Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Some of em go crazy outta choice, but shadow priests have been doing just this for 15 years and are still fine.
    Shadow Priests are adept of resisting the insanity tho. They look at the abyss and then come back without their mind being taken. That's the most intense form of corruption resistance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Considerin how crazy the void elves are on island expedition as horde, im pretty sure thats not the case.
    If that's so, that makes 'em extra resistant to Xal'atoh: you can't fill a cup that's already overflowing! Xal'atoh will be like "you must kill them aaaaaaalll....." and the Void Elf's internal nightmare will be there all "hell nah Y'shaarj wait your turn"

The horde kicked the void elves from the horde...
    so no, they did not betray, they just joined the enemy after being kicked out.

- - - Updated - - -

nah tyhe whole point of being a void elf is you know how to control it so you never fall to madness, did you even play argus?
    The curse of flesh is madness, it already happened to all the fleshy races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Show me the laws of Quel'thalas, and in said laws show me where it's stated that practicing Void magic or studying Drathir's research in Quel'thalas is a form of betrayal. Warlocks study the Fel that laid waste to the world so many times before, they are not banished. Death Knights literally weave the energy that taint the soil of Quel'thalas, they are not banished. Don't give me the BS that researching Drathir's power is such taboo.
    Well... they went against their king word, that is seen as betrayal by many (In the past, it used to be that way).

In general, they did not betray the Horde when they joined the Alliance, as they were not part of the Horde anymore, they betrayed Quelthalas when they were against the words of the head.

The energy used is irrelevant, what's relevant is going against their "lord"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... they went against their king word, that is seen as betrayal by many (In the past, it used to be that way).

In general, they did not betray the Horde when they joined the Alliance, as they were not part of the Horde anymore, they betrayed Quelthalas when they were against the words of the head.

The energy used is irrelevant, what's relevant is going against their "lord"
    I might take Theron's claims of betrayal seriously, if he wasn't a traitor himself. He betrayed Garrosh by negotiating with Varian behind his back.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    I might take Theron's claims of betrayal seriously, if he wasn't a traitor himself. He betrayed Garrosh by negotiating with Varian behind his back.
    Yeah, it was a sort of betrayal to the Warchief, noone can deny that.

But in the end, he never betrayed his kingdom. (though is irrelevant in this case)

Also i think the one who put the restriction on it was Rommath (mostly because of the possible harm it could do to the Sunwell)

Note: In the end, be a betrayer or not, it does not much for the VE or the BE, the VE are traitors in the eyes of BE -and maybe even mad men-, while the BE would be fools and ignorants in the eyes of the VE

7+ Year Old Account
    The grand magister must understand that this power is crucial to the defense of Silvermoon. Never shall the sin'dorei fall prey to our enemies!
    -Umbric

My arrogance was nearly our undoing. I dabbled with powers far beyond my control. Silvermoon turned its back on us long ago. Today we are reborn... and it is fitting that we walk a new path. From this day forth, the Alliance has our loyalty.
    -Also Umbric
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    garithos, dalaran twice, stormwind

human nations, all betrayed quel'thalas.
    Garithos point I already commented on. It's a moot point. It's like some muslim country falls, dudebro3 becomes general, and genocides the shia left over or something, and suddenly "all muslims are bad because of what dudebro3 did".

Dalaran first was I believe Garithos, again. Been awhile on that one, though. Dalaran two wasn't a betrayal of blood elves, because they invited it by working with Garrosh for the bell, and using Dalaran to do it. (Also, Jaina didn't kill any elves that didn't attack her. The quest was bugged for the first week. Blizz stated this. And when I did the quest in late MoP, I saw zero belfs killed by Jaina.)

And Stormwind? When did they do anything to the blood elves prior to them joining the horde? (At which point, they became enemies, so aggression against them is not betrayal.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Shadow Priests are adept of resisting the insanity tho. They look at the abyss and then come back without their mind being taken. That's the most intense form of corruption resistance!

If that's so, that makes 'em extra resistant to Xal'atoh: you can't fill a cup that's already overflowing! Xal'atoh will be like "you must kill them aaaaaaalll....." and the Void Elf's internal nightmare will be there all "hell nah Y'shaarj wait your turn"
    Those void elves are hardly representative. You learn when you start a velf, and at the 110 heritage quest, as well as by just hanging out in Telogrus, that if anything, the void elves are taught to keep madness at bay, and ignore the void. They are possibly the best at resisting void-shit, as it's what they are trained to do, lest they go 200% bonkers using it so often.

race survives on fel energy for i forget how long, all good.

but if you touch that purple shit you're outta here!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Dalaran first was I believe Garithos, again. Been awhile on that one, though. Dalaran two wasn't a betrayal of blood elves, because they invited it by working with Garrosh for the bell, and using Dalaran to do it. (Also, Jaina didn't kill any elves that didn't attack her. The quest was bugged for the first week. Blizz stated this. And when I did the quest in late MoP, I saw zero belfs killed by Jaina.)

And Stormwind? When did they do anything to the blood elves prior to them joining the horde? (At which point, they became enemies, so aggression against them is not betrayal.)
    dalaran 1 was the council standing by and just allowing the elves to be slated for execution, including a member of the ruling council. they had the power to prevent and they didn't, they just looked the other way.

dalaran 2 was a betrayal, because it was ONE sunreaver, NOT all the innocent civilians living in the city. not even the other sunreavers.

stormwind betrayed them by spying on them, sending a dwarf agent and night elven saboteurs. they practically fully invaded the ghostlands. as i said before on this, one plausible theory is that this was done by onyxia, but there is no canon explanation for why stormwind decided to spy on their former allies in their time to dire need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    race survives on fel energy for i forget how long, all good.

but if you touch that purple shit you're outta here!
    they didn't survive on fel. they survived by sucking the energy out of animals.

the magisters used fel to repair the damaged infrastructure, leading to quel'thalas being saturated in fel energy, and the latent radiation causing the green eye mutation in the populace.

The horde kicked the void elves from the horde...
    so no, they did not betray, they just joined the enemy after being kicked out.
    Void elves were never a part of the Horde. Void elves never existed until some of them where raped by the Void and saved by Alleria.

they didn't survive on fel. they survived by sucking the energy out of animals.

the magisters used fel to repair the damaged infrastructure, leading to quel'thalas being saturated in fel energy, and the latent radiation causing the green eye mutation in the populace.
    you had to be smiling when you typed that out lol.

tomato tomato

you had to be smiling when you typed that out lol.

tomato tomato
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fel_crystal

"The blood elves notably enslaved the fel by imprisoning demons,[2] which they used to maintain their architectural structures."

"They repurposed the large, green crystals (known as fel crystals) found around Silvermoon, using the power stored within them (demonic magic) to empower the city, which had begun to deteriorate without the Sunwell's energies to hold it together.[19] It is implied that living in proximity to this is the reason so many blood elves acquired their fel-eye glint despite the use of fel being largely hidden from the general public.[20] Some bolder magisters siphoned these crystals directly, and also used them to empower the various extravagances that blood elves enjoy indulging in."

only magisters used it, as it was hidden from the citizenry.

only magisters used it, as it was hidden from the citizenry.
    that's all well and good, but all Umbric set out to do was learn how to control the Void like Alleria. very similar i would say to imprisoning demons and using fel crystals to power the city.

who knows the true potential of what the Void can be? glad i'm on the side that lets their people explore it

that's all well and good, but all Umbric set out to do was learn how to control the Void like Alleria. very similar i would say to imprisoning demons and using fel crystals to power the city.

who knows the true potential of what the Void can be? glad i'm on the side that lets their people explore it
    the void isn't the same as fel. fel is destructive and can make you prone to violent behavior, but it's not sentient. it's just a latent power, like arcane.

void is different. tapping into it for even a moment makes the lords take notice and they whisper endlessly while you use it. there's also the fact that the sunwell is filled with holy energy, it's inviting trouble to have too much widespread void use in quel'thalas. but even then, it seemed like rommath had more issue with the fact that it was dar'khan drathir's research they were learning it from, more than it being void.

i will say, the banishment from quel'thalas could have been handled better. pawning them off on the forsaken would have been the better diplomatic option. they're no longer a danger to the well, and you have the resource of their power for use.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    In the questline to get the void elves for the alliance, you follow clues to find the void elves. During this quests you find out that they used Darkhan Drathirs research and that this was forbidden. They were told to stop it but continued. And this was the reason for the banishment. Not that they did the Research, but that they ignored an order.

And about blood elves betraying the alliance: https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

You can read there that the high elves seceded from the alliance before the scourge attack. There was no betraying involved, it was a regular diplomatic process.

Void Elves are Blood Elves that got kicked out of Silvermoon for not listening to thee great leader. Now thee great leader doesn't listen to his leader, how ironic.

So did they betray Silvermoon? Not really. Dumb af? Sure. Do I love the playable race Void Elf? Oh yes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's in their nature and blood. After all they were rejected by Darnassian Kal'dorei and became the civilization of Quel'thalas.

7+ Year Old Account
    they betray the horde, but more importantly they betray quel'thalas and their entire thalassian identity by siding with humans.
    So did the High Elves then?

What kind of betreyal is It from the Blood Elf side then If the high elves have been friends and allies of humans for hundreds of years prior, and suddenly being Horde for like 20 years diminishes all of those hundreds of years of friendship and alliance? If It weren't for the Elves, humans would not know magic, and If they did It'd be uneducated, dangereous and crude.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    So did the High Elves then?

What kind of betreyal is It from the Blood Elf side then If the high elves have been friends and allies of humans for hundreds of years prior, and suddenly being Horde for like 20 years diminishes all of those hundreds of years of friendship and alliance? If It weren't for the Elves, humans would not know magic, and If they did It'd be uneducated, dangereous and crude.
    it's not a betrayal by blood elves.

it's humans throwing away that relationship with repeated betrayals.

nah tyhe whole point of being a void elf is you know how to control it so you never fall to madness, did you even play argus?
    You mean the part where Alleria acknowledges even she's going to lose control despite having been void-training for centuries? That part of Argus?

Meanwhile, these randos out in space with no training are a sound bet on the "not a time bomb" scale.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2019-05-15 at 04:24 PM.