Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Just one episode earlier they sniper gatlinged with those scorpions. This time around they didn't even turn them around to even try to shoot the dragon. At least those on the walls never moved an inch. I guess instead of looking at the scorpion Euron should have shot and it would be over before it began.
    One episode earlier, things were in different directions. Last episode Danny was facing the sun and had the worst vision/line of sight. This episode she came out of the sun and it was Euron and company that was at a disadvantage. She then came around from behind, like she had learned something from the previous encounter. She hit the ones on the wall from the back as well. So how it went down was reasonable. If it accounts for 100% hit going to 100% miss is up to what you can accept, I thought there was going to be a hit or two on the dragon, but to something inconsequential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    The ground forces knew nothing of the wildfire. Drogon was able to take out the Iron Fleet and battlements easily because he dive bombed them, or attacked from angles that the scorpions could not shoot from and got lucky against the few shots they were able to take with a slow loading weapon.

It was a weak ass defense. Then again, how many in the Lannister army are trained in shooting down something airborne, let alone a dragon.
    Enough that they've been using them since last season, and since built seemingly 100s of the fucking things.

Just one episode earlier they sniper gatlinged with those scorpions. This time around they didn't even turn them around to even try to shoot the dragon. At least those on the walls never moved an inch. I guess instead of looking at the scorpion Euron should have shot and it would be over before it began.
    How the Iron Fleet was able to ambush Dany was a huge issue with me. She should have seen them miles away. Having said that, it was a target moving in a straight line not expecting to get shot at. Drogon dive bombed the fleet from above, using the sun as cover, It was to represent an angle higher than the scorpions could fire. The scorpions can not fire straight up. What I would have liked to see is the fleet firing at drogon when he was near the surface of the water and missing and hitting other ships. As for the battlements, I did not see their construction as to if the scorpions on the battlements could fire a full 180 degrees or just something less like say 120 degrees. which would make it real easy for drogon to fly down the battlements like he did. He began his attack on the battlements by swooping up from the harbor which would again be an angle the scorpions could not fire from. Its enough for my suspension of disbelief.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    One episode earlier, things were in different directions. Last episode Danny was facing the sun and had the worst vision/line of sight. This episode she came out of the sun and it was Euron and company that was at a disadvantage. She then came around from behind, like she had learned something from the previous encounter. She hit the ones on the wall from the back as well. So how it went down was reasonable. If it accounts for 100% hit going to 100% miss is up to what you can accept, I thought there was going to be a hit or two on the dragon, but to something inconsequential.
    Lmao, this is hilarious, someone actually believes any of this matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Enough that they've been using them since last season, and since built seemingly 100s of the fucking things.
    Yea so? You can have thousands if you have no practice shooting at flying object with them, its useless. I suppose they could have practice shooting the scorpions at ravens.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea so? You can have thousands if you have no practice shooting at flying object with them, its useless. I suppose they could have practice shooting the scorpions at ravens.
    Bronn didn't have any difficulty. Dragons are massive, and not that fast or agile; they'd previously been shown to be very vulnerable, but now suddenly invincible...

An unsuspecting target is much easier to hit
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I agree, its rushed but I think that has more to do with HBO wanting to end the series than anything else. In either case the clues are all there.
    Sadly, it was the show creators who are tired and bored of the show to continue it longer. HBO offered them 10 seasons with 10 episodes and they refused. GRRM also wanted 10 episodes. I'm no TV business expert, but I don't see why HBO couldn't have hired someone else to take reigns from them, but maybe it was in their contract or something who knows. Either way, they want to go and do other things mainly their new Star Wars trilogy. I'd argue they have more or less phoned in the writing in like season 5 and have been rushing to the end since 7 surely.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    As I recall (been a while since I read the books), Euron in the book has a magic horn to control dragons (or claims to at least). How did you want them to suddenly work in all this magic when there was very little along the way?
    Exactly the same way they did in the books, with a world exactly the same as the show, with magic having slowly returned. You know, the world that now has dragons in it, along with necromancers, undead, and other forms of magic. (You kinda see some of that in the very first fucking scene of the show and the book even.)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://watchersonthewall.com/game-th...8I_UyN6s0t7t5k

The main show that we all loved - well at least until very recently - is about to end, but they've already started on the pilot episode for the prequel.

Gotta keep that brand alive.

Last edited by MikeBogina; 2019-05-14 at 03:27 PM.

How the Iron Fleet was able to ambush Dany was a huge issue with me. She should have seen them miles away. Having said that, it was a target moving in a straight line not expecting to get shot at. Drogon dive bombed the fleet from above, using the sun as cover, It was to represent an angle higher than the scorpions could fire. The scorpions can not fire straight up. What I would have liked to see is the fleet firing at drogon when he was near the surface of the water and missing and hitting other ships. As for the battlements, I did not see their construction as to if the scorpions on the battlements could fire a full 180 degrees or just something less like say 120 degrees. which would make it real easy for drogon to fly down the battlements like he did. He began his attack on the battlements by swooping up from the harbor which would again be an angle the scorpions could not fire from. Its enough for my suspension of disbelief.
    Yeah I agree with this, even though there are hills in the way she had been flying around for a while, she should have noticed them way before they shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    She can't do anything right. Mereen is legit the city where she should have indiscriminately executed the entire upper class if she wished to rule the city and make it in her image. But no, and now she took the wrong message about killing people in the cities she conquers and instead of the upper class she killed bunch of randoms. Well done Dany.
    Yeah well I think that feeds into her arc though. She listened to her advisors who told her to try and work with and appease the upper class and the Sons of the Harpy happened. While she did still have love from the commoners, the elite had no love for her for sure. Now in Westeros, she has no love from anyone, and no advisors she really trusts anymore. So she takes Olenna's advice to just be a dragon, and is going to rule with fear to try and get love. I think that is kind of the point of the whole story though, humans make terrible decisions and no person is really good or evil in this story. At least that is what I think GRRM is ultimately going to tell, but D&D just took their own way to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Atleast for me based on their absolutely shitty execution of the last few seasons there is no way in hell I will go and see their star wars trilogy ... I won't watch anything from them again. Much like after LOST was over and was a joke, I will never watch something from Damen Lindelof or Carlton Cuse again either.
    Yeah, meant to say GRRM also wanted 10 seasons. Well depending on how you feel about the TLJ(which I hate), it also had abysmal writing. I think the GoT creators were great at adapting GRRM's work, but once they had to go beyond the books their talent for writing really shows. I have zero hope or hype for their new SW trilogy even if it's supposedly set back in the Old Republic era. I think a lot of people are in the same boat as you and I. I never watched Lost, so I can't comment on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Bronn didn't have any difficulty. Dragons are massive, and not that fast or agile; they'd previously been shown to be very vulnerable, but now suddenly invincible...
    vulnerable when they are not expecting to be shot at, yeah.

I suppose that the Bran leak can kinda makes sense if any of the author/directing cast happens to be a Frank Herbert fan.

The All-knowing, possibly immortal Three-Eyed Raven, that even displayed accurate visions of the future would fit quite well as an ideal/eternal ruler à la Leto II Atreides aka The God-Emperor of Dune. As a bonus we can assume that Sansa would be the perfect to be his Ghanima : mortal sister who continues the bloodline.

A key aspect of traditional leadership, and one of the most essential Regal powers is that of Justice : the King is the ultimate judge figurehead, either giving justice (like Salomon or sometimes in the most direct way like Ned Stark), or enacting laws and enforcing them (Hammurabi Code, Napoleon Code, etc...). As an All-knowing entity, Brann, if inserted in the mechanism of power, would be the perfect Judge and Arbiter, for lies and plots would be impossible, all facts exposed and judged accordingly.

Of course that would to another kind of tyranny, as taken to its extreme dissent would slowly become impossible (imagine a perfected Stasi or 1984).

Now I'm imagining a power structure built by the three remaining Stark siblings... (John gone plus not a Stark anymore anyway):
    -Brann Stark : God-Emperor of Westeros (and more?)
    -Sansa Stark and her line : Hands and designers of the new order (sole continuer of the Stark bloodline)
    -Arya Stark : shadow enforcers of the new order (pupils not progeny)
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2019-05-14 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    Sadly, it was the show creators who are tired and bored of the show to continue it longer. HBO offered them 10 seasons with 10 episodes and they refused. GRRM also wanted 10 episodes. I'm no TV business expert, but I don't see why HBO couldn't have hired someone else to take reigns from them, but maybe it was in their contract or something who knows. Either way, they want to go and do other things mainly their new Star Wars trilogy. I'd argue they have more or less phoned in the writing in like season 5 and have been rushing to the end since 7 surely.
    The actors were getting tired of it as well from what I have been hearing. I mean how long have fans been waiting for Dany to get to Westeros. We waited what 6 years for her to finally get to westeros, you think she is going to sit at Dragonstone for 4 more years? There is a such thing as too much of a good thing. I would rather the show go out on a high note then linger on like some shows cough...walking dead...cough.

With 8000 years of westeros history, I think there is a lot of stories to be told.

The actors were getting tired of it as well from what I have been hearing. I mean how long have fans been waiting for Dany to get to Westeros. We waited what 6 years for her to finally get to westeros, you think she is going to sit at Dragonstone for 4 more years? There is a such thing as too much of a good thing. I would rather the show go out on a high note then linger on like some shows cough...walking dead...cough.

With 8000 years of westeros history, I think there is a lot of stories to be told.
    I agree, but we could have had some smaller trials where Dany might have been forced to make some tough decisions in Westeros. But ultimately, there will always be the books for those answers which I am fine with if they ever get published =(.

I wonder if the actress who plays Cersei is pissed at the direction of her character. I've not seen her do any promotion for this season. All season Cersei just stood and stared out a window... Or she did complain about not getting elephants too.

Last edited by Independent voter; 2019-05-14 at 04:00 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    You're saying the worst mass murderers of history were cartoonish? Cartoonish, as I interpret it, means unrealistic, are you saying what you mean to here?
    Cartoonish, to me, means 2 dimensional. Flat. Cartoonishly evil simply means she's irrevocably evil, unjustifiably evil, IE flat. The third dimension, in this analogy, implies nuance.

It doesn't mean they're silly or unrealistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    cartoonish villain..... have you ever in your life read a tiny bit of history??? Salty danybois..
    See above.

I'm not a danyboi, I've never been a fan of Dany's. I'm a fan of consistent, good writing.