Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just no.

- R. A. Kotick

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    Blizzard's response to additional level 60 content for Classic WoW..

"Anything is on the table. This is a love letter to our fans. If the fans have a desire for something, it would absolutely be considered. We're certainly not planning to do that today, but if people want more, we can talk about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

- Patrick Dawson, Production Director Classic WoW

Source:
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/b...ew-impressions
    Hell yes! Now I am even more hyped!

Maybe complete some zones that werent deliver. Maybe have a Classic Mount Hyjal.

Something everyone who knew what OSRS was knew this was going to be considered. My guess is that since the purist crowd of WoW exists that Blizzard may separate the pure server from the additional content servers. Maybe not though, as when any additions happen to Classic it may be already washed over with people who aren't as insanely purist like a few people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Ya, realistically making new content for this is just a bad idea.
    They should be spending any development costs they have on the actual live progression game.

When classic has run its course, release TBC and offer an optional character transfer to a TBC only realm or something.

Otherwise, they would likely have to rebalance the entire game just to make what ever new stuff they release be appropriately difficult for people who have been farming naxx forever AND for people who haven't to have something to actually do.

Where would it even be, if they did make new content?
    Classic wow should be able to use it's own funds and has a separate development team. it's also older and probably easier to update because the quality bar is much lower. Tbc can get it's on team and budget than do the samething. I can't wait for a mop realm with updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Maybe complete some zones that werent deliver. Maybe have a Classic Mount Hyjal.
    Hellfire and Emerald dream were originally plan to be in classic. Grim batol as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemonic22 View Post
    No major feelings if they don't add anything to Classic; but I'd hope they'd go right into BC (depending on the success of Classic).

However, if they added stuff, I've brought it up elsewhere but honestly I'd love to see additions to the game that create more incentive for people to participate in events out in the world. I bring up new world bosses, world events and world PvP objectives similar to the towers in EPL or Hellfire. Things that would pop up randomly but give fun cosmetic rewards, maybe a mount, if you participate in them. Add in World Bosses that could spawn in literally anywhere. That would be hilarious and endlessly entertaining. If they go this direction I would have no problem seeing new World Bosses or World Events similar to the Pre-Wrath Scourge Invasion, or the Twilight Cultist/Elemental objectives that pop up randomly throughout the world. Little things like that would keep the game feeling fresh for a long time.

Other than that, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a new progression through the game. F Outlands and keep the next "expansion" on Azeroth and with only ground mounts. Kara, ZA, Caverns of Time, Sunwell, Hyjal, Uldum etc. There is so much land on Azeroth that could be revamped to give additional content but keep the Vanilla feel.

I'm not going to hold my breath but there is plenty of zones where new content could be added to previous zones we saw in Cata. If they chose a bold new revamp to previous content with a new story, I'd be all about it. I'd rather see Blizz stay away from other expansions where flying became a thing.
    They can create a separate team for tbc aren't they just updating code at this point or is it from scratch.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice.
    Hopefully..
    dwarf shamans and forsaken dark paladins (same skills as paladins, but with shadowy spell visuals and names)
    and the most needed thing in pre-cata wow.. transmog and barber.

i hope the content is about undead and the old gods.
    or just caverns of time. or maybe undermine. or the forbidding sea.
    or we even go to the moon(elune).
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-05-15 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see them work through the cut content. That's a lot of work and would take a lot of development though so I expect we'll just see additional servers for TBC/WotLK added down the road. Still it'd be interesting to see their original vision for WoW.

"Anything is on the table. This is a love letter to our fans. If the fans have a desire for something, it would absolutely be considered. We're certainly not planning to do that today, but if people want more, we can talk about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

Source:
    This is what we call "the kind decline" in the business world. The answer is neither positive, nor negative. The aim is not to engage into responsibility, and in the same time shut your mouth for the time being, while having you keep your hopes up still. When the time comes and they see it's not worthwile, they can safely say "we never confirmed 101%" and come out of the situation hands clean.

7+ Year Old Account
    Please, don't forget this
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    (but don't forget that Classic and BC also had symptoms of too protracted "content" cycle in form of content/balance changes released near Naxx and Sunwell;
    ---
    don't read that they were bad, they were surplus for current content, and therefore required significant changes to progressive "finished" part of released content (such game mechanics as threat, stat growth and balance of progress), they could for example be separated by a pair of levels (real char.lvls) both in complexity (performance/characteristics requirements) and progress from current content instead of rebalance and catch-up mechanic (they mostly were rushed), but unsuccessful levels distribution as such is a separate topic
    ---

but if it was closer to the end of the cycle in previous times, then WotLK have began it even before its middle: inflation and rush, this is something that should have sobered up developers with sufficient critical thinking, but vice versa scared them and they began to cut content on the move)
    when you discuss such questions.

Classic, as well as its continuation in form of TBC, had certain sequence, stages of following/developing expansion (progress and story, fortunately this is almost same concept for Classic) therefore such additions can lead to quite specific consequences. If you look closely, you will see them even in what is already there, its stuff you debated all this time. Talents/threat balance before and after Naxxramas, number of debuffs, etc. Feel where I'm getting you at?

And now add here another 1 "Naxx-alike" stage, where'd you appear after this? Considering all filthy technologies used by main devs' team, I very much doubt their ability to even think in such “old” categories, since they're clearly unable to see game in any other way. But who else would do this work then?

ps. I'd love to see, of course, what they can offer, but not at such price... just not like this.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-05-15 at 06:40 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

I can live with small changes like:

1. Finish zones with new quests and interesting green/blue items vanilla like.

2. Easter eggs with chests, riddles and fragments of things to come in future expansions (journals of opening dark portal, the return of the Lich King ect)

3. Hardcore mode on bosses like in Ulduar with upgraded epics in order to fix bad itemisation and offspecs (maybe expand set bonuses).

4. Rare spawns, rare hunter pets, rare loot, summoned mini bosses.

I DONT want to see new content, new raids and new battlegrounds.

Source:
    You're taking what was said out of context, they're referring to BC and Wrath additions as new servers, not additional content for lv60 content itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

This is likely a "testing the waters" kinda thing. If people are fiercely opposed to it they'll back away, but very likely if the classic content well runs dry they may consider adding some minor side content.

My immediate thought was some new battlegrounds or another 20m raid, but I guess we'll see. I'm not totally opposed to it but I'd like it to add to the experience, not redirect players to different stuff. Blizzard struggles with that in modern WoW so I don't know how much faith I have with them not making the same mistakes for this. Can they really get into the heads of the old Classic WoW design and create new content with that similar design mindset?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The thing is:

What makes you think that the devs, who now make a game that you guys hate with a passion could do new Classic content justice?
    Damn. You're totally right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Ya, realistically making new content for this is just a bad idea.
    They should be spending any development costs they have on the actual live progression game.

When classic has run its course, release TBC and offer an optional character transfer to a TBC only realm or something.

Otherwise, they would likely have to rebalance the entire game just to make what ever new stuff they release be appropriately difficult for people who have been farming naxx forever AND for people who haven't to have something to actually do.

Where would it even be, if they did make new content?
    Bad idea is to spend more resources on current dieing modern game. Hope classic will be wake up call for Blizz and moder game will see big shift in desing.

Meh. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

It won't happen. It's just easy bait. Either they Split the few people who passed the first ten levels without uninstalling that thing with a separated bc server.
    Or they anger people "it's not classic, blizzard kill babies" people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Doubt.

I imagine Mr. Gallagher was confused about them possibly bringing back Burning Crusade. New content violates the core pillar of Authenticity expressed by the lead devs.
    Devs have nothing to say about this. If Classic proves to bring a lot of money they will be forced to create content for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    /rubs chin

Karazhan was originally planned for Classic.
    I believe there was a proto-version of Hellfire Peninsula too...
    Last edited by Chonar; 2019-05-15 at 08:25 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

5+ Year Old Account
    OHHH YES PLEASE!!!

I don't want TBC or Wrath, I played those and they are nothing like Vanilla. They are the beginning of the long road of casualization and decline!

I want to play Vanilla and when Naxxramas is cleared I want new raids and dungeons and quests, but with the classic game design! No welfare epics, no flying, no hallway dungeons with 3 bosses only, no Dungeon finder and all that disgusting nonsense!

Only Vanilla.

Fingers crossed that we'll get our glorious reboot. WoW 2.0. The real WoW, not the casual joke it became! I'd be okay with them adding Blood Elves or Draenei or new races eventually, but don't change the game design philosophy and give us original content after Naxx is done.

That would literally be a dream come true. I'd be willing to spend over a 100 bucks a month to be allowed to play this, not joking.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-05-15 at 08:38 AM.

people are getting a bit over eager tbh.

lets see how classic will turn out, how long it will hold players attention and how long the servers will have a healthy population.

after that, you can argue about new content, tbc, etc.