Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Atleast for me based on their absolutely shitty execution of the last few seasons there is no way in hell I will go and see their star wars trilogy ... I won't watch anything from them again. Much like after LOST was over and was a joke, I will never watch something from Damen Lindelof or Carlton Cuse again either.

That's too bad. Lindlelof was involved in The Leftovers, which was excellent. Lindlelof and Cuse at least know how to write characters, their problem was the opposite, they failed to deliver on the plot they set up.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2019-05-14 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That's too bad. Lindlelof was involved in The Leftovers, which was excellent. Lindlelof and Cuse at least know how to write characters, their problem was the opposite, they failed to deliver on the plot they set up.
    Lindelof is a scourge that destroys everything he touches. You deserved better, Watchmen license.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Lindelof is a scourge that destroys everything he touches. You deserved better, Watchmen license.
    The Leftovers was fucking awesome, and you cannot convince me otherwise.

But, I mean, I liked LOST, even at the end. But I've always cared more about characters than plot. Which is why I shake my head at GoT.

7+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars Legacy @StarWarsIegacy
    It's official. The next installment of the Star Wars saga will be by David Benioff and DB Weiss. December 2022.

https://twitter.com/starwarsIegacy/s...22687837716480

I have mixed feelings about that...

So, the reason of the rush was... Star Wars? ;P
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Lindelof is a scourge that destroys everything he touches IMO.
    Fixed it for you. Leftovers was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Star Wars Legacy @StarWarsIegacy
    It's official. The next installment of the Star Wars saga will be by David Benioff and DB Weiss. December 2022.

https://twitter.com/starwarsIegacy/s...22687837716480

I have mixed feelings about that...

So, the reason of the rush was... Star Wars? ;P
    This is the reason why they rushed it unfortunately.

HBO and GRRM wanted 10 seasons and this is why, D&D couldn't properly telling the story decently between season 7 and 8. HBO and GRRM knew this and tried to prevent it but D&D wanted to start work on this Star Wars.

Bran being king would be the end of the Game of Thrones. He can't be beaten, he can't be lied to, he knows everything and sees everything. He can fight a war himself from his throne without losing many men by using his abilities.

He may need advisers because he has lost most of all his humanity so he may need others to help him in that regard.
    Last edited by Byuiso; 2019-05-14 at 05:15 PM.

Mixed feelings with that one. I just want to say, I utterly enjoyed it. For spectacle, it was outstanding. Visually stunning. From a plot point of view? Atrocious. I think I had given up on the show from a plot perspective already, so this didn't hurt me as much as it did others. After season 7, my mind was set that I will find out how it ends when the final book comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Personally I really enjoyed the character of "Euron" in this television show. His character motivation was "I want to fuck the queen" and his character arc was fucking the queen, this is referenced subtly in his final conversation with Jaime when he mentions that he fucked the queen. This is also why his final confrontation had to be with Jaime, the other guy who fucked the queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Mixed feelings with that one. I just want to say, I utterly enjoyed it. For spectacle, it was outstanding. Visually stunning. From a plot point of view? Atrocious. I think I had given up on the show from a plot perspective already, so this didn't hurt me as much as it did others. After season 7, my mind was set that I will find out how it ends when the final book comes out.
    After episode 3 "The Normal Sunday Night", I quit caring about the story. its obvious its being phoned in this season and last.

I'm just here for the bad ass visuals and watching a dragon destroy a city. Hopefully the last episode has more mindless destruction or its going to suck really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Personally I really enjoyed the character of "Euron" in this television show. His character motivation was "I want to fuck the queen" and his character arc was fucking the queen, this is referenced subtly in his final conversation with Jaime when he mentions that he fucked the queen. This is also why his final confrontation had to be with Jaime, the other guy who fucked the queen.
    Lol.

You sound like the type of guy who would enjoy people watching at monster truck rallies.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Some people are not very complicated. Euron was a simple man with a simple dream. Which he realized, and then died happy. It was a beautiful story.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Some people are not very complicated. Euron was a simple man with a simple dream. Which he realized, and then died happy. It was a beautiful story.

God I hope the books come out. Euron is anything but a simple man. Thanks D&D for butchering him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    After episode 3 "The Normal Sunday Night", I quit caring about the story. its obvious its being phoned in this season and last.

I'm just here for the bad ass visuals and watching a dragon destroy a city. Hopefully the last episode has more mindless destruction or its going to suck really bad.
    The last episode should be some characters processing what just happened, some emotional outbursts, followed by a new plan, followed by the plan not working for a while, and then finally someone's plan works. Would be surprised if there is much destruction. I'm crossing my fingers for something that helps us understand what happens to everyone but... that's probably too much to ask for.

Daenerys in Season 6: "I will kill every last one of their soldiers and return their cities to the dirt. That’s my plan."
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2019-05-14 at 05:41 PM.

Even if the cripple Bran becomes king, there is still hope for a final twist involving the Night King. What if he is secretly controlling Bran through his mark? He is a NECROMANCER, necromancers in fantasy stories never die so easily and often pull strings from beyond the grave,
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Even if the cripple Bran becomes king, there is still hope for a final twist involving the Night King. What if he is secretly controlling Bran through his mark? He is a NECROMANCER, necromancers in fantasy stories never die so easily and often pull strings from beyond the grave,
    You're really determined to see this theory come to fruition, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You're really determined to see this theory come to fruition, huh.
    This is but one of multiple theories that the thousands upon thousands of Night King fans have come up with.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

They really disappointed with Bran, I will say that. I was expecting some huge warg revelation after episode 3, or even just some warg prominence later, but it's just been nothing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Did D&D smoke the same kind of stoner psychadelic that the "Morally Grey Sylvannas" wow-authors did?

I mean come fucking on...

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    They really disappointed with Bran, I will say that. I was expecting some huge warg revelation after episode 3, or even just some warg prominence later, but it's just been nothing.
    I don't know I feel like Bran will play a pivotal part in the prequel. It's inexplicable how the most powerful character in the show has been utterly useless. He did nothing to stop the Night King he knew what would happen but did nothing but bait the Night King. He knew Dany would flip like this and did nothing to stop her. Bran is just inexcusable and how D&D handled him.

This is the best looking episode hands down in my opinion.
    Last edited by Byuiso; 2019-05-14 at 06:21 PM.