I'm glad that classic subs will help fund retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Some pics from the clip here for those that want to see it still.
    Looks like OL Nagrand, right?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Face it. They are as distinct from their parent race as any other allied race, in fact, they seem to be more distinct than some, like the Mag'har Orcs which are just orcs, but brown and smug.
    And Mag'har somehow didn't forget how to tattoo themselves. Seriously, only difference between them is their position on Holy Light.

Mechagnomes at the other hand have clearly different culture.
    -absolute monarchy opposed to democracy
    -castes opposed to position in science/buisiness/military
    -cult of machine opposed to utilitary approach to technology
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Looks like OL Nagrand, right?
    Seems to be, given the floating islands in the background.
    Quite the blatant retcon/fanservice though. Even if Outland wasnt already mentioned as being in the final stages of disintegrating, the portal taking anyone there was chagned to teleport everyone to Draenor instead.
    Supposed it could be explained as iy going back to the old portal, but still.

Also, feel a great need to complain about this being the 3rd horde-centric cinematic. I know Saurfang is supposed to be interesting, but couldnt they show some other characters, Genn for instance, i am willing to ignore this blatantly being the 3rd cinematic featuring Saurfang prominently if they can at least make one talking about Alliance stuff for once.

Where do you think Thrall is in that cinematic?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Quite the blatant retcon/fanservice though. Even if Outland wasnt already mentioned as being in the final stages of disintegrating, the portal taking anyone there was chagned to teleport everyone to Draenor instead.

Also, feel a great need to complain about this being the 3rd horde-centric cinematic. I know Saurfang is supposed to be interesting, but couldnt they show some other characters, Genn for instance, i am willing to ignore this blatantly being the 3rd cinematic featuring Saurfang prominently if they can at least make one talking about Alliance stuff for once.
    Dark Portal is not needed to go to Outland lorewise.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Screenshots show floating islands, so definitely Nagrand (Garadar, specifically).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They are in Nagrand.

The sky is clear, weather is nice and there are floating islands behind saurfang.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Dark Portal is not needed to go to Outland lorewise.
    Sure, i don't doubt he could get there somehow, but that just begs the question of why he was going to the Blasted lands anyways. Unless the only portal mage good enough to teleport people to Outland is in Blasted lands, we have to assume he went there to use the dark portal, which again just leaves us back to asking how the portal went back to teleporting people to Outland.

Minor niggle, i know, but i am a staunch believer in explaining plot point thoroughly when alternatives are available, in this case having Thrall still be with the remaining Frostwolves that were shown in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm half agreeing and half not too bothered by it so thats my take. Still cinematic Thrall doesn't hurt although I suspect Blizzard creative devs may not think these cinematics need more parity even though it feels(As in feels not actually truth or not) like Horde is shown with it's Civil War vs Undead. I'd be fine if they used the cinematics they used in Legion to offer more random story moments(Like obviously Thrall talking with Saurfang).

That is me though, I still understand these cinematics take a lot of work to make.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think it was hint for us. My prediction is that Saurfang is going from Stormwind to Outland (and we find him in Swamp of Sorrows) and he's going to find Thrall to convince him to lead again.
    It's nice to be right sometimes ;D.

With the anniversary event starting 2 weeks after blizzcon, and the rewards being a Deathwing mount and a Nefarian pet, it seems to be another piece of evidence pointing toward 9.0 being dragon-focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm half agreeing and half not too bothered by it so thats my take. Still cinematic Thrall doesn't hurt although I suspect Blizzard creative devs may not think these cinematics need more parity even though it feels(As in feels not actually truth or not) like Horde is shown with it's Civil War vs Undead. I'd be fine if they used the cinematics they used in Legion to offer more random story moments(Like obviously Thrall talking with Saurfang).

That is me though, I still understand these cinematics take a lot of work to make.
    I don't think Blizz consciously considers all avenues of faction parity, i am sure they just consider these high-quality cinematics tough to make, and therefore something we enjoy no matter what, which i mostly do.

The problem might just honestly be with the previous one showing Anduin and Saurfang, instead of what i was hoping, which was Genn and Saurfang, since these 2 are criminally underdevelped in regards to eachother. They have so much in common, and Blizz had such a fantastic opportunity to show Genn and Saurfang bonding over their shared grief in losing a son, and having Genn release Saurfang to give him a chance, which would have been a beautiful continuation for his narrative arc, and would leave a fantastic hook for Alliance conflict, given Tyrande would just have completed the Night warrior transformation, and might feel Genn has betrayed her.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yes, people wanted brown Orcs. From Outland. My anecdotal memory does not recall a lot of requests for Iron Horde Orcs from AU Draenor to be playable, in that I agree with Ebaum.
    I dunno, I heard tons of people praising the Iron Horde and saying they wished they could be Iron Horde Orcs in-game in the WoD era. It was downright common. But here on MMO-Champion? No. Here people have their weird long-term obsessions about stuff which don't even slightly match up with what people who are actually playing the game (or ex-players, even) care about. That's not even a criticism, it's just how it is, and it's actually part of the charm of MMO-Champion these days. We'll still have hundreds and hundreds of pages about High Elves here six expansions from now, even if, say, the few remaining High Elves who aren't Blood/Void get explicitly and canonically wiped out by Lich Queen Sylvanas or whatever. And people here will still be saying "lol only furries want Vulpera" even as they blithely ignore Tauren and Worgen and so on. It's just how MMO-Champion is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    However, in retrospect, it's indeed a somewhat elegant solution (given the circumstances) to have AU Mag'har as an Allied Race, as you can indeed RP them as Outland Mag'har as well. Although I wouldn't say no to less green skin options for regular Orcs.
    Yes it's clearly a win/win scenario for people wanting to RP Iron Horde or trad Mag'har.

Honestly I'm hoping we continue to see more customization options for all the existing races. I'd be fine if that means fewer Allied Races.

Sure, i don't doubt he could get there somehow, but that just begs the question of why he was going to the Blasted lands anyways. Unless the only portal mage good enough to teleport people to Outland is in Blasted lands, we have to assume he went there to use the dark portal, which again just leaves us back to asking how the portal went back to teleporting people to Outland.

Minor niggle, i know, but i am a staunch believer in explaining plot point thoroughly when alternatives are available, in this case having Thrall still be with the remaining Frostwolves that were shown in Cata.
    People have been opening portals to OL even in WC3, thats literally a non issue. DP was just stable and constant.

What is kind of an issue, is that all those cinematics are quite horde centric. Alliance must feel shafted.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2019-05-14 at 07:20 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    With the anniversary event starting 2 weeks after blizzcon, and the rewards being a Deathwing mount and a Nefarian pet, it seems to be another piece of evidence pointing toward 9.0 being dragon-focused.
    It's nice we have so many possibilities, 9.0 could be Death/Scourge/Bolvar, Void (with or without N'zoth) and now Dragon Isles. Good ground for speculations (but real one will start with 8.3 story and hints, now is way too soon).

10+ Year Old Account
    How did someone even get those images?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How did someone even get those images?
    It was shown at the event.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Alright, idk if it has already been posted, but theres a streamer who apparently leaked the next wow cinematic, including a Thrall and Saurfang meetup POG

Link : https://clips.twitch.tv/DifficultSparklyBatPartyTime

It’s probly gonna be released with 8.2 to tie with the re-introduction of thrall in the story and the war canpain

the link doesn't work
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Some pics from the clip here for those that want to see it still.

It includes a picture of Ion next to a giant nipple.

This triggered a memory of something Ion-related that happened in the past.

I'm sure @Shadochi remembers.
    How can anyone forget the magnificence of the grand Vol de Tort.
    The video may have been removed, but will forever live in our memories!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread