Poll: Your main class in classic?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Surprised to see rogue lagging behind, I thought it would be one of the most popular choices.
    The people who visit this forum are not the same 13 year olds who want to play a Forsaken Male Rogue with an edgy name.

That aside, I have no clue. I am tempted to stay with my age old tribute to Ret Paladin and how it routinely upsets people that they exist - but I also kind of like to play a healer again as well. I might just make both on my Paladin or create a Priest and a Paladin.

Surprised to see rogue lagging behind, I thought it would be one of the most popular choices.
    You’re very right rogues saturate the census on private severs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue and hunter for sure. Kind of learning towards Warlock as I've been playing them a bit on private and I forgot how fun and easy of a time leveling is for them.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    The people who visit this forum are not the same 13 year olds who want to play a Forsaken Male Rogue with an edgy name.
    Well I was planning on calling mine Shâdówzqt but now I'm not so sure...

Trying a hunter!

Once a shaman, always a shaman. I don't care about doomsayers going on about how you can only play warrior/mage/rogue/priest - I'm in it for the fun, not the min/maxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Well I was planning on calling mine Shâdówzqt but now I'm not so sure...
    If you're quick enough you can get it without the weird symbols...

Yeah let's be real, someone is using macros to constantly try and login and beat you to it.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Warrior, but not because I'm jumping on the "OMG WARRIORS ARE SO OP IN CLASSIC!!!1111" bandwagon. I've mained a warrior for almost 14 years now, and it's the main class I like to play.

I enjoyed my rogue back in vanilla, I'll give it another go and see if I can recapture that magic

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll main warlock and make a rogue alt later on. If they do TBC and we get to transfer chars, then I'll probably level an Spriest towards the end as well.

I wonder how many people actually know how those classes were back then.
    I mean saying ret paladin is nice and all, but do they really know you were basicly auto attacking 80% of the time with 1 other skill? On top of that, the dps wasn’t that great too. I played a ret pally sometime in 2004-2005, but that’s because i didn’t know any better.

The same with all the hybrid classes: feral druid, balance druid, shadow priest, elemental shaman, and so on. Those had kinda bad dps and very few skills.
    I think alot of people will be in for a surprise.
    Last edited by Pufster; 2019-05-15 at 01:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have agonized for months on this. I know my first 2 will be druid and lock.
    To me the smart thing to do is lock first with tailoring/enchanting. The free mount and ability to make bags and farm mara/dm will be the smartest thing to get my anchored.
    Yet druid is my favorite. I don't have the ability to freely raid because of having to watch my 2 year old and druid gives me the ability to do all 5 and 10 man content well at any role, mainly tank. This is what I will be doing with most my time as well as BGs when they launch. Raiding will be very niche but I am hoping to do more since inevitably raiding will be far more accessible with the mindset of current player base and their endgame focus.
    What sucks is I am going herb/enchanting on druid for smoking heart of the mountain. I guess the logical thing to do is swap professions after making trinket and send banked mats to lock. Even though I know leveling lock first is smart choice...I will level druid first.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    If you're quick enough you can get it without the weird symbols...

Yeah let's be real, someone is using macros to constantly try and login and beat you to it.
    If I don't get Bob I'm gonna be upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf Hunter.

I played a Nigh Elf hunter alt in vanilla but only as a twink, until WotLK when I actually decided to level it all the way. I missed out so much in vanilla as a hunter that I wanna go all the way this time. Plus seeing how hunters have changed since Vanilla I do miss the RP aspects and wanted to see if it was as good as I remember or it really was rose tinted glasses. We'll see I guess
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Played a dps/ret pally all of vanilla. I won't be making that mistake again, I don't think.

People didn't really know better back then, but yikes hybrids were bad for dps. Very few dps skills, poor dps on top of that.

Druid. I won't be aiming for any hardcore endgame content, so druid seems like a good choice. Wanted to try out healing too.

Alternatively, mage (or rogue or warlock if I go Horde).

15+ Year Old Account
    Undead Mage, Enchanting/Tailoring.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    I wonder how many people actually know how those classes were back then.
    I mean saying ret paladin is nice and all, but do they really know you were basicly auto attacking 80% of the time with 1 other skill? On top of that, the dps wasn’t that great too. I played a ret pally sometime in 2004-2005, but that’s because i didn’t know any better.

The same with all the hybrid classes: feral druid, balance druid, shadow priest, elemental shaman, and so on. Those had kinda bad dps and very few skills.
    I think alot of people will be in for a surprise.
    Elemental Shaman and Shadow Priest were great in PvP. Shadow Priest is one of the strongest PvP specs in the game.

RSham HPriest or Huntard
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Prot Warrior. Was always in awe of tanks back in the Vanilla and BC days. Time to go full Group Dad mode.