Poll: Beta?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not resubbing until character creation is open. I’m not paying for a chance at beta when it’s going to mostly streamers so they can give them out like other betas.

heh you're not paying to get into beta. You're paying to get a chance to get in beta.
    And that's a classic
    I think they should introduce one more level of access ... dev-version
    And take money for participating in that as well, hah.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The only real benefit I can see, is that you would be able to get your addons chosen and setup prior to launch.

I can get that info from streamers and youtube producers like Frostadamus and MadSeasonShow.

I'm not subscribing and thus supporting BfA garbage just for hte outside chance I may get into Beta.

It's POSSIBLE that you can get chosen for beta without an active account, but then have to purchase game time to play it.. .in which case I would with a token.
    And what I find funny about that bolded line of yours is that when it is released you will be supporting that "BFA garbage" as you put it anyway so in essence the joke is on you.. lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And what I find funny about that bolded line of yours is that when it is released you will be supporting that "BFA garbage" as you put it anyway so in essence the joke is on you.. lol :P
    Sorry, but that assumption is incorrect. When Classic is live, my sub will support it. I will get "free access" to BfA, but will never log into it except to buy more tokens with my millions of gold.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but that assumption is incorrect. When Classic is live, my sub will support it. I will get "free access" to BfA, but will never log into it except to buy more tokens with my millions of gold.
    Don't think it works like that and anyway you will find that pretty much all of that sub will go to continue work on retail.. And when your gold runs out you will have to pay for access in the end..

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanna play classic?

Support bfa

Blizzards ultimate troll, to defeat the thing many classic players hate most, they must support it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Wanna play classic?

Support bfa

Blizzards ultimate troll, to defeat the thing many classic players hate most, they must support it.
    It is funny and so very true, with how Blizzard have done it no matter what, those who are only wanting to play classic they will still be paying for the work put towards BFA and future xpacs whether they like it or not.. And in the end Blizzard wins so to speak..

Don't think it works like that and anyway you will find that pretty much all of that sub will go to continue work on retail.. And when your gold runs out you will have to pay for access in the end..
    Uh... no. ALLof my sub will go to Bobby Kotick's annual bonus. My support will be for Classic. as will the majority of people playing WoW. Blizz will never post the numbers because it will embarrass them terribly... especially Ion who wasn't able to touch (and therefore ruin) the content of Classic.

My hopes is that the success of Classic will cause them to fire Ion and redirect modern WoW back towards the things that made WoW amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

It is funny and so very true, with how Blizzard have done it no matter what those only wanting to play classic will still be paying for the work put towards BFA and future xpacs..
    No... it will go toward Classic TBC and Classic WotLK.

When the numbers of users are shown internally at Blizzard they will have to just let modern WoW die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh... no. ALLof my sub will go to Bobby Kotick's annual bonus. My support will be for Classic. as will the majority of people playing WoW. Blizz will never post the numbers because it will embarrass them terribly... especially Ion who wasn't able to touch (and therefore ruin) the content of Classic.

My hopes is that the success of Classic will cause them to fire Ion and redirect modern WoW back towards the things that made WoW amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

When the numbers of users are shown internally at Blizzard they will have to just let modern WoW die.
    ha, that's funny.

You think a handful of people subbing for classic is going to defeat the money giant that is modern wow?

You'd need easily 10 million+ new classic subs to even think about competing with race changes, faction changes, xpac purchases, etc.

3.4 million bfa xpacs - lets assume thats ALL they sold, is 170 million, to cover 2 years, without subs to bfa, without allied races, faction changes, server xfers, store mounts, all of that, would require ~500k subs consistently over 2 years to make the same amount blizz made in one day of BFA launch. Now layer on everything else, you're talking millions and millions of subs.

You literally have a pipe dream if you think thousands of potential new subs is going to make blizz abandon their cash cow.

Allied races is basically printing money.

TBC, WOTLK, Cata, none of them have that potential, they're all sub-based.

Do yall even think about it? Just because classic -might- get a lot of new subs, and I doubt more than current wow, doesn't mean it's going to make anywhere near the $$ BFA makes.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2019-05-15 at 04:28 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You really don't want the classic and retail to exist together do you? You hate the game that much that you really want to see it go under?

10+ Year Old Account
    If retail dies so will classic and any other iteration.

Classic was funded by retail, literally.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If retail dies so will classic and any other iteration.

Classic was funded by retail, literally.
    Unfortunately the classic fanboys do not see that, all they care about is the getting classic and nothing more..

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately the classic fanboys do not see that, all they care about is the getting classic and nothing more..
    If retail wasn't so wildly successful in terms of monetizing it, classic wouldn't be a thing.

void elves paid for classic, basically.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If retail wasn't so wildly successful in terms of monetizing it, classic wouldn't be a thing.

void elves paid for classic, basically.
    Which is true and yet they do not see it that way, also they do not want the two versions existing side by side they want to see retail die, because all they care about is their beloved classic WoW..

I've been invited in all the betas so yep, resubbed for my chance again even though I started playing in Vanilla. I miss it lol

If I get it soon yes, but if it's 1 month before classic is released, I won't bother.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

ha, that's funny.

You think a handful of people subbing for classic is going to defeat the money giant that is modern wow?

You'd need easily 10 million+ new classic subs to even think about competing with race changes, faction changes, xpac purchases, etc.

3.4 million bfa xpacs - lets assume thats ALL they sold, is 170 million, to cover 2 years, without subs to bfa, without allied races, faction changes, server xfers, store mounts, all of that, would require ~500k subs consistently over 2 years to make the same amount blizz made in one day of BFA launch. Now layer on everything else, you're talking millions and millions of subs.

You literally have a pipe dream if you think thousands of potential new subs is going to make blizz abandon their cash cow.

Allied races is basically printing money.

TBC, WOTLK, Cata, none of them have that potential, they're all sub-based.

Do yall even think about it? Just because classic -might- get a lot of new subs, and I doubt more than current wow, doesn't mean it's going to make anywhere near the $$ BFA makes.
    Dude... BfA lost HALF it's subs in like 3 months. Your numbers a way off. Mah.. Classic is going to smash BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

You really don't want the classic and retail to exist together do you? You hate the game that much that you really want to see it go under?
    Of course not... I want WoW to live and eventually return to it's glory. (Ion must go first) But if you don;t see the writing on the wall for modern WoW... then there really is no use discussing it.

Classic will retain a LOT more of it's players than BfA did/does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude... BfA lost HALF it's subs in like 3 months. Your numbers a way off. Mah.. Classic is going to smash BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not... I want WoW to live and eventually return to it's glory. (Ion must go first) But if you don;t see the writing on the wall for modern WoW... then there really is no use discussing it.

Classic will retain a LOT more of it's players than BfA did/does.
    My numbers were literally xpac sales, not even including sub payments.

So no, my numbers were not off.

Actually, yes, they are, because they sold more than 3.4m copies, we just dont know how many.

And BFA losing half its subs was never confirmed, fake data, that wasn't proven.

So please, learn to read before criticizing my post.

You literally just took what I read, pretended I was talking about subs, said they were cut in half with fake, unsupported data that the guy who reported said couldn't be trusted, and dismissed the rest of my post, which also included many other sources of income.

You sir are the height of ignorance.

But that's to be expected, all you do, and other players who say classic will beat bfa, is literally put ear plugs in your ears, shout loudly "CLASSIC WILL BEAT BFA CLASSIC WILL BEAT BFA CLASSIC WILL BEAT BFA" and ignore all logic.

So what should I expect.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2019-05-15 at 07:25 PM.

Classic will probably smash BFA.. for the first two months. Before most people realize what an insane grind it is and that there will be no new content on the horizons and it starts to taper off.

I imagine there will be a pretty small, but very loyal group of players that plays Classic for a while though.

I see pretty much no way that it will have 3-4 million plus active players after 6 months though. I'd be surprised if it had more than a million.

I'll check it out. But I doubt I'll reach max level.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2019-05-15 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Trying to relive the past on repeat is akin to temporal insanity. No thanks. Let the weirdos that can't move on play it.
    And let the ADHD riddled youth queue up for yet another Battle Royal, ARPG, or mobile game. Let them spend Mommy's money on loot boxes, cash shop items, and transmogs.

Classic is a great game, with an excellent balance of investment and reward. We proudly wear our clown costumes of victories and appreciate and respect those in tier. We pride ourselves that real people whisper us to join their dungeon group because they know we are solid players.

While you spend 45 mins "earning" a dozen epics by clicking on squirrels and nuts... we may play several hours in one evening and have nothing to show for it but a few thanks from friends and the satisfaction of knowing we had 3 more attempts at our drop we are wanting so badly.

You know what drops are right? Things you recognize by sight? Things that have meaning instead of RNG stats?