Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What is the point of it though? Woman physically are always going to be worse then men for that kind of work and given the difficulty of such a task why would you bother beyond pr points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Knowing Trump, he probably meant with an uppercut like Archie Bunker.
    That's Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason) from the Honeymooners, not Archie Bunker (Carrol O'Connor) from All In The Family.

Ralph from the Honeymooners was married to Alice and Archie was married to Edith
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Only because the NASA budget is abysmally low and has been for over 3 decades or more.
    Throwing money at problems is the wrong approach. Look at F-35. Or most modern military contracts. Add a few billions to SLS and Orion and the launch date won't move for an hour.

-

I highly doubt this will get the support it needs in Congress. Presidential requests don't matter any more.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you agree with this or think it's a waste of money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Why?

Do scientists believe something amazing will happen when the lunar surface encounters a vagina?
    Who we send back doesn't matter. What matters is sending people back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...re_of_the_Moon (The Moon is geologically active. There's a lot to learn about the internal functioning of planetary bodies, we need to install a network of modern seismometers, get drill samples etc.)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_...atform-Gateway

Returning to the Moon is essential. It is also essential we make it there before the Chinese do, who might catch up in this area a lot faster than we expect.

If sending a female scientist might score some political bonus points and extra support, good.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    That's Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason) from the Honeymooners, not Archie Bunker (Carrol O'Connor) from All In The Family.

Ralph from the Honeymooners was married to Alice and Archie was married to Edith
    Oh yeah, Jackie Gleason! That's the one.

10+ Year Old Account
    NASA previously set a goal to land American astronauts on the lunar surface by 2028 — which was declared “not good enough” by Vice President Pence in March during a National Space Council meeting. The vice president then challenged NASA to get humans to the moon within the next five years and said the space agency must meet the new deadline by “any means necessary.”
    I know Pence isn't a scientist or engineer, but does he really have to insist on being such a fucking idiot? If we are revisiting the moon then the absolute top priority should be safety, not some arbitrary timeline pulled out of the ass of our anti-science VPOTUS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Throwing money at problems is the wrong approach. Look at F-35. Or most modern military contracts. Add a few billions to SLS and Orion and the launch date won't move for an hour.

-

I highly doubt this will get the support it needs in Congress. Presidential requests don't matter any more.
    Considering that NASA is woefully underfunded, this is hardly "throwing money at a problem". The F35 program probably spent more money on lobbying than what NASA got in funding the past 10 years.

Haha... he keeps busting the bank!

It will be hilarious when the interest rates come in.

But, better to give it to Nasa than to the rich guys.

Eh the gender/sex of whomever visits the moon is meaningless to me. What would be the purpose of going this time?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

a man who identifies as a woman will be the first woman. they already shattering womens athletic records, why not be the first "woman" on the moon.

Ermagerd virtue signalling!

Am I doing it right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Considering that NASA is woefully underfunded, this is hardly "throwing money at a problem". The F35 program probably spent more money on lobbying than what NASA got in funding the past 10 years.
    Are there any public records of how much is spent on that kind of lobbying or is it all dark money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    Lol but not the moon race? Everyone knows this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik
    Who we send back doesn't matter. What matters is sending people back.
    Longer term it probably does though. Since women have been less involved, we don't have as much data about how conditions will effect them, but if we ever do try to expand beyond Earth women are going to need to be involved.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Why are we still enthusiastic about a program that's killed over 30 painfully expensive astronauts and crippled countless more?

I mean, the rich spend more on swinger rave orgies than they spend on public bullshit, so money isn't really a topic. But putting a man on the moon? Seriously?

Much spectacle, so wow. Do chase the NASA spotlight while you're being consumed.

Why?

Do scientists believe something amazing will happen when the lunar surface encounters a vagina?
    Of course, we have to answer such questions as: can a woman get her moonblood while on the moon?
    Does moonblood gain supernatural properties while on the moon? Etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trump would rather spend money on a moon landing than war in Iran, I'm all for it.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy there's going to be a uproar. No LGBTQRSTUVWXandsometimesY+-$* representation. Where's the diversity.

How about we try and get the US president to the moon for the first time ever.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why stop there let’s one up the men and land a woman on the sun!
    Only if it is Sarah Palin or Sarah Blergh Sanders...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why?

We don't know, SCIENCE!
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening