Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Depends if it is taking on the male or not. If the platypus hit with those spurs then the cat is in all sorts of trouble. It can paralyse small animals.

You do not want to be poisoned by it. Ever. It won't kill you but you probably wish you were dead.

Platypus venom causes hyperalgesia, excruciating pain that lasts days, weeks or even months and does not respond to morphine. A former soldier that got stung by one said it was worse than being hit by shrapnel.
    As potent as that poison claw is, they're attached to stumpy legs on an animal that's awkward on land and almost half the size. I gotta give the edge to the cat in a death battle, though it wouldn't surprise me if both died from their wounds.

Gah, but a platypus is so cute.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what an Australian Duck Billed Platypus looks like so you know.. It is also one of only two known mammals that lay eggs the other is the Echidna..

So lets see what is wrong with this: Cats..
    .. can't unhinge their jaws nor have hollow teeth connected to poison glands. They also have a few teeth more last time I checked.
    .. have different paws than rabits
    .. don't have naked tails
    .. claws are not the same as talons

I rate this thread:
    retarded troll / failed biologoy exam.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-05-15 at 04:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    next he'll be talking about how it was crawling on the walls and spitting acid as a team of marines were picked off one by one
    Need to update that. If the movie was made today they'd be considered Space Force.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So lets see what is wrong with this: Cats..
    .. can't unhinge their jaws nor have hollow teeth connected to poison glands. They also have a few teeth more last time I checked.
    .. have different paws than rabits
    .. don't have naked tails
    .. claws are not the same as talons

I rate this thread:
    retarded troll / failed biologoy exam.
    Or he knows someone with this type of cat.

I gotta admit, I've seen naked cats before, but that is the first one that is also kinda fat.. /shudder.

Someone should draw whatever the OP is describing as a cat, lol. I see the comparisons, but only loosely.

OT: Platypus wins imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Plural of Platypus is Platypus or Platypuses
    But Platypi sounds more amusing!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What a disappointing thread... was expecting a video on the aforementioned pair duking it out.
    Same, I was really hoping for a YouTube smackdown. I would bet on the Platypus though, I don't see the cat doing enough damage to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    But Platypi sounds more amusing!
    Platypodes sounds cooler. But there really isn't a correct plural form of platypus, mostly because it is basically a nonsense word in the first place. Platypus is a Latinized version of two Greek roots, so it is rather unclear if it should use a Latin plural (Technically Platypae, usually stated as Platypi),a Greek plural (Platypodes), or an English Plural (Platypuses or Platypus). Technically Platypus isn't even the actual name of the animal, since this weevil was named Platypus first, so the scientific name of the mammal was changed to Ornithorhynchus, which means bird nose. But people stuck with Platypus as the common name.

Short version, the name is a mess, which is pretty fitting actually. Call it whatever you like (Except Ornithorhynchus, because nobody knows what that is).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    They also sweat milk (no nipples,) have electrolocation and a cloaca.
    I really want to know what sort of glitch in the evolutionary matrix made ANY OF THIS work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Same, I was really hoping for a YouTube smackdown. I would bet on the Platypus though, I don't see the cat doing enough damage to win it.

Platypodes sounds cooler. But there really isn't a correct plural form of platypus, mostly because it is basically a nonsense word in the first place. Platypus is a Latinized version of two Greek roots, so it is rather unclear if it should use a Latin plural (Technically Platypae, usually stated as Platypi),a Greek plural (Platypodes), or an English Plural (Platypuses or Platypus). Technically Platypus isn't even the actual name of the animal, since this weevil was named Platypus first, so the scientific name of the mammal was changed to Ornithorhynchus, which means bird nose. But people stuck with Platypus as the common name.

Short version, the name is a mess, which is pretty fitting actually. Call it whatever you like (Except Ornithorhynchus, because nobody knows what that is).
    Platypideses it is, then!

A patchwork of different animals.
    I just learned that Ovide from the old children's cartoon "Ovide en z'n vriendjes" (Ovide and the Gang) was actually meant to be a platypus. Loved that show as a kid.
    Time well spent!