Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Well you're certainly the first I've seen claim this. What build would you use for tanking, out of interest, as you mentioned stance dancing dropping you down to 10 rage...
    I was talking in general about base stance dancing cost becouse that talent actually with enough skill and depending on situation and encounters is very luckluster - you can get close to no use from it.

There is no clear winner talents. Everything comes to where you are with the content and gear. Clean example - picking extra defense and armor talent over 1h spec. At some point you gonna drop extra extra defense due to abundance on gear and pick 1h spec.
    Same with going for unbridled wrath and extra overpower crit, shout specs, piercing howl being very usefull in raiding aswell. Warriors trees has abundance of decent talents for raiding and very limited points.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Also "parried/blocked" - you often OT from in front of the boss? I used to dip into non-debuffing breath attacks for rage on things like Ony; but for the most part...
    Bosses still dodge from behind. It depends highly on situation as you don't want to eat wingbuffet as OT... cleaves, breaths why not for most part.

Like always the good ones will be hard to find.

As in every expansion Tanks are on limited supply, I dont remember time when tanks were widely available.
    There will be a lot of warriors for sure but most of them will play Furry/Arms and refuse to tank.
    I am sure that some of those will say yeah ill tank no problem and would not be able to hold aggro because it wasn't that easy to tank back in TBC/Vanilla times.

People will suffer even more if they adopt this mentality that only a warrior can tank in vanilla, there will be some druids and some paladins that will be more than capable to tank but you need to know to adjust your play style to work with those classes.

Me personally ill play paladin and tank it through the lvling 40-60 than switch to holy because i know for sure ill be grinding alot of dungeons 50-60 to save some time with the equipment farm at 60. Wont play holy because its 50% more likely to find a healer than a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    I will say I do NOT agree at ALL. I had a heavy naxx geared mage and warrior alt raiding.
    Going through dungeons as tank NOBODY from us skilled people would wait for threat - that is casters geared to teeth with +650spelldmg, they would chain pull first if you didn't, they would not bother with CC, they would madly aoe pull aswell. Your duty was to keep up with them if you didnt push enough yourself with that pace - tough luck we find someone else.
    It was your duty to hold it. Was it possible with enough skill even with mages chain pulling without letting you get grasp of agro? Yes, it was tricky but with smart play it wasn't issue, was enough challanging that most tanks would ragequit becouse they had not enough skill to stance dance, use their utilities fully to control the fights and pace.
    I would also get booted or kick people while tanking/dpsing in same manner with PUGs becouse for them chain pulling was a freaking madness in their eyes. No it wasn't, it took skill for both parties (them and me) to see that in this madness was something more.

The exacly same principle we used when raiding or doing dungeons with lesser geared alts, the only difference was the fights were a bit longer but still you would rarely use CC. There was no holding back, everyone knew well when or when not to CC without doing breaks. If you couldnt manage it you would simply be declined next runs - and back than your Value and reputation as a player was usually fairly known in long run, you weren't just 'another player' in the queue.

Anyone skilled would die from boredom from using CC in 99% cases or waiting or the tanks first.

I don't know if you're being ironic, but the above quote is exhibit A as to why tanks will be in short supply: Importing "don't be new on my time" doctrine from retail to classic will even further narrow the tank population. Good luck!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-05-14 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I don't know if you're being ironic, but the above quote is exhibit A as to why tanks will be in short supply: Importing "don't be new on my time" doctrine from retail to classic will even further narrow the tank population. Good luck!
    You are clearly confusing being not skilled = new or new = not skilled.

You are clearly confusing being not skilled = new or new = not skilled.
    Mate when you have Naxx gear yeah Dungeons doesn't matter , but if you are not willing to accept that there is a tank there that cant hold agro against your chain aoe pull with all that naxx gear of yours [because you are so awesome] dont play with those tanks play with your "naxx tanks".
    Part of being a good player is adjusting yourself to your party and not being a child and saying but i am over geared why do i need to wait for CC.... well because you are in a group you wait.

If the group says they preffer to CC then poly the mob and dps the Skull mark.... or go and play alone "solo" those dungeons because you are SO strong and skilled really.
    This attitude is what ruins the game personally for me atm in retail.

If you find a group of like minded people of either keep up with the way only you want to play and control the run then its great.
    BUT if the group decides to take it slow just adjust your play style to them instead of being a baby about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PavelGolub View Post
    Mate when you have Naxx gear yeah Dungeons doesn't matter
    If you read carefully you would notice I was talking from both DPS and tank perspective in both scenarios, naxx and T0 or T0.5 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by PavelGolub View Post
    Part of being a good player is adjusting yourself to your party and not being a child and saying but i am over geared why do i need to wait for CC.... well because you are in a group you wait.
    I was specificly replying in regards and quoting how tanking is not as straight forward as people claim it to be, and skill can make a big difference.

You however are going into rant about personality, playstyles, while I purely focus on different point of view regarding skill cap and how different it is.
    Besides world is not equal, don't force others to your world vision where you have to adjust to weakest link. Leave the choice to players themselves.
    I don't rant players with different approach, different skills, how they play or should play the game. It's in their damn hands. Not in mines or yours.

Comprehensive reading and understanding skills are luckluster nowadays.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2019-05-14 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Which is good, because we dont need all those people who heard that warrior is a hero class of vanilla (which it is) to start leveling warriors. Leave it to actual warrior players.
    Hahaha this gatekeeping.. You're not a real warrior unless you tanked AQ in the snow! uphill both ways! in cloth! with no healers! I'm a real warrior you're not!

15+ Year Old Account
    If you read carefully you would notice I was talking from both DPS and tank perspective in both scenarios, naxx and T0 or T0.5 gear.

I was specificly replying in regards and quoting how tanking is not as straight forward as people claim it to be, and skill can make a big difference.

You however are going into rant about personality, playstyles, while I purely focus on different point of view regarding skill cap and how different it is.
    Besides world is not equal, don't force others to your world vision where you have to adjust to weakest link. Leave the choice to players themselves.
    I don't rant players with different approach, different skills, how they play or should play the game. It's in their damn hands. Not in mines or yours.

Comprehensive reading and understanding skills are luckluster nowadays.
    Actually, if you reread his post, he says the same thing, essentially:

If you find a group of like minded people of either keep up with the way only you want to play and control the run then its great.
    BUT if the group decides to take it slow just adjust your play style to them instead of being a baby about it.

I re-read your post, and your elitism is showing; yes, you personally may have had groups that could AoE down dungeons, but by and large, I do not believe that was the general experience. In my experience it wasn't until LK heroics that AoE pulls became the norm.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

We do you guys always have to get everything into "GENERAL EXPERIENCIE".

Maybe lets have all the same "GENERAL THOUGHTS, LIFES etc."? You know where I am coming?

There is ZERO elitism showing my point of view how things were and can be done. You just cant accept that fact and reality and everything has to be boiled down to your generic life. It's egoistic and toxic behavior & thinking when "im drowning so I'll get you drown with me"
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2019-05-14 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    There will be more Warriors than any other class, and it won't be close.
    I don't think you are aware just how blindingly correct you are. I've worked my way to 32 in a certain *ahem* "place." And in this "place" it's warriors and rogues galore. They're gunna be frickin' everyhwere.

Planning on tanking so meh. Won't be my problem=D

10+ Year Old Account
    As per the /r/classicwow census:
    12.7% Tank
    25.3% Healer
    62% DPS

This means there'll be a shortage of tanks for 5-mans (should be 20%), but probably a dearth of tanks for 40-man raids (I don't think raids need 5 tanks except in special situations).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I will make a warrior tank only for raiding as an off tank .

Tanks and healers will always be in short supply, even more so in Classic.

Both were difficult to do. Healing not AS much, but still somewhat. You couldn't just use max ranks of your spells, you'll oom super fast. You've gotta know which heals to cast on EVERY healer.

There's absolutely NO hand holding.

If it's too much for the retail crowd (tourists as they're called, get to level 10 and go back to retail) they can always just go back to retail

Will mainly roll a Tank to be Fury. But i'll be rolling with some IRL Friends and during leveling you'll be able to tank as your arms leveling spec. Will probably go Prot for a while at 60 to gather my gear. Will also have a ranking set and shield on me if im assigned OT duty in raids. But the dream is Fury deeps and Arms PvP. I never played Warrior past 56ish in Vanilla because by that time prepatch/TBC was out. So it'll be a baptism by fire for me.

Can any oldschool tanks tell me if ranking lv60 5mans(UBRS/Strat/etc) will be doable in Fury spec? Or will it be better to just go Prot?
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    There will be more Warriors than any other class, and it won't be close.
    More Warriors =/= more tanks. A lot of people going into Classic are going to be mongoloids playing shit that most guilds didn't use for raiding, and they're going to refuse to swap to tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play a healer, everyone and their mom will roll warrior
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

It really depends to be honest.

Since leveling in Classic took an ungodly amount of time, very very few people were willing to reroll. I think world records were like 5 days /played or something? I found this site claiming to be the fastest using a Horde Hunter and coming it at 4 days 20 hours. Furthermore, people did not really understand class selection and the information on the landing page was sparse to say the least. Plus both druids and paladins were noted as potential tanks. However, in raid content, you really need a warrior or else you might have threat issues and tank one-shots due to luck.

What I am getting at is that people know all that now. When Classic was live, even through BC/LK, leveling was too hard to repeat easily and most people did not plan their role for endgame. I remember picking a paladin strictly because their website had a list of all the classes and a blurb about them, and paladins talked about protecting allies, healing them, and being their shield. I had no idea about the holy trinity or anything, and luckily I enjoyed healing in the end, so my pick as a paladin was not a horrible fit (though I'd come to love druid far more).

This time around, the amount of information known and being compiled about Classic would be the wet dream of any WoW player 15 years ago. People know that they need warriors, and if you want to tank raids, you need to be a warrior. Guilds will make sure to recruit a handful of warriors, treat them well, and keep them geared for >2 tank fights. People will pick classes less on their romantic ideas of what a class should do and more on the harsh reality of what they can do. If you like to heal, you know your choices. Want to tank? Warrior. Dps? We know the best picks. PvP? Same story.

Sorry that went on for a while, the bottom line is that we know so much more and will be making conscience decisions based on how we want to play the game. Of course there will still be priests who really want to DPS and druids who really want to tank, but overall I think that more people will be playing specs/classes suited to the roles they want instead of trying to push their class into a specific role. This will naturally lead to a larger population of tanks and healers than before, and the people playing them will likely know what to expect (or have an okay idea at least).
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    I don't think you are aware just how blindingly correct you are. I've worked my way to 32 in a certain *ahem* "place." And in this "place" it's warriors and rogues galore. They're gunna be frickin' everyhwere.
    To be fair, nobody is aware of being incorrect o.o