Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Jesus, the people on these threads. Such miserable wretches... It amazes me that some people still don't understand that plenty of players enjoy the Vanilla game play far more than the current version (and previous expansions) of the game. Sure, plenty of people only familiar with retail will try it, and plenty will hate it; that's ok. But there are thousands of people coming back to the game who haven't played in years due to one reason or another. People like me that hate how the game changed after BC/Wrath and is basically unrecognizable today.

Stop crying if you only want to play retail. You can play it, others can play Classic. The enjoyment of the people playing the other version should have zero to do with you enjoying the version you choose to play. Classic doesn't have to fail for people to still enjoy retail and retail doesn't have to tank to prove that Classic is awesome.

Requiring a subscription for Name Reservation is logical but requiring a subscription for the Beta isn't for 2 reasons:

1) you didn't have to have an active subscription for other WoW betas;

2) the % of active players who actually played Vanilla is likely less than 20% of the current player base. Beta testing Classic would be better done by people that actually played Classic.

Part of the reason why an active subscription wasn't needed in other WoW betas was that they wanted to entice you back by letting you see how 'great" the new expansion was. It's greedy and short sighted for them to exclude non-active subscriptions in this instance because the vast majority of the potential player base for Classic has been unsubscribed for a long time.

This is the first Classic news, besides not getting the original AV, that has me bummed. Just goes to show you how desperate a state of affairs Retail WoW is in if they are forcing you to subscribe to have a chance at Beta for Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    they are to dumb to realize this. You can remaster a game, but not a feeling

another thing people fail to realize is that this is a throwback to vanilla. Its not a wow restart. You get classic and nothing more. You won't get new content, new updates etc, Game has a rather limited lifespan
    I think everyone understands these points, and are okay with it.

It's their party, or will be in August. Let them have it. I have no interest in Classic, but who am I to pee on their parade? I'm curious to see how it plays out, but it has no impact on me whatsoever. I kind of get why people want it, and none of it is a 'problem" in any sense of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I think everyone understands these points, and are okay with it.

It's their party, or will be in August. Let them have it. I have no interest in Classic, but who am I to pee on their parade? I'm curious to see how it plays out, but it has no impact on me whatsoever. I kind of get why people want it, and none of it is a 'problem" in any sense of the word.
    It was never really my intention to pee on anyones parade. But im getting tired of the countless "Classic will kill retail" and all the bs about how classic will restart wow and how they expect new expansions and shit. Its getting bad, especially on reddit
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2019-05-15 at 12:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    15 dollars for classic is insane
    some of us dont care about retail
    you paid 15$ back in 2004, why is that outlandish now?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It was never really my intention to bee on anyone parade. But im getting tired of the countless "Classic will kill retail" and all the bs about how classic will restart wow and how they expect new expansions and shit. Its getting bad, especially on reddit
    Then why are you freaking reading wow info? your basically tired of people getting hyped over something they are / was passionate about. Just stop reading wow info and your better off then.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Then why are you freaking reading wow info? your basically tired of people getting hyped over something they are / was passionate about. Just stop reading wow info and your better off then.
    because i am also passionate about the current game ? Not something that was released 15 years ago. Its not like im lurking in the classic forum or searching for classic news. They keep popping up everywhere.

Don't pretend that there isn't classic will kill retail comments in more or less every bfa post
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2019-05-15 at 12:04 AM.

because i am also passionate about the current game ? Not something that was released 15 years ago. Its not like im lurking in the classic forum or searching for classic news. They keep popping up everywhere.

Don't pretend that there isn't classic will kill retail comments in more or less every bfa post
    Then leave it be, let the classic people be excited and stop letting their posts get to you. You can also be passionate about the current game, without getting irritated over people excited about Classic.

It was never really my intention to pee on anyones parade. But im getting tired of the countless "Classic will kill retail" and all the bs about how classic will restart wow and how they expect new expansions and shit. Its getting bad, especially on reddit
    But honestly, so what? Let them talk. It's their game to support, not mine. If they're right, they're right. If they're wrong, they're wrong.

It might be that I'm completely un-invested in anything Blizzard these days, but I honestly don't care, and I think there's enough people who honestly just want to try it, that I'm not gonna try and ruin it for them. I played classic, and enjoyed it. It's their turn.

Maybe I'm just mellowing in my old age, I just don't get fired up about WoW anymore, even to be snarky about Ion, which has been a guilty pleasure for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by athrun7189 View Post
    School?
    how can you still be in school and want to play wow classic?
    I am a teacher...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Never understand why people think WoW is the only MMO or go out of their way to make others look bad but /shrug.
    I think you missed the point, you are a fairly consistent user, you play ffxiv, dislike the current state of wow, mostly talk about XIV, but then say how you can't wait to play a REAL mmorpg with classic WoW.
    That is why I chuckled, it wasn't your point, it just sounds funny
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Never understand why people think WoW is the only MMO or go out of their way to make others look bad but /shrug.
    Oh the fucking irony.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    "Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account."

Subscription based beta test. Nice
    Didn't most people here already beta test this like 15 years ago? I will never understand the hype to play something from 15 years ago...to each their own I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Could you play any beta test of any x-pac without sub? Seriously curious, I never beta tested.
    As far as I know you could never beta test without a sub withthe exception of a few circmstances in WoD I believe.

And seriously, a business trying to get more active users. Is this all the hates have to go one anymore? Don't like it, don't test it.

H Y P E

Excited to play this alongside retail, started in BC so will be nice kind of experiencing the raids that I didn't during their time.

Sounds interesting and I can see why people are excited but I remember vanilla very well ...
    1. Takes forever to get from point A to B (time is money friend!)
    2. The gear look sux (except for thunderfury)
    3. The map is covered in areas where you can't go and elites everywhere that drop shitty stuff
    4. Hard to get a decent group (even for dungeons). Too many idiots pulling everything especially in scholo and strat
    5. Loot drama because of the RNG loot drop distribution
    Playing this would get old... it's like getting stuck in the Barrens or Desolace when everyone else moved on. Also, the 40-man raids... Good luck getting a group together. I hope it's the build where priests wanding Onyxia (happened to me a lot lol) took agro from the tank...
    On top of that, you have to pay?? Can normal WoW subscribers automatically play in the Classic servers?

LMAO August.

Nobody cares now, nobody will care then. For this to be successful it would have to launch DURING summer. Most of the people it's going to appeal to are in college, or work. Launching this when they AREN'T off? Stupid STUPID Blizzard.

Can't wait till this company goes under and the devs and incompetent losers running the show are homeless and starving.

What an awful fucking time to release the game.

RIP the university semester starting a few days after the fucking release. Guess I won't be able to relive classic.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    15 dollars for classic is insane
    some of us dont care about retail
    But it always costed 15 dollars p/m, so not sure what you're complaining about.
    See it then as the monthly sub for Classic without you touching Retail at all... problem solved...no?!

I would understand if the game would be for free,but to pay 13 EUR for the game with 2004 graphics and visuals? No,thanks. I played that game 13 years ago,not going to pay a cent for the sake of nostalgia. I can't wait when the people,who didn't actually play the game at that time,will flood the forums with complaints about how difficult is the game.