Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fk yes! I'd never move from TBC. Perfection

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be super keen for TBC and WotLK, but I personally would probably stop after that.

TBC improved so many things from Classic imho, even if they were controversial at the time. Class design in particular took a MASSIVE leap forward. It went from most specs being outright worthless to most specs actually being useful. I think raiding was at an all-time peak in TBC too, with group synergy within raids actually meaning something, and an excellent mix of challenging raids and casual ones (Kara/ZA).

I'd actually rather they made an alternative universe that doesn't follow TBC/WOTLK per say but different additions in the spirit of classic game design.\

That's impossible though so TBC/WOTLK it is!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure yet if this is good news or bad news.

We will need clarification if Classic will remain as is or "move on".

Hopefully, if and when TBC Legacy launches, our characters will be... either brand new, or copies of our Vanilla Classic characters.
    And not the Classic game moving on to become TBC.

If they are planning on progressing Vanilal to TBC and onward.. i will not waste a single minute to play it.
    Same goes for TBC->WotLK and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Not sure yet if this is good news or bad news.

We will need clarification if Classic will remain as is or "move on".

Hopefully, if and when TBC Legacy launches, our characters will be... either brand new, or copies of our Vanilla Classic characters.
    And not the Classic game moving on to become TBC.

If they are planning on progressing Vanilal to TBC and onward.. i will not waste a single minute to play it.
    Same goes for TBC->WotLK and so on.
    Lol yea but of course they wont do that, itll have to be a seperate server entirely and then the ability to copy over our character without removing it from classic servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I'd be super keen for TBC and WotLK, but I personally would probably stop after that.

TBC improved so many things from Classic imho, even if they were controversial at the time. Class design in particular took a MASSIVE leap forward. It went from most specs being outright worthless to most specs actually being useful. I think raiding was at an all-time peak in TBC too, with group synergy within raids actually meaning something, and an excellent mix of challenging raids and casual ones (Kara/ZA).
    Yea i dont think theres a valid argument for continuing after wotlk cuz cata is closer to modern wow than it is to the original trilogy vanilla tbc wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    TBC would be my favorite.
    Same here. TBC was peak Shaman. Would love to return to that.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    When WotLK servers are finally out, people will go "This shit ruined WoW, every n00b has the best gear and we faceroll 5 mans. There is no community because of LFG. Can't wait for Cata servers".

And I will be all like "Looks like it is 2008 all over again"

Then ....years later, I guess we will see how people are excited that on August 27th 2029 the "Pristine Classic Servers" start
    Cata is what ruined wow beyond wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    i would like tbc and wotlk but without flying, lol
    I bet you'll really enjoy Storm Peaks and Ice Crown with no flying...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The problem with TBC is that it started with something close to Vanilla design with many improvements and some flawed design, but ended with being nearly WotLK. It's an expansion which made a U-turn in design philosophy during its lifetime, so it's hard to say if I would be hyped for it or frustrated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    People since 2008 and before all have their own unique ideas (and not so unique) ideas on what "ruined" WoW.

I never get tired of linking this gem: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-m...-wow-25902237/.
    Breaking news : people have different opinions !
    Even today, you'll find people who will praise BfA and people who say it's the worst add-on ever. It has happened on every single add-on since the beginning of WoW, and every product since the beginning of time.

It's statistical/global movements which are telling, not opinion pieces.

MoP or TBC ohh please god haha PVP expansions !!

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, this should end at TBC. It down hill after that

okay so apparently we have people who think that TBC was the worst and wrath is right up there with WoD, fucking avengers man, thanos was so right holy shit

old games are old
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    I'm not interested about classic servers, but I'm in for TBC, Cata and MoP servers.
    and the best thing is you will have the cataclysm server all to yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    I would looooove tbc and wrath. I'd also love MoP, but I feel like there wouldn't be enough interest in post-wrath servers.

If they ever did TBC and Wrath they would have to be their own servers again, wouldn't they?

Isn't the whole point of classic wow for the people who wanted classic to be able to play it non stop until wow is done? Not a whole, alright two years is up we are moving onto TBC then we will get the whole we want classic back, TBC is too simple

Another vote for tBC. I want to replay the sPriest mana battery and the StunJugg of arms warrior PvP. The one and only change I'd implement to tBC is nixxing the flying mounts. Put in more FP, idc but getting that extra axis of movement started the death of wPvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by force18 View Post
    If they ever did TBC and Wrath they would have to be their own servers again, wouldn't they?

Isn't the whole point of classic wow for the people who wanted classic to be able to play it non stop until wow is done? Not a whole, alright two years is up we are moving onto TBC then we will get the whole we want classic back, TBC is too simple
    It would be nice to allow a one way transfer from the Classic servers to tBC.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

5+ Year Old Account
    I want WoW 2.0. I want them to expand the content of Classic once enough time has passed after the release of Naxxramas.

Quoting myself from another thread:

They could make you go to 70. It's just a number.

They could even add Elves and Draenei, they're just races.

What matters is that the spirit of Vanilla WoW remains with any new addition. After Naxx hell they could make you go to Outland, but it would be Vanilla Outland, not TBC Outland. No flying mounts. Instead of a dungeon like Hellfire Ramparts, a hallway with 3 bosses and only one way to go, you get Hellfire Citadel as a dungeon, with 10 bosses and a non linear dungeon. A huge sprawling maze like UBRS, BRD, Scholomance etc. No 20 min 'heroic' hallway dungeons! A real dungeon!

Instead of killing off Illidan and Kael'thas they could come up with a real story. Instead of 25 man raids they'd keep them at 40. Instead of adding arena and welfare epics, they stick with battlegrounds and the original honor system. Instead of adding badge welfare gear, epics remain epic.

You get the idea.

The fact of the matter is retail WoW (bfa) is no longer popular. According to various sites that track player numbers it's below one million. That number is not going to go higher any time soon. What this game needs is a return to its roots and a reboot. Classic could be the beginning of a whole new, magical journey! Imagine 2 years from now you venture to Outland, remade with modern graphics and coupled with the vanilla game design. Wouldn't that be epic?

Also I'd like to add that if we eventually get to a new Northrend, I remember one of their biggest regrets during the Wrath development was stated to be that they did not make Azjol-Nerub into its own zone. A reboot of this kind would allow them to fix all their mistakes and regrets.

i'm def all in for no flying for bc/wotlk... disable those motherfucking... 8)

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I don't want TBC or WOTLK. I want new content after Vanilla, but with the vanilla game design.

Hallway dungeons and aoe spamming (in wrath dungeons)? Flying? Naxx rehash? No thanks!

Compared to Vanilla both BC and Wrath are rather lackluster and the beginning of the death by a thousand cuts that this game has suffered in terms of quality.
    I'm with this guy. I want dungeons to be a crawl. Something like BRD used to be or BRS.

I wish Blizz would scrap the whole M+ timer thing, which incentivizes AOE rushing. Litter bosses in random areas with random trash packs, obstacles and puzzles in maze type dungeons with multiple paths. Have the reward based off of completion % instead of speed.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me