Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Build the Wall GoFundMe is likely a scam

SOURCE: Wall GoFundMe sponsor just paid for a ‘nearly’ $1 million yacht

A source close to the Florida man who raised over $22 million on GoFundMe in the “We The People Will Build the Wall” campaign just revealed today in their opinion money may be diverted to pay for a ‘million dollar’ yacht and high-flying lifestyle.

This article draws on the use of an anonymous source whose identity is being protected because they stepped forward to expose what they believe is a wrong-doing or possibly criminal fraud by the Wall GoFundMe campaign that received over 300,000 individual donations.***

That source is a known activist that is pro-Trump and has gone on Fox News for his bipartisan cause. The source told The Stern Facts that they “ironically” know Brian Kolfage, who built that Wall Go Fund Me page.

According to the source, Brian Kolfage personally confided that was “broke” last year after his “Right Wing News” empire—which the source was told was fake, but he never read—collapsed and Facebook “deplatformed” him.
    Kolfage only responded to this story after publication, and TSF has responded with a list of questions about his project and continues to investigate his reply.

That anonymous source shared an Instagram post highlighting Kolfage’s recent purchase of a fine seagoing vessel which they believe is “close to a million dollars.”

After Kolfage commented to this story, the source said, “Whether he ordered it last year with the year before is irrelevant it’s still nearly a million dollar boat. Those new toys are very expensive as is flying private. Where did he get the money if his business was destroyed by Facebook? ”
    https://thesternfacts.com/source-bui...l-72958836bd0c

Long article about this guy's history of crowdfunding scams:

https://theweirdturnprofessional.wor...scam-revealed/

Apparently the donors are unhappy to put it mildly:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-want-answers/

Who'd a thunk it? LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    What!? Noone would ever attempt to take advantage of the foolish and gullible!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Damn, why didn't I think of that

What!? Impossible, Republican voters being easily tricked to go against their self interest in order to line somebody else's pockets through fearmongering. That is like telling me the sun rises in the East and sets in the West just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Looks like we have a future GOP nominee on our hands.
    I wtb a like function so badly.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Well it isn't hard to scam Republican voters just play into their fears. The easiest way is to say scary brown people are coming for them and they will gladly drown you in piles of cash. You can also use gay people and female reproductive rights aka abortions as other popular ways to scam Republican voters.

Honestly, why do we even bother. Scamming right wingers is the future!!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I often think to myself that there's a lot of money to be made off gullible Trump supporters, if I can just stomach being evil for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I often think to myself that there's a lot of money to be made off gullible Trump supporters, if I can just stomach being evil for a while.
    Ah see that is your first mistake you fail to think like a Republican. As long as you allow empathy and sympathy to creep into your mind then you can't climb over everyone else to get rich.

15+ Year Old Account
    Scamming idiots?
    I dont see anything wrong with this.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Wetness is a feature of water.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Only one thing to say here:

It's why garbage like mega churches exist that preach prosperity gospel to these people and thrive. They're easily conned and why resident trump exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yet water isn't wet ... people being scammed over something that was already a scam - so meta

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What if he actually tried to give the money over for the wall but they refused because of all the legal issues concerning it. Does he have to return the donations? If not, it wouldn’t be a scam, right?
    I think his plan that he was going to use the money to actually build some of the wall himself. I've read that he's still claiming he's going to do it but doesn't want to tell anyone where and do it secretly cause the ebil libruls will show up to try and stop them. My guess is if he does anything now to try and avoid being labeled a fraud/scammer is he'll throw up a couple hundred yards of chain link fence with constatina wire for a few grand and say see money well spent. Meanwhile putting the down payment on the new pent house condo in Costa Rico.

10+ Year Old Account
    22 million dollars?

People sure are gullible.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

That boat does not look like it's worth $1 million.

Also, a fool and his money are soon parted.

That'll show those darn libtards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone call Kitboga, there are scammers to bait!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but water is not wet.

When the gofundme page broke news, there was a lot of discussion (here and elsewhere) that it was likely a scam and a fake given his history. Technically he is supposed to give the money back if he cannot complete his mission with what was raised, but he is allowed to attempt to complete as much as possible. There is little oversight given to the people who run these campaigns, so unless someone turns him in, he will likely get away with whatever scam.

In the original page, he specifically added the clause that allows him to hold the money indefinitely and use it to finance any endeavor he feels necessary to accomplish the stated mission, in the case that Congress does not pass legislation allowing the donation. That was the biggest red flag, since the page went up only after the house flipped, when you could be sure such legislation would not pass.

Glad to see someone is watching out for these kinds of people.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis