The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of hope in the next expansion/patches the Leveilleur twins grow into adults. It feels weird having the fate of the World getting negotiated by Teens.

Also, Alisaie is best girl. Don't @ me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    The OG FF7 outfit, specifically:

Yeah that would be pretty sweet. There are a couple glams I've seen as a mish-mash of things that actually come close to this, but not quite.

Looking forward to the FF7 remake, if only to re-experience the story in a new way. I just hope the action gameplay isn't as flat as FFXV was, but action RPG game play is fun for me.

OT: Been on the waiting list for the physical collectors edition of Shadowbringers for like 3 months now, anyone that was on the waiting list get a link to buy? Getting kinda worried I won't get it it in time and have to buy the normal edition to get access at launch and then get the collectors afterward....if that's even a thing they'll do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I kind of hope in the next expansion/patches the Leveilleur twins grow into adults. It feels weird having the fate of the World getting negotiated by Teens.

Y'shtola is best IMO, but Alisaie is up there. At least as far as the main characters go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Y'shtola is best IMO, but Alisaie is up there. At least as far as the main characters go.
    This. Shtola is awesome. Esp in the Azim Steppe.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you want Kan E-Senna to mature as well?

Considering a lot of anime, teens being involved at the top isn't all that unusal. Hell, pretty much every feemale character looks like they're in their 20s.
    Matoya excluded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    This. Shtola is awesome. Esp in the Azim Steppe.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering a lot of anime, teens being involved at the top isn't all that unusal. Hell, pretty much every feemale character looks like they're in their 20s.
    Matoya excluded.
    Well....Kan-E-Senna isn't a teenager, she's 28. Also kind of...can't mature since she's a padjal and they stop aging at like 11-16.

Probably won't happen unless they do a time skip, not much time has actually passed in universe since the start of ARR. Less than a year I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Well....Kan-E-Senna isn't a teenager, she's 28. Also kind of...can't mature since she's a padjal and they stop aging at like 11-16.
    That was sarcasm, my dear.

Thought Kan E-Senna is a few hundred years old similar to E-Sumi-Yan that leads the Druids guild?

Thought Kan E-Senna is a few hundred years old similar to E-Sumi-Yan that leads the Druids guild?
    I don't think their ages are ever directly state, like E-Sumi-Yan has been "leading the guild for decades". One can assume though that they are all in their latter half of the double digits if not into the hundreds.

15+ Year Old Account

*Shrug* I mean I can understand their want to see adult twins, and Kan-E-Senna isn't really that good of a comparison imo because she has a reason for not aging and she biologically isn't a teen. Either way, no Kan-E-Senna and her siblings are in their 20s, A-Ruhn-Senna being 18. We know their ages because of the lorebook.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2019-05-15 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How lame.
    But fitting, considering nearly every anime has some school kiddo save the world.
    Japanese audience must somehow like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, most of the FFXIV cast is in their 20s+. Alphinaud and Alisiae are kind of the exceptions. Nanamo is pretty much one of the few others who's fairly young, being 21 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still it's odd that we don't see more older people in power. Guess in Eorzea most peeps get grilled before they can get old.

I'm contemplating whether I should buy the Yuna dress-up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still it's odd that we don't see more older people in power. Guess in Eorzea most peeps get grilled before they can get old.

I'm contemplating whether I should buy the Yuna dress-up.
    But...we do? Raubahn is 44, Merlwyb is 42, Aymeric is 32, Lolorito is 64! Most of the Scions are either in mid to late 20s or 30s, Merlwyb's 2nd in command is 58. Unless by "more older" you mean like 60+ then I'll concur. Getting to that age is kind tough given that Eorzea is kind of a rough place to live what with voidsent, primals and what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Raubahn is 44, Merlwyb is 42, Aymeric is 32, Lolorito is 64!
    I suspected dear Raubahn to be of the somewhat older caliber but he certainly doesn't look it, neither do the others.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Matoya excluded.
    Kan E-Senna at least looks like a young Woman. Not a Teenager. The Twins could still look Young without being 4ft tall. It would also be some cool character evolution after years (of playtime) of being 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kan E-Senna at least looks like a young Woman. Not a Teenager. The Twins could still look Young without being 4ft tall. It would also be some cool character evolution after years (of playtime) of being 16.
    I'm not quite sure how much ingame time has passed, to be honest. If they do it like they do it in WoW (basically 1:1 RL time), they'd be in their early 20s now.
    I agree that they should change somewhat but them being Elezen, I don't know much about their maturation cycle.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not quite sure how much ingame time has passed, to be honest. If they do it like they do it in WoW (basically 1:1 RL time), they'd be in their early 20s now.
    I agree that they should change somewhat but them being Elezen, I don't know much about their maturation cycle.
    We'll never get a straight answer on that because its easier for them to not say and iirc they've basically said that the game exists in a time bubble that simply extends as appropriate (think like the simpsons, and how no one ever gets older in the show despite being on tv for like 20 seasons). Elezen's hit puberty at around 18-20.

Though I should mention that its possible that *atleast* a year has passed if we go by Alphinau'd comment in the 4.2 (iirc its been awhile) saying "If you had told me a year ago that'd I'd be seeing this".
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2019-05-16 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting point but considering how often we read the "this will take some time/doing" at the end of a patch and how far actual reconstruction efforts progress etc, I'd say well over a year.

How lame.
    But fitting, considering nearly every anime has some school kiddo save the world.
    Japanese audience must somehow like that.
    Its more a square enix thing. The higher ups have always believed A: Their core audience is some forever young mid teens consumer who never ages or gets replaced each year like a biological equivalent of an iphone and B: Need young hero's to relate to.

Two notable examples are FFXII and Nier. In FFXII the story was originally focussed on Balthier, Fran and Bach but making your hero over 40 in a rpg was not allowed and so Vaan and Penelo were created late in development and it shows whenever they are in cutscenes that existed before them. Then Nier was given a generic plot of a brother and his sister as a placeholder but when porting the game for the west Taro decided to try making the protagonist older so we got the plank faced papa Nier instead which over time ended up being a more popular story even in japan where they are called Nier: Replicant and Nier: Gestalt respectively.

The big difference seems to be the CEO's think kids want escapist power fantasies while the consumer responds better to an older character because they can be more complex in motivation and have seen some shit while a twinky teen fucboi is just going to feel like a placeholder with no original personality of their own by comparison. Its a very weird case of designer to consumer dichotomy referred to nowadays as "the dadificiation of games".

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its more a square enix thing. The higher ups have always believed A: Their core audience is some forever young mid teens consumer who never ages or gets replaced each year like a biological equivalent of an iphone and B: Need young hero's to relate to.

Two notable examples are FFXII and Nier. In FFXII the story was originally focussed on Balthier, Fran and Bach but making your hero over 40 in a rpg was not allowed and so Vaan and Penelo were created late in development and it shows whenever they are in cutscenes that existed before them. Then Nier was given a generic plot of a brother and his sister as a placeholder but when porting the game for the west Taro decided to try making the protagonist older so we got the plank faced papa Nier instead which over time ended up being a more popular story even in japan where they are called Nier: Replicant and Nier: Gestalt respectively.

The big difference seems to be the CEO's think kids want escapist power fantasies while the consumer responds better to an older character because they can be more complex in motivation and have seen some shit while a twinky teen fucboi is just going to feel like a placeholder with no original personality of their own by comparison. Its a very weird case of designer to consumer dichotomy referred to nowadays as "the dadificiation of games".
    17 and up is a lot more common in FF then below that though, and considering 17 year olds have been sent by the US to war..... not really that far of a stress.
    FF1 doesn't really have ages as far as i know, not a lot of back story
    Firion in 2 is 18
    Luneth in 3 is 14, one of the younger ones (onion knights are probably around the same age)
    Cecil in 4 is 21
    Bartz in 5 is 20
    Terra in 6 is 18
    Cloud in 7 is 21
    Squall in 8 is 17
    Zidane in 9 is 16
    Tidus in 10 is 17
    Vaan in 12 is 17
    Lightning in 13 is 21
    Noctis in 15 is 20

Mind you I quit after Ridorana dropped, and as an enormous FFT fan I do plan on coming back probably next week or so to grind out the 24 man, but I saw a picture and I need to know if I should murder someone, or myself.

I'm told this robe isn't actually wearable by Paladins. It's a caster piece, so SE is just trying to push me to violence right? It's the green one that Izlude is wearing on the right.