Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    It is because they were allowed to die together and in a mostly peaceful way. Given the things they have done(Cersei in particular) it wasn't a very satisfying end for them. Personally I wanted someone to stick a knife in them and twist while they looked their killer in the face knowing they got what they deserved. The audience sees them die but as far as any character that wanted revenge they were essentially killed off screen and perhaps it won't ever be know if they actually died. Hard to say if the bodies will ever be found under all that ruble in the tunnels. That isn't to say it isn't realistic in a way, but it doesn't feel particularly satisfying from a story telling perspective.
    Yup that's pretty much how I feel also. Their death wasn't satisfying to me, it was more of a cop-out. I wanted to someone to look them both in the eye and stick a knife in them. If I look back throughout the seasons on it all, and all the times I felt how utterly hateful and for want of a better word "evil" Cersei is, and to know that at the end of it all, they would both die like this together, I would have been really deflated.

It is because they were allowed to die together and in a mostly peaceful way. Given the things they have done(Cersei in particular) it wasn't a very satisfying end for them. Personally I wanted someone to stick a knife in them and twist while they looked their killer in the face knowing they got what they deserved. The audience sees them die but as far as any character that wanted revenge they were essentially killed off screen and perhaps it won't ever be know if they actually died. Hard to say if the bodies will ever be found under all that ruble in the tunnels. That isn't to say it isn't realistic in a way, but it doesn't feel particularly satisfying from a story telling perspective.
    I don't get how losing EVERYTHING, including all hope of survival while the city collapses around his peaceful. I doubt if that were two innocent people, we call it a peaceful end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Yup that's pretty much how I feel also. Their death wasn't satisfying to me, it was more of a cop-out. I wanted to someone to look them both in the eye and stick a knife in them. If I look back throughout the seasons on it all, and all the times I felt how utterly hateful and for want of a better word "evil" Cersei is, and to know that at the end of it all, they would both die like this together, I would have been really deflated.
    So you are mad at a show that for almost 8 seasons not giving you what you want, for not giving you what you want?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I don't get how losing EVERYTHING, including all hope of survival while the city collapses around his peaceful. I doubt if that were two innocent people, we call it a peaceful end.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are mad at a show that for almost 8 seasons not giving you what you want, for not giving you what you want?
    It's not peaceful, but it's the fact that this sense of loss for them, only lasted a few seconds before it was over, and so for me had little impact, and ultimately they died together.
    Last edited by Heavens Night; 2019-05-14 at 12:16 PM.

Because they didn't lose everything. They still had each other at the end and being crushed under those rocks was more than likely very quick and painless. That is what I meant by peaceful. It just wasn't satisfying for me and evidently many other people.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not mad, I was just disappointed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Jon is a Targaryen.
    It's probably what the show is trying to hint at. There is no real "Targaryen curse of madness", incest might always play a part but is never an explanation. Dany and Jon are around the same age, both Targs, from the main branch of the family. Their upbringing did make them two totally different people: Jon believed himself to be worthless, and did his best to prove himself simply as a decent person, worthy of being called Stark. Daenerys believed herself to be destined to greatness, and wanted nothing less than the Iron Throne. Everything else before that was simply checkpoints for her in her quest to gather the army and take back her throne.

In that sense, I think Dany is more an Aegon the Conqueror than the Mad King. Aegon didn't care for the people of Westeros, he was a foreign invader that used whatever means necessary to rule the land. For him it was simple, if a ruler surrendered to his rule he and his people were spared, if he didn't - they burned. The same fear based tactics Dany showed, and they worked, after the conquest no one dared to oppose him.

It's not peaceful, but it's the fact that this sense of loss for them, only lasted a few seconds before it was over, and so for me had little impact.
    Because they didn't lose everything. They still had each other at the end and being crushed under those rocks was more than likely very quick and painless. That is what I meant by peaceful. It just wasn't satisfying for me and evidently many other people.
    I'm not mad, I was just disappointed with it.
    Again, even their love for each other came with emotional caveats that neither wanted to admit. These two, believe it or not, have been tortured by their actions for most of the run of the show.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Again, even their love for each other came with emotional caveats that neither wanted to admit. These two, believe it or not, have been tortured by their actions for most of the run of the show.
    That may well be true and I don't really disagree, but it doesn't change the fact it wasn't a satisfying end for those characters in my opinion.

Let's not resort to insulting each other to try and make our points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    if Winds of Winter & Dream of Spring books had been complete, hbo had those to draw inspiration from then people would be right to complain why last seasons were ass.

Btw fatso g.martin confirmed he isn't finished with Winds n that he hasn't even started on Dream..

I know it's edgy to complain on hbo writers but doesn't change that it's fucking stupid to do so.

Ever try writing a book? It's not exactly the easiest thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Did the dragon pop a 100% parry chance pot or something dodging all the attacks?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    It's probably what the show is trying to hint at. There is no real "Targaryen curse of madness", incest might always play a part but is never an explanation. Dany and Jon are around the same age, both Targs, from the main branch of the family. Their upbringing did make them two totally different people: Jon believed himself to be worthless, and did his best to prove himself simply as a decent person, worthy of being called Stark. Daenerys believed herself to be destined to greatness, and wanted nothing less than the Iron Throne. Everything else before that was simply checkpoints for her in her quest to gather the army and take back her throne.
    Jon is also half Stark. His Father and Mother weren't related. Daenerys' parents were siblings. So Jon has some genetic diversity, Daenerys is massively inbred. One normal marriage can straighten out a bloodline pretty fast, so if you want to go the genetic angle there is actually a lot of merit to Jon being more sane.

For that matter, Jon looks, behaves, and thinks like a Stark, not a Targaryen. He isn't immune to fire, and the only Targaryenlike thing he can do is ride dragons, which is a pretty useless trait at this point.

The writing was on the wall when she executed Randyll and Dickon. Once a Targaryen, always a Targaryen.

She craves power, she craves the throne, she's ultimately destructive and murderous. A Targaryen. Why is this a surprise to anybody really.

Snow is the exact opposite of all of the above.

I agree about Jaime and Cersei though, that was lame as fuck.
    Why does this Randyll and Dickon thing keep getting brought up like it's relevant to anything that just happened.
    He fought against her and betrayed Olenna. Even after that she gave them a choice. They also wouldn't even consider Tyrion's idea of taking the black.

That's miles and miles from blowing up random innocent people in king's landing. None of it is even comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    If you look at the Night King's death scene, after he and the White Walkers are destroyed, you have an aerial view of the Army of the Dead disintegrating, and as you can see the wights were pretty much EVERYWHERE in the caste, even in the innermost courtyard. There is no doubt, the Army of the Dead had basically crushed the opposition when Arya jumped out of nowhere, yet I am supposed to believe that thousands of soldiers, both of the North and of Daenerys, survived?! Give me a break.
    How many Northerners did they show us, a hundred? Less?

As for Daenerys, it seems logical that she kept a reserve back south at or near Dragonstone. Not the largest force, but enough to put up a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Did the dragon pop a 100% parry chance pot or something dodging all the attacks?
    1: He was not heavily wounded from The Long Night.
    2: He was not taken by surprise, and was being flown very fast and tactically.
    3: He was also lucky.

You try hitting a fast flying target with medieval weapons with a long reload time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Ever try writing a book? It's not exactly the easiest thing to do.
    Isn't that kind of the point here in general? Writing a book at his level is pretty hard, and takes a long, long time. Expecting that level of quality from hired writers for a television show, which have to do it in a fraction of the time, take into account the monetary and casting constraints of TV, while being meddled with heavily by the big names in the company, is just unrealistic. There's a reason why especially the dialogue in the first few seasons was a lot better - because it was much more of a book adaption then, where you could lift great lines wholesale.
    Ever since they ran out of books, they pretty much adapted the cliff's notes. Of course it won't be on the same level of quality anymore. And if I were them, I would want to finish it quickly too, since this has to be somewhat unfulfilling work to be honest. Where you can't really put your own vision into reality, but also don't have the quality guidelines that raised fan's expectations pretty much unreasonably. It's sad, but it's also kind of understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    She literally locked up her children for killing ONE child.
    on the part of Drogon killing an INNOCENT child and Dany locking up the wrong dragons, making them possibly even more hostile while Drogon roamed free still, killing as he pleased.

I've always been about Justice when getting involved into a show, does a character who you like go down a dark path and start murdering innocents, only to be redeemed later on? Too bad... he/she's gotta die to repent for those crimes. So when Drogon kills an innocent little girl and Dany doesn't put him down, it shows that she wants to be good, but she cares more about own desires than being good. If she could have it both ways, that would be splendid, but her priority is her own ambitions and she'll overlook the murder of children by her own "children". If she was a morally good character, Drogon would be dead just like that former slave who killed the masters.

On if we should have seen it coming or not...
    I really would have liked to see Dany embrace her inner "Dragon" more, so I could love to hate her more, but they tried to make you love her and show how she's not one of these selfish tyrants who she claims to want to rid the world of... only to snap once she has victory and start slaughtering innocents out of nowhere on purpose, atop her favorite child. It's like they wanted to have you love her and do the big twist at the end and it just doesn't pay off :/
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2019-05-14 at 01:31 PM.

It was ok enough. I was dissapointed with the direction Dany took, but fair enough. I have thought about that she would go mad sooner or later.

Didnt expect her to go this far though, maaaybe a bit over the top? Just gotta see what approach they push for in the next episode. She still crazy or filled with regret? I bet crazy, makes most sense at this point.

Who kill do the kill? Jon or Arya is my bet.

The fact that not one ballista got a shot in on Drogon was just a huge BLEH, knowing they got 3 direct shots on the first try on the other one. Plotarmor deluxe.

Overall the episode was OK enough, but for me it ended in episode 3 so after that I kind of lost interest. Now im just watching to see how it all ends.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2019-05-14 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    It's like they wanted to have you love her and do the big twist at the end and it just doesn't pay off :/
    It would have if they built up to it properly. I know that some people in this thread feel that the show has done so but I think that at the very least, there are enough dissenting voices to indicate that they could have done a better job at it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Because of cersei's trial by faith militant n walk of shame, I think she would get different end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    1: He was not heavily wounded from The Long Night.
    2: He was not taken by surprise, and was being flown very fast and tactically.
    3: He was also lucky.
    4: Actually it's shit writing.