Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Isnt Classic free if you have retail?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yeah and they are basically using this announcement to completely obfuscate the fact that they are adding even more store mounts less than a month after adding one.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I didn't realize. I thought it was only the baby panda and the others came with the other games. That's my bad for sure.
    The worst part is they look like Beta mounts.

Could have made them Crystal for 15 years of WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Isnt Classic free if you have retail?
    Yes but until today there was no indication the Beta required it.

Of course they would announce this money grab along with the Classic launch... gotta admit their marketing strategies are good. A lot of people will compensate their classic hype by buying this smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    O wow. . . . flying mounts you will get to use for a few days per expansion!!!

LoL Blizzard /facepalm. . . . .

Your hyperbole is ridiculous. First, you can use any mount, flying or not, at any time. Whether they fly or not is the next point, and is usually half the expansion (and you can still fly in all previous content as well).

Let's be honest here, this is all about the statue and a "celebration" of WoW Classic's launch. None of the other CEs have come with a 10 inch statue like that. If you're buying this, it's for Ragnaros. A 10 inch statue of that scale would often retail for much more than $100. It's not a bad deal.

The real funny thing is that you won't be able to use those mounts in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexaholic View Post
    GROSS! We waited 15 years, for some recolors of 2 mounts that are already in the game? Like you guys easily could've come up with something much more epic.... A huge party zepplin comes to mind, that would be a cool mount. Or just anything really, rather than some uncolored "recolors" of some mounts already in game.
    If you seriously waited 15 years for that, there may be something wrong with you O.o.

But yeah the mounts could of been a bit more special. They tried to channel something very classic, which I understand. I wouldn't be surprised if the main point of it is the statue and everything else is just stuff they decided to throw in there really quickly.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you can’t wait until October to get your hands on the new Alabaster Stormtalon or Alabastor Thunderwing, don’t worry. We’ll be introducing these mounts to the Blizzard Shop and in-game shop as a standalone bundle in August. Players who purchase these mounts this way and also attach a 15th Anniversary Collector’s Edition to their World of Warcraft account by March 31, 2020 will receive a $25 credit to their Blizzard Balance.

In August, there will be threads with people saying how Blizzard lied to them and tricked them into buying the Collectors Edition and how they aren't exclusive... just like they did with the boat.

Its 15th anniversary not classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    That Ragnaros statue looks freaking sick.
    And it is pulling my wallet. Unfortunetaly.

This looks like an experiment to see how much people will pay for an untextured mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Course they will be adding those mounts to the Blizzard shop.

Jesus Christ this is getting out of hand now.

As for the CE. Far too expensive. But of course I guess ActiBlizz had to get their money grabbing ways in somehow on WoW Classic.
    You seriously need mental help. Anyone who just sits and waits to shit talk a game they claim to hate and not play is not a stable person.

As for the CE. Far too expensive. But of course I guess ActiBlizz had to get their money grabbing ways in somehow on WoW Classic.
    Yeah, in case you want them and don’t want the anniversary edition. There’s also the fact if you purchase them early and then by the anniversary edition later you will get credited for your purchase.

There, ordered it. #NoRegrets

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Thirty days game time seems a bit stingy. I am seriously loving that statue, though.

IDK, I'd rather be able to just buy the mounts than just get all the extra BS I don't want.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love the special people here who are all about capitalism... But when it comes to the consumer side of capitalism, you know where customers complain about things, they want everyone to just stfu.

Okay how about blizzard shuts the fuck up about their bullshit and takes it off the launcher? Oh, they have a right to have it there? Great, then I still have my right to complain however I see fit.
    That literally has nothing to do with what I was saying but ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I would consider getting it if this upgraded you to having "Vanilla Collector's Edition" on your account, giving you the pets from that as well.

Last i checked ragnaros was a fire lord, not a gold lord

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you get credited with digital currency that you can only use on digital goods within their store, when you paid them with an actual currency with real value.

Woooo.
    Which you can then use to save actual currency as you know you have to sub to play classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    And it easily could, and it would be fine and inside of the "no changes" mindset, but they are probably saving those to sell later down the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Untextured basic mounts are also worth 25 dollars. Gotta make up for that below-par quarter somehow.
    Open the picture and you can tell they're not untextured. They're designed to look like living statues, like animated golems or something.

And if they announce that it includes the Classic WoW CE pets, I might get it. That statue is pretty sweet.