Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

[Spoilers] Safe Haven Cinematic

Thoughts?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It makes me wonder if Alliance will get one of these as well, so far we have had to settle for scraps considering Anduin talking to Saurfang in the last cinematic was the most relevant Saurfang has been to the Alliance this entire expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty.

100% entirely pointless.

Those are my thoughts. The Undead looked cool though.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall looks like a green Mel Gibson for some reason.

Probably the most decent Thrall lore of the last decade, he declined to lead the horde but he'll fight for it and maybe he'll die for it and redeem himself. Hopefully it gets a strong leader.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post

Thoughts?
    Is this AU Draenor or Outland?

Its stunning, as usual. I'm really curious about the intentions to kill Thrall, though. I guess Sylvanas anticipated that Thrall may become resurgent given what is happening, but given that Saurfang followed them I think there are more implications than the story we currently have can offer up. Just seems a little out of place without some level of context in-game.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Let me guess, Alliance players won't be given a choice and will actually be forced to help the Horde pick up their pieces once again (helping Thrall will especially be silly if you are playing a Kul Tiran).
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    100% entirely pointless.
    Sylvanas going after Thrall is a new thing, because that means Sylvanas just doesn't go after people that opposed her, but also people that might oppose her.

Quote Originally Posted by Stooned View Post
    The floating rocks and Saurfangs talk about this world being "broken" is a minor hint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Stooned View Post

Its stunning, as usual. I'm really curious about the intentions to kill Thrall, though. I guess Sylvanas anticipated that Thrall may become resurgent given what is happening, but given that Saurfang followed them I think there are more implications than the story we currently have can offer up. Just seems a little out of place without some level of context in-game.
    Given the floating islands, I would say Outland - AU Draenor is also off-limits now without special access and effort.

My theory is that Sylvanas is dispatching assassins to give Saurfang no ground to go to. Thrall's an obvious candidate for Saurfang to hide with, or to rally to his side. She is likely liquidating anyone who might aid Saurfang to quell any form of dissent.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm honestly not quite sure why this merited a cinematic. Nagrand does look good of course and more cinematics is never a bad thing, but this could have been a small in-game scenario. Maybe give the Alliance a cinematic that's 100% about them for a change or something.

The salient story points are quite simple; Thrall does not want to be Warchief again but was more or less persuaded to come fight for (and, well, against because BFAlol) the Horde even before the Forsaken showed up.

Speaking of them, Saurfang followed them? Does that mean Sylvanas really sent assassins to kill a retired Thrall of all people, or were they just anticipating Varok's movements?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm honestly not quite sure why this merited a cinematic. Nagrand does look good of course and more cinematics is never a bad thing, but this could have been a small in-game scenario. Maybe give the Alliance a cinematic that's 100% about them for a change or something.

The salient story points are quite simple; Thrall does not want to be Warchief again but was more or less persuaded to come fight for (and, well, against because BFAlol) the Horde even before the Forsaken showed up.

Speaking of them, Saurfang followed them? Does that mean Sylvanas really sent assassins to kill a retired Thrall of all people, or were they just anticipating Varok's movements?
    It would appear Sylvanas is liquidating possible sources of dissent proactively, meaning the assassins were there for Thrall and not Saurfang - at least so long as you take Saurfang at his word.

RIP Rando Forsaken 1 and 2, you tried to save us from this nonsense.

@Dagoth Ur

What'd I tell you about not counting your chickens. Thrall declined to lead and Saurfang's old. We know who will rule. And he goes moo.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Sylvanas going after Thrall is a new thing, because that means Sylvanas just doesn't go after people that opposed her, but also people that might oppose her.
    Pretty much this. Probably she figured out if the last known position of Saurfang was the Swamp of Sorrows, he will try to cross the Dark Portal, but not to escape or hide, he will look for allies and that's Thrall, so she send assassins to get rid of him before he can join Saurfang. She doesn't want to make the same mistake Garrosh did to let their enemies work together against her.

Re: Draenor or Outland.

Did you watch the cinematic? This long shot makes it very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It would appear Sylvanas is liquidating possible sources of dissent proactively, meaning the assassins were there for Thrall and not Saurfang - at least so long as you take Saurfang at his word.
    I strongly doubt Saurfang would spontaneously lie to one of his oldest brothers in arms and ex-Warchief. Not after they emphasis his honor sixty billion times.

But identifying a Thrall that's farming on Outland and oblivious to the current going-ons as a potential source of dissent while more or less letting Baine get freed after imprisoning him makes no sense at all.

Loved the subtle hint of Thrall wearing alliance colors. Totally not MoP BTW

5+ Year Old Account
    He went to another world to become farmer just like Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I strongly doubt Saurfang would spontaneously lie to one of his oldest brothers in arms and ex-Warchief. Not after they emphasis his honor sixty billion times.

But identifying a Thrall that's farming on Outland and oblivious to the current going-ons as a potential source of dissent while more or less letting Baine get freed after imprisoning him makes no sense at all.
    Well, let's not forget that he is remerkably quick to shift blame considering he is supposed to be Honor incarnate. Just look at how quickly he rationalized Sylvanas being entirely to blame for Teldrassil despite him being the one planning the entire excursion, including having loaded Ballista at the ready.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang no-look snaps that fucker's neck while they're invisible. Alpha move.

Also walking through the field of wheat really reminds me of Gladiator.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I have the feeling Saurfang is the biggest waste of screen time ever deployed by Blizz.
    And that's something coming from the people who gave us AU Grommash and Yrel.

Time to switch sides I guess.