Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    #NoChanges #SomeChanges #OnlyMyChanges

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    That was because of World PvP, not because BG's lol.

Don't let your nostalgia glasses fool your memories.
    Yeah... except for the fact that hardcore pvpers did almost no WPVP because they didn't want to risk getting Dishonorables and tanking their weekly progress, not to mention the fact that they where completely tethered to the battlemaster NPCS (or before that the actual zone ins) and simply didn't actually have time to get anywhere worth WPvPing.

I can remember a good dozen names from pre-xrealm bgs to this day..... I don't remember any of the xrealm trash I've come across since, as there's literally no point in remembering someone you'll never see again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I started in april of 2006 and i can say without a doubt this is a good thing. Sure you might not see the same shaman that you have had countless duels with but the queue time reduction was a god send and people were extremely happy with this change in 2006.

IIRC my queue times on alliance anvilmar went from over an hour to sub 10 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only did i play during that time period, i knocked quite a few people off the leaderboard for grand marshall solo queueing lol. Xrealm bg's are a good thing and you still have the opportunity to see people from your server of course.

So what you're saying is, you where on an incredibly poorly balanced realm.... and rather than accepting the consequences for your own server choice vie eating the longer queus, rerolling a better balanced server, or transferring/at least advocating for blizz to allow transfers.... you instead did nothing but whine to blizzard, and then benefited from blizzard caving to QQ and bandaging over the problem rather than actually addressing the problem.

Something tells me your realm's population balance issue didn't exactly get better from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    Yeah... except for the fact that hardcore pvpers did almost no WPVP because they didn't want to risk getting Dishonorables and tanking their weekly progress, not to mention the fact that they where completely tethered to the battlemaster NPCS (or before that the actual zone ins) and simply didn't actually have time to get anywhere worth WPvPing.

I can remember a good dozen names from pre-xrealm bgs to this day..... I don't remember any of the xrealm trash I've come across since, as there's literally no point in remembering someone you'll never see again.

- - - Updated - - -

So what you're saying is, you where on an incredibly poorly balanced realm.... and rather than accepting the consequences for your own server choice vie eating the longer queus, rerolling a better balanced server, or transferring/at least advocating for blizz to allow transfers.... you instead did nothing but whine to blizzard, and then benefited from blizzard caving to QQ and bandaging over the problem rather than actually addressing the problem.

Something tells me your realm's population balance issue didn't exactly get better from this.
    Lots of realms were like that in 2006, thats why they implemented the xrealm queue my guy. Id be ok with them holding off on xrealm til later, but it will definitely be needed at some point.

Lots of realms were like that in 2006, thats why they implemented the xrealm queue my guy. Id be ok with them holding off on xrealm til later, but it will definitely be needed at some point.
    You fix population imbalance issues by addressing population imbalance issues..... not by removing the only penalty for being on a stacked realm. Xrealm was never "needed" until TBC split the pvp populations into more sub sections than a single realm could manage (via a 4th bg and 3 arena brackets)....

You fix population imbalance issues by addressing population imbalance issues..... not by removing the only penalty for being on a stacked realm. Xrealm was never "needed" until TBC split the pvp populations into more sub sections than a single realm could manage (via a 4th bg and 3 arena brackets)....
    You are making a lot of noise about something that is neither a change nor an objective negative. Im not only not mad about this but im excited for it, i loved spamming AV in 2006 as a rogue and solo capping towers, i get to relive that again 13 years later with the same short queue's

You are making a lot of noise about something that is neither a change nor an objective negative. Im not only not mad about this but im excited for it, i loved spamming AV in 2006 as a rogue and solo capping towers, i get to relive that again 13 years later with the same short queue's
    TBC era feature designed for TBC era content, BETA TESTED in vanilla, has no place in classic.....

and it's been an objective negative to pvp and server community since it was established...

Also... AV is being implemented as the 1.12 garbage fest that is nearly identical to the live game. They had a chance to put forth an earlier implementation where it was actually a war, instead of a joke of race, and they dropped the ball.... One of their numerous mistakes on this project already.

In summary, I disagree with the entirety of your post, and don't actually understand how you could have possibly come to the conclusions you have, while still being in favor of an authentic vanilla experience.

TBC era feature designed for TBC era content, BETA TESTED in vanilla, has no place in classic.....

and it's been an objective negative to pvp and server community since it was established...

Also... AV is being implemented as the 1.12 garbage fest that is nearly identical to the live game. They had a chance to put forth an earlier implementation where it was actually a war, instead of a joke of race, and they dropped the ball.... One of their numerous mistakes on this project already.

In summary, I disagree with the entirety of your post, and don't actually understand how you could have possibly come to the conclusions you have, while still being in favor of an authentic vanilla experience.
    I started WoW in 2006, i am getting the same game i remember 13 years later.....how is that not an authentic vanilla experience lol?

I think maybe you should stick to private servers bud, you clearly disagree with 2006 world of warcraft...which is what classic is.

I started WoW in 2006, i am getting the same game i remember 13 years later.....how is that not an authentic vanilla experience lol?

I think maybe you should stick to private servers bud, you clearly disagree with 2006 world of warcraft...which is what classic is.
    vanilla was 2004-2006... "bud".... the vast majority of vanilla did not have xrealm bgs, it was a tbc feature beta tested in the final patch of vanilla, in anticipation of a tbc launch. Maybe you should try learning about the things you speak, before you open your mouth about them.

I don't think the rank 14 players minded a slightly longer queue time. Keep in mind if you were PvP'ing for 16 hours a day, you do want some breaks in-between. If we get instant queues, that means no breaks in-between. How do these people even eat, go to bio breaks or take a bath now??? How do these people even sleep now?
    Last edited by Akasha64; 2019-05-15 at 03:04 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol people talking about reputation as if your reputation ever mattered in random battlegrounds. Anyone who says this is going to ruin it for them and they're not playing because of this was just looking for an excuse to back out imo.

Yeah as someone who did the PvP grind in vanilla I remember battleground queues so well, I read LotR in it's entirety over the course of a week or two just during battleground queues. So exciting.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

This will give people on pvp realms the upper hand, as they'll have the better pvp players for their teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    I don't think the rank 14 players minded a slightly longer queue time. Keep in mind if you were PvP'ing for 16 hours a day, you do want some breaks in-between. If we get instant queues, that means no breaks in-between. How do these people even eat, go to bio breaks or take a bath now??? How do these people even sleep now?
    It's their health, they are the ones that need to take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaz View Post
    Hi guys,

In the Tipsout's interview with the developers they confirmed that the battlegrounds in Classic WoW will be cross-realm. How do you guys feel about this. Don't you think it will take away a lot of the Horde vs Alliance atmosphere on each realm?

Essentially, in Vanilla WoW back in the day people could misbehave, under preform and all the toxicity was born with that patch. That's where it started to go downwards with the WoW Community.
    They were introduced in 1.12, so idk why this is news or why people are surprised by this.

Hmm maybe I should make a poll...what if the first week of every month battlegrounds weren't cross-realm?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

There is already going to be problems with player activity for most types of content.
    Without cross realm queues, getting rank 12 and higher is near impossible.

Most importantly, this is how it was in actual Classic, so nothing to discuss really.

I wish they would be more open to other types of cross realm stuff, because honestly, unless they do very few, very large realms, we will be looking at mergers this time next year without a doubt.

Not sure how anyone can be talking about "realm identity" when your realm has a damn good chance of not existing in a year thanks to what likely will be an unrivaled influx of people coming for launch and leaving before they make it to 60.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

This is a red line.

cross-realm is shit for WoW. It is top priority to build an in-game community. cross realm destroys the in-game community.

If this actually happens, it'll change my view of classic. This will damage classic greatly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Yeah as someone who did the PvP grind in vanilla I remember battleground queues so well, I read LotR in it's entirety over the course of a week or two just during battleground queues. So exciting.
    That's YOUR fault.

If you want to PvP in battlegrounds in vanilla, then you need to join a server where the queue pops regularly. There was options for that on both factions. The question is: why are you wasting all that time on a server where the queues are so long? It just makes you look dumb.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    God I forgot 1.12 added cross realm BGs. I was thinking it came with arenas in BC.

This is bad news for me. Not sure if I'll even touch PvP in Classic now, not to mention the significant impact this will have on server communities.
    I will PvP because I love it but the old school horde vs alliance on forums and IRC was so damn great. It made an incredible community. But we still get vanilla =) So I'm hyped.

vanilla was 2004-2006... "bud".... the vast majority of vanilla did not have xrealm bgs, it was a tbc feature beta tested in the final patch of vanilla, in anticipation of a tbc launch. Maybe you should try learning about the things you speak, before you open your mouth about them.
    Cross realm BGs were in Vanilla. You can whine that it was a beta test for TBC if you want but they were in 1.12 so I guess you really just didn't want authentic vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That's YOUR fault.

If you want to PvP in battlegrounds in vanilla, then you need to join a server where the queue pops regularly. There was options for that on both factions. The question is: why are you wasting all that time on a server where the queues are so long? It just makes you look dumb.
    This argument is being touted a bit so I'm interested what the practical solution is. Don't roll a character for the first 6 months of Classic until the emergent server populations have stabilised? How are you supposed to know at the point of character creation and server selection which is going to be the "right" one for keen PVPers. And how can you ensure it remains that way?

"You picked the wrong server so suck it up" is one of the most pathetic lines of reasoning I've seen; especially considering the rate at which you get to 60 compared to retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I do not care about PvP so whatever.

I think we gave it a good fight but Blizzard insists on sharding and cross realm in WoW Classic. I think its probably going to be a bust. But we kinda knew that going in I guess. Blizzard hasn't gotten it right for a very very long time. It was too much to ask for them to suddenly get it right in this moment. This news of cross realm takes any joy out of WoW classic I felt.

The reality is it will just get WORSE from here, not better. They will likely gradually increase the amount of cross realm and sharding in classic going forward. Its a waste of time.

Best to move on.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-05-15 at 06:19 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Safe to assume you don't actually have any practical solutions then, you just think anyone who's unlucky should just be unhappy. Can't say I'm surprised

EDIT: Damn son got yourself banned again for promoting Pirate servers. Lucky dodge eh ;p
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-05-15 at 06:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.