Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Me - The lost tank

I assume I'm quite lonely being hopeless in learning the way through dungeons in BFA but I have to admit after several runs, I cannot find the way through several of them.

I don't know why it's so hard. Particulary wierd layouts? I'm getting senile?

I tried tanking a few time but to save me the embarrassment of having to constantly ask for the way I respeced to DPS or healer.

Anyone else lost?

I'm pretty sure you're primarily talking about waycrest manor, yea it could be tricky at the beginning, but you'll get used to it soon enough

I swear you people are just trolling.

Despite every single dungeon being a joke in size after Vanilla, there are literal maps for it.

I understand going the wrong way the first time, maybe the second time, but after that? How exactly, a goldfish wouldnt get lost.

Map having multiple ways and going the "wrong" way? I get it, getting lost, HOW EXACTLY?

Waycrest manor is the same, you might not "get it" the first time, but after the second, how hard is it to realize "Oh, just different but the same path" each time.

Most of the dungeons are very linear - just go forward and pull. But Waycrest Manor was confusing for months for me) I had the general idea, but whenever there was a wipe, I had a hard time finding the way back, because it was unlocked differently every time)) I was occasionally disoriented in TD in the beginning too

Here you can find some example routes for current week:
    raider.io/news/
    Also you can plan your own route if you have problem with some packs to avoid them (invis, shrouds, death skips etc) here:
    wago.io/mdt

gl&hf tanking out there

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do what i do.

I was away from bfa since the 1st month till a few weeks ago, but this only occurs in 2 dungeons: mother load and Siege of Boralus, but it's not about not knowing the way, but knowing the fastest way, with skipping all the packs and whatnot.

I just say at the start: I've been away from the game for a while, so if anyone knows the shortcuts, please go ahead and lead the way

You should probably DPS until you learn the routes. Tanks control how fast the pulling goes and if you are inexperienced, you're slowing the group down. Just play a DPS until you get the hang of the routes.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Sounds very strange that you get lost all the time. Hell, it's more difficult to get lost than to go the right way.

Even Waycrest have an "arrow system" showing you where to go. When you first enter you localize which door is open, right or left one on the ground floor or right or left one on the floor above. After that, you go to the boss and small "death spirit-y" projectiles will fly through the air from time to time. Following them will guide you to the right path. No matter which door is open it's basically the same pattern to it, just Think about it while tanking.

If what you mean by "lost" is more about "going the right path for the fastest run" then I can relate. In m+ the route depends on affixes. Teeming = more pulls, fortified could mean avoid a mob, same with bolstering etc. That's just a matter of doing things over and over again, preferably with a percent progress addon and/or a dungeon route planner addon.

Good luck out there!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Every dungeon in BFA is fully linear but WCM, AD and FH. Of those 3 only Waycrest can be tricky to navigate and even then, after 1-2 runs it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I swear you people are just trolling.

Despite every single dungeon being a joke in size after Vanilla, there are literal maps for it.

I understand going the wrong way the first time, maybe the second time, but after that? How exactly, a goldfish wouldnt get lost.

Map having multiple ways and going the "wrong" way? I get it, getting lost, HOW EXACTLY?

Waycrest manor is the same, you might not "get it" the first time, but after the second, how hard is it to realize "Oh, just different but the same path" each time.
    Waycrest is super easy, just follow the souls of the mobs you kill if you get lost. Now doors do open as things die, but you can stick with the soul route and you will be fine even for lower level keys when you aren't pushing things at a breakneck pace.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Can you imagine M+ Sunken Temple?
    Its timer would be around 2 hours

Original one though

If you want to talk about getting lost in a dungeon, I don't think anything would beat M+ BRD ... *shivers*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    If you want to talk about getting lost in a dungeon, I don't think anything would beat M+ BRD ... *shivers*
    Know the place like the back of me hand. Favorite instance since it actually felt like a living, breathing enemy city.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Full stealth team or bust

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously meant the original
    Just about ubrs mob kill requirement % made me feel ill

10+ Year Old Account
    An easy solution is to open your map and run towards the next boss.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    I assume I'm quite lonely being hopeless in learning the way through dungeons in BFA but I have to admit after several runs, I cannot find the way through several of them.

I don't know why it's so hard. Particulary wierd layouts? I'm getting senile?

I tried tanking a few time but to save me the embarrassment of having to constantly ask for the way I respeced to DPS or healer.

Anyone else lost?
    I feel you. I mainly play Healer, yet I did also some tanking in Legion, just for fun.
    I have not tanked one single dungeon on BFA yet, and I cannot imagine tanking any of the dungeons in the future. It is way harder than Legion and more unforgiving.

I play most of the dungeons now with my best friend who plays tank. He is pretty good and we also communicate during the dungeon. However, there are a lot of situations where the DDs know it better than the tank and we get flamed at, cos "its not the way they know, or they wanna go". So it can be pretty disappointing being a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I feel you. I mainly play Healer, yet I did also some tanking in Legion, just for fun.
    I have not tanked one single dungeon on BFA yet, and I cannot imagine tanking any of the dungeons in the future. It is way harder than Legion and more unforgiving.
    Thats a very dark view of the current casual friendly game.

You can finish each week, every M-10 in time with tiny-baby-pulls. You don't have to shroud/do 1in100 pulls or whatever the next LFR-hero want to tell you in a dungeon.

If you are not intentionally prevent your DPS from doing damage (allow restalth for ASSA, stay in DnD for DK's etc.) there should be never a problem to time a simple 10 even when you don't know any of the speed-/big pulls.
    -

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    M+ Original Wailing Caverns, or M+ Original Maraudon!

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    M+ Original Wailing Caverns, or M+ Original Maraudon!
    Blackrock Depths. The whole dungeon, ALL the bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.