Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The cuts look exactly like the entire Durotan/Grom scene in the Warcraft movie. Posture, camera angle, even down to Thrall looking exactly like Durotan
    So? The orcs were the only part of the movie people liked anyway.

For those who wonder why claiming Horde favoritism on these videos is pretty easy.
    As a character, Saurfang is only tangentially involved in the Alliance story, even counting the Lost honor cinematic that included Anduin, Saurfang has been mentioned a total of 3 times since the Pre-patch.
    Once when we capture him in Undercity, then in the Lost honor cinematic, and finally, the Alliance "version" of the Saurfang capture storyline Alliance got is a single line from Shaw matter of factly stating that Saurfang escaped.

The Saurfang storyline, regardless of the semantics of him being a part of the Horde is still entirely Horde centric.
    To compare, despite the Highmountain tauren storyline retroactively being entirely about the Horde, Alliance still got to do it and see it for themselves, Saurfang is not even a noticeable part of the Alliance storyline in any capacity beyond being "a prisoner that escaped"

I don't normally like to harp on Faction bias, because sometimes things are just unbalanced in a way that cannot be worked around, Legion for instance mostly being about the Alliance because Night elves and Draenei being the ones with the most experience fighting them. Or WoD being about Horde because Orcs are horde and have nothing major to do with the Alliance at that time. But these cinematics are blatantly horde pandering, and unless Saurfang literally joins the Alliance at the end of BfA, they will still be just that.

Hopefully i will be proven wrong, i know why saurfang is the one being focused on for these cinematics when other characters could be given more prominence, so i am not going to demand faction parity for these cinematics, but i would at least like for Alliance to actually be given some reason to give a shit about Saurfang without having to rely on meta-knowledge of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to slightly elaborate in the above point. imagine you are an Alliance player that never reads fansites and datamining, you are entirely loyal to playing Alliance and so your knowledge of the Horde story comes solely from what is shown in the game playing as Alliance, when the cinematic shows up at the launcher, would you have any idea what Saurfang is even doing?. Sure you would know he was captured and that he escaped with help from Anduin, but from your perspective he would just show up sometimes to do something that to you seems completely unrelated to the story at hand.

The second one looks kinda like from the movie Warcraft.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Reminder that the Alliance exists and has characters with a lot of potential in it. Quit making so many full CGI cinematics about Saurfang.
    Horde has as well.. but yea saurfang is boring as hell..

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Reminder that the Alliance exists and has characters with a lot of potential in it. Quit making so many full CGI cinematics about Saurfang.
    Seriously though! Saurfang has now had 3 cinematics (not including BfA's) all to himself! Wth?
    change can't wait.

cinematic when ?

Well nvm CINE OUT CINE OUT POG :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umAgdVTBae0
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    cinematic when ?

I would rather get a Tyrande cinematic.
    change can't wait.

So Blizz has enough resources to make a 3rd Saurfang cinematic with entirely new custom models well made enoug hto do complex animations, but not enough to make one for the Alliance, i guess my earlier point about Blizz only making Saurfang cinematics because they already had the model made is moot now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So Blizz has enough resources to make a 3rd Saurfang cinematic with entirely new custom models well made enoug hto do complex animations, but not enough to make one for the Alliance, i guess my earlier point about Blizz only making Saurfang cinematics because they already had the model made is moot now.
    you know blizz love orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    you know blizz love orcs.
    It is honeslty getting comical, i would settle for one of Anduin and Genn talking over a table at this point, anything if it means we can have a cinematic like this be about stuff Alliance gets to do as well.

Great animation and all, but...
    Preemptively trying to kill people who had nothing to do with the conflict and getting him into it as a result?

They're repeating Garrosh., but worse.

Urgh, of course it's about orcs..

Ah well, some interesting implications:

- The dark portal seems to have officially reconnected to the Outland, because that is clearly Nagrand (floating isles can't be barrens).
    - Banshee Cunt was aiming for Thrall as well in her attempt to silence literally everyone that could pose a danger to her war on life.
    - Thrall is still an idiot and now tries to go with the 12 year outdated windfury 2h PvP built, because he still hasn't figured out how to shaman.
    - Saurfang has a way better fashion sense than crybaby Thrall.
    - Thrall's annoying family is hidden away, so chances are we won't have to endure them on the next chapter of the cringy horde redemption arc (part DCLXVI).

Do the alliance really want a cinematic about them at this point? Look at what it's cost the Horde. Major division, rehash of MoP storyline. If all they want is a cinematic then it's whatever, but don't act like these are amazing stories in them to be jealous about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Urgh, of course it's about orcs..

Ah well, some interesting implications:

- The dark portal seems to have officially reconnected to the Outland, because that is clearly Nagrand (floating isles can't be barrens).
    - Banshee Cunt was aiming for Thrall as well in her attempt to silence literally everyone that could pose a danger to her war on life.
    - Thrall is still an idiot and now tries to go with the 12 year outdated windfury 2h PvP built, because he still hasn't figured out how to shaman.
    - Saurfang has a way better fashion sense than crybaby Thrall.
    - Thrall's annoying family is hidden away, so chances are we won't have to endure them on the next chapter of the cringy horde redemption arc (part DCLXVI).
    Im not sure how anyone excuses going for thrall - except the sylvannas fanbois who love everything she does.

Theyll just say she was being calculated and cunning!

Despite the fact thrall LITERALLY welcomed the fucking undead in when no one else would, what a colossal thunder cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There is no Alliance story worth telling through cinematics this expansion.

What the hell do you want? Anduin looking at papers, Genn talking to his wife, Tyrande killing Orcs (again?)

Don't force story drama for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Im not sure how anyone excuses going for thrall - except the sylvannas fanbois who love everything she does.

Theyll just say she was being calculated and cunning!

Despite the fact thrall LITERALLY welcomed the fucking undead in when no one else would, what a colossal thunder cunt.
    Yea.. her character was extremly poorly written since the end of legion, but that is just laughable. It would have made sense to isolate thrall, but sending in assassins preemptively is just a shockingly bad move, especially if you only go for 2 instead of number than can make sure he bites the dust. This is such a badly written attempt to "totally not make this garrosh 2.0" that I can't help but visibly cringe at the direction here. It's not like that extra bit of motivation was needed at all, trying to kill Baine would have easily been enough.

I think even Garrosh is rotating in his grave at the saturday morning villain level of irredeemable idiocy. The wost part is though that I still believe we will get a Kerrigan 2.0 in the end, which will probably be even more hamfisted..

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Seriously though! Saurfang has now had 3 cinematics (not including BfA's) all to himself! Wth?
    Because the story is about Saurfang betraying Sylvanas? Do you really want to see some forced cinematic just so alliance can feel '"equal"? What a nonsense.

I think even Garrosh is rotating in his grave at the saturday morning villain level of irredeemable idiocy. The wost part is though that I still believe we will get a Kerrigan 2.0 in the end, which will probably be even more hamfisted..
    Considering they've spent thousands of dollars now on making Sylvanas evil, I really doubt that Kerrigan 2 (which people are begging for now so they can have yet another reason to bitch at Blizzard) is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Considering they've spent thousands of dollars now on making Sylvanas evil, I really doubt that Kerrigan 2 (which people are begging for now so they can have yet another reason to bitch at Blizzard) is happening.
    Well, it's one of the few ways how they could sell this as "not garrosh 2.0", because the other option is to either kill her or let her limp away. The first seems unlikely because of the fanbois (and frankly is just garrosh 2.0 without the stupid trial), the second requires some fantastic nonsense when it comes to seperating her from the forsaken. She also has literally nowhere to go and regroup.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-05-15 at 03:55 PM.

She also has literally nowhere to go and regroup.
    It's all building up to Shadowlands. I'm expecting a "Muehzala/Kel'thuzad/??? was working with her from the death realm the entire time" reveal in 8.2.5.

It's been being built up through Bwonsamdi (who works there, and has a boss there), Thros (which is in the Shadowlands) and also the new Tauren heritage quest has Shadowlands monsters popping out.

8.3 is most likely chasing her there.