 3 boil to 2 was big but this is on another level. I wonder what else they'll do to Uu'nat in a month.
    This is the logical conclusion of how badly they screwed up designing this boss. Phase 3 was always a poorly executed mess from the design perspective. Nothing works the way the designers intended.

So 9/9M might be puggable now, the most succesful pugs stopped at 8/9M

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    People saying the Jaina nerfs are huge aren't really thinking about how bullshit RNG the fight can be.

- Fires on the Ballista: Bullshit RNG when no one is standing anywhere near them. You can't deny this.
    - Icefall during winds and she doesn't even give you a chance to see it ahead of time: Bullshit RNG. Praying that something you can't see doesn't get dropped on you should never, ever, be part of a fight's design.
    - Images in P3 spawn closer to Jaina: Can be bullshit RNG at times. Mostly just lets you see where the rays are coming from a lot easier.
    1. This does not matter unless all 3 ballistas get fire on the first round of flame patches. You have plenty of time to get 5 shots off before 2nd round of flames from the same ship. The chances of 3 ballistas on fire from pure RNG flames is like 1/100 from our experience.

2. Learn to use class abilities, both Shamans and Hunters can use Eagle Eye/Far Sight on the opposite side of the arena to see if the Icefall animation is there. No RNG, just git gud.

3. ??? There is no RNG that is "bullshit", you can see where the image is and adjust your raid group positioning for the one and only glacial ray that happens in P3. Sometimes you stay behind Jaina, sometimes you go on her left side, again, git gud.

There is barely any real RNG that can screw you up in the fight, the only RNG is P3 Icefall spawns, if they spawn so that you have to move, you are most likely fucked due to the boss starting a massive cast sequence during it, which results in her running back to Tanks and doing her cone on the raid right away.

Actually it looks to me like we kill the image, but it respawns a bit later and we have two images up at the end despite killing one. Is that another mythic mechanic that no one actually encountered? Or does she just spawn two images on the second cast? I definitely see three icefalls at the end too.

But yeah the p2.5/p3 whole thing is kind of silly now.

Edit: These nerfs are huge, but don't change p1/p2 much if you're learning it now. They just make it more consistent, gets rid of the some of the pulls where you nearly auto-lose.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-05-15 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    1. This does not matter unless all 3 ballistas get fire on the first round of flame patches. You have plenty of time to get 5 shots off before 2nd round of flames from the same ship. The chances of 3 ballistas on fire from pure RNG flames is like 1/100 from our experience.

2. Learn to use class abilities, both Shamans and Hunters can use Eagle Eye/Far Sight on the opposite side of the arena to see if the Icefall animation is there. No RNG, just git gud.

3. ??? There is no RNG that is "bullshit", you can see where the image is and adjust your raid group positioning for the one and only glacial ray that happens in P3. Sometimes you stay behind Jaina, sometimes you go on her left side, again, git gud.

There is barely any real RNG that can screw you up in the fight, the only RNG is P3 Icefall spawns, if they spawn so that you have to move, you are most likely fucked due to the boss starting a massive cast sequence during it, which results in her running back to Tanks and doing her cone on the raid right away.
    So regarding your post, are you trying to say that the nerfs where merly a quality of life improvement rather than an actual nerf. Because it apears that you want to tell us that it wasn't difficult before either.

It is paradox that on the one hand jaina is called "ROFL pug boss" now while on the other hand we talk about how easy it was before, therefore saying that the change is actually minor.

As a guild which just started jaina progress p1 - I am acutally thrilled about how these specific nerfs will change our Boss experience. Not so much until p3 i guess

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    So 9/9M might be puggable now, the most succesful pugs stopped at 8/9M
    Those aren't really "pugs" at that point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Mixed feelings from my part, finally killed her last week after 400 wipes, and now it seems any guild will kill it in a fraction of that time. Oh well, at least farming the mounts will become easier.
    Who cares. Anyone will see, that your guild killed her pre-nerfs.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    But make sure you come to fan websites so you can try to get others to do the same thing. I mean, its not really moving on unless you get others to jump on the bandwagon.
    You seem a little confused. Being wrong reinforces nothing; I'm just here to empower players like you.

Because if this trainwreck goes any faster, not even the collective fanboy speedbump you seem to get with every new patch will be able to stop this one.