Hoping with the upcoming combat changes that Flash gets replaced by Total Eclipse. Then give DRK it's potency back on Unleash and all 3 tanks become a bit more tolerable at early level.

Unrelated, I completed one of my long outstanding goals of obtaining all 8 of the Blessed DoH tools. Took better part of 2 months, though. Just have the FSH one left, but I've been on a big of a Frontline binge last couple of days, mostly to get the last hairstyle they added (plus a couple other items I want to get from there).

Also hoping the incoming 4.58 patch nerfs Hydatos. I think I'll start running Eureka to cap tomes and get another Eureka weapon or two before ShB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You should never be spamming Flash hard. It's an AoE threat yes but it places you at the top of the list. So 1 hit on another mob you usually lose emnity.
    No, not how it works. You can flash a few times and go semi AFK, done it myself plenty of times in low level dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    My biggest issue with healing in FFXIV is most of the time, you're supposed to help DPS stuff. I'm not a fan of that. I like the healer role to be "do your damn best to make sure nobody dies", like in WoW, rather than "throw a heal here and there but really spend most of your time tickling the boss to help raid DPS" like in FFXIV.
    Even during early progression you will find windows to DPS.
    Basically you DPS whenever you would be standing around doing nothing. The better your group gets at a fight, the more you would stand around twiddling your thumbs. Filling that space with damage casts is the logical thing to do.

No one expects you to DPS when heal is needed. They merely expect you to not stand around doing NOTHING while waiting for some damage to come in. ESP in dungeons. Ugh. I don't get it how players manage to stand around looking dumb 75% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Also hoping the incoming 4.58 patch nerfs Hydatos. I think I'll start running Eureka to cap tomes and get another Eureka weapon or two before ShB.
    Was in Pagos yesterday. 14 whopping people.
    Yeah I guess no relic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No, not how it works. You can flash a few times and go semi AFK, done it myself plenty of times in low level dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically you DPS whenever you would be standing around doing nothing. The better your group gets at a fight, the more you would stand around twiddling your thumbs. Filling that space with damage casts is the logical thing to do.

No one expects you to DPS when heal is needed. They merely expect you to not stand around doing NOTHING while waiting for some damage to come in. ESP in dungeons. Ugh. I don't get it how players manage to stand around looking dumb 75% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Was in Pagos yesterday. 14 whopping people.
    Yeah I guess no relic for me.
    That's wild, considering it's been nerfed into the dirt now (which it needed to be). I haven't set foot in it since our DC split up, but I've seen plenty of people in linkshells and friend list in there.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Exactly, and that was my issue. Yeah, I did the DPS when I wasn't healing, but I'd far prefer it if the game kept forcing me to heal. I picked a healer job, after all. These days I just play DPS, at least then I get to fully focus on what's in the actual job description

which way is faster for leveling? spamming highest level dungeon available or using random dungeon roulette?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    which way is faster for leveling? spamming highest level dungeon available or using random dungeon roulette?
    Highest Level dungeon, but you should be doing your roulettes once a day regardless. Specifically Leveling and Alliance roulette. Main Scenario roulette is also good for xp but requires you to put up with 45~min dungeons.

Also notable exceptions are 50-51 and 60-61. Generally do not want to do 50/60 dungeons, as the xp given is not that good compared to what Aurum Vale/Gubal Library give.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2019-05-14 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Exactly, and that was my issue. Yeah, I did the DPS when I wasn't healing, but I'd far prefer it if the game kept forcing me to heal. I picked a healer job, after all. These days I just play DPS, at least then I get to fully focus on what's in the actual job description
    I quite like alternating between the two in savage but then again, I am the main healer of my group, so my SCH partner gets to DPS more than I do.
    I agree that incoming damage is pathetic in non savage content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    That's wild, considering it's been nerfed into the dirt now (which it needed to be). I haven't set foot in it since our DC split up, but I've seen plenty of people in linkshells and friend list in there.
    Beats me, maybe it was the time of day. Will check again at weeks end.

I quite like alternating between the two in savage but then again, I am the main healer of my group, so my SCH partner gets to DPS more than I do.
    I agree that incoming damage is pathetic in non savage content.

- - - Updated - - -

Beats me, maybe it was the time of day. Will check again at weeks end.
    Was on Light at peak time and Pagos was fairly populated.

Surprised it's not now since Fate training can net you a full 9 crystals and then some.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Now healing, that's a role I don't understand how anyone can perform in XIV with the dreaded 2.5s GCD. If I decide to cast anything besides a heal, even an instant ability, by the time the GCD is over there's someone who is almost or already dead. It's maddening.
    That's because Tanking isn't as Basic as you say and Bad tanks will cause Healer Stress. Healing is a breeze if you have a semi-competent tank in FF14. I literally spend more time casting Malefic than I do Benefic on my AST simply due to the large amount of downtime I have between keep people healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    That's because Tanking isn't as Basic as you say and Bad tanks will cause Healer Stress. Healing is a breeze if you have a semi-competent tank in FF14. I literally spend more time casting Malefic than I do Benefic on my AST simply due to the large amount of downtime I have between keep people healed.
    Same on my AST. Or any healer for that matter. Hell with Scholar in dungeons I can literally spend time doing AoE and Miasma 2 spam.

In raids as long as people don't eat a lot of stuff consistently I just pop regens on people with WHM and get back to Stone spam.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Roulette first then highest level dungeon. The bonus from the roulette is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    That's because Tanking isn't as Basic as you say and Bad tanks will cause Healer Stress. Healing is a breeze if you have a semi-competent tank in FF14.
    Definitely.
    Good CD rotations are awesome and raidtanks are easy to heal in dungeons due to gear alone.

I'm told the Yuna & Tidus outfits are now on the mog station. Took a long while, but those who have complained about it can finally get them.

I'm assuming the Cloud haircut that was a reward for art contest winners will go in when VII Remake launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm told the Yuna & Tidus outfits are now on the mog station. Took a long while, but those who have complained about it can finally get them.

I'm assuming the Cloud haircut that was a reward for art contest winners will go in when VII Remake launches.
    Maybe we'll get a SOLDIER outfit to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    We already get the FF7: Advent Children Cloud outfit through veteran rewards (specifically the 60 days).

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...teran_rewards/

Were you referring to a different, more specific gear set?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    We already get the FF7: Advent Children Cloud outfit through veteran rewards (specifically the 60 days).

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...teran_rewards/

Were you referring to a different, more specific gear set?
    The OG FF7 outfit, specifically:

10+ Year Old Account
    glad to finally hit this milestone, now its cruise time with the simple moogle and namazu only, freed up 6 allowances for anything else, might finally max out anahtta and get that gold emote before SHB

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love an Aerith Mock-up

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBH All I want is Zack's Hairstyle and I'd be fine forever on FF7 additions.

There are some that are close but not quite.

The OG FF7 outfit, specifically:

That would be my assumption of the primary addition for a VII tie in. Cloud's hair is already in XIV, but I'd expect it added to mog station since it was a contest reward from Fan Fest.

I could see the Buster Sword going in for DRKs as another MGP sink as well.

I originally thought Cloud and Aerith, but since Lightning could wear the SOLDIER uniform in Lightning Returns, I expect there would be some demand for the uniform to be available to both genders whereas a Cloud & Aerith release would likely make each gender locked.