Poll: Who will be in charge next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Thrall - Unlikely as he had to be recruited in the first place and made clear he doesn't want to lead (though this could echo his own words regarding Vol'jin)

Saurfang - Nah, i think he's the character whose death will basically make everyone come together, Saurfang also clearly having a deathwish supports this.
    He however will be the "kingmaker" of the next warchief.

Baine - Spoke out against Sylvanas, has acted against Sylvanas, was punished by Sylvanas.
    Unlike Thrall, he was in the action the entire time, didn't require anyone else to join the rebellion, in terms of role, his one is the closest to that of Vol'jin in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think this cinematic puts either Thrall or Saurfang out of the running, as it were. As for who it will be I can't say - I have some ideas, but there's a lot of story yet to be told.
    Not really, we're already partway through 5.3 stage of the MoP rehash.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    /shrug
    I find it hard to believe leadership at every level of a business signed off on a story they did two expansions prior. Could be wrong though.
    You're saying this as if Blizzard wasn't one of the laziest companies in the business.

Repeatedly, since the beginning of the game, they've said the faction conflict and divide are intrinsic to Warcraft.
    And they've also repeatedly wrote moralizing stories on how its bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Not really, we're already partway through 5.3 stage of the MoP rehash.
    The unknown denouements of 8.2 accompanied by the whole of 8.3 and its closing. A lot could happen between then and now.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Thrall - Unlikely as he had to be recruited in the first place and made clear he doesn't want to lead (though this could echo his own words regarding Vol'jin)
    GoT in it's great wisdom just thought us that reluctant leader is the best leader though. I wouldn't discount Thrall just yet!

The unknown denouements of 8.2 accompanied by the whole of 8.3 and its closing. A lot could happen between then and now.
    Like Sylvanas getting deposed while her loyalists "playing along" because Blizzard made it clear from the get go how they aren't even interested in an illusion of choice, because this expansion is a blatant MoP rehash through and through?

As for unknown parts of 8.2, what's left is pretty much the War Campaign. Which Blizzard already said is going to end with some peace talks that will turn bad and you can rest assured they are going to turn bad because of that pesky Sylvanas. Because her opposition in the Horde is too happy to bend over for Anduin to mess them up while on Alliance side even warhawks while Genn and Jaina are already merrily cooperating with Horde traitors. Which only solidifies Sylvanas kicking the bucket next patch.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Thrall humblebrags about how he doesn't want it.

Saurfang'll probably die or say he's 'too tired'.

Baine will gasp for air as he plops Anduin's boot out of his mouth and say 'I'll be High King of the Horde!'.

As for unknown parts of 8.2, what's left is pretty much the War Campaign. Which Blizzard already said is going to end with some peace talks that will turn bad and you can rest assured they are going to turn bad because of that pesky Sylvanas.
    Can you toss a source for this? I thought the war campaign was just busting Baine's useless ass out of prison.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Anduin the ultimate spiritual liege of azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Like Sylvanas getting deposed while her loyalists "playing along" because Blizzard made it clear from the get go how they aren't even interested in an illusion of choice, because this expansion is a blatant MoP rehash through and through?

As for unknown parts of 8.2, what's left is pretty much the War Campaign. Which Blizzard already said is going to end with some peace talks that will turn bad and you can rest assured they are going to turn bad because of that pesky Sylvanas. Because her opposition in the Horde is too happy to bend over for Anduin to mess them up while on Alliance side even warhawks while Genn and Jaina are already merrily cooperating with Horde traitors. Which only solidifies Sylvanas kicking the bucket next patch.
    Not sure what "illusion of choice" has to do with it. But by 8.2 I mean the closing of the Azshara raid, and the remainders of the War Campaign, yes. Then whatever happens now that Sylvanas has Xal'atath, what's going on with N'Zoth, and Magni's role in 8.3. I would assume the Blood War is going to end somehow - either in a peace accord or with the arrival a third-party evil that must be contended with. As it is unlikely that Sylvanas will remain Warchief, she must also be succeeded so that has to be covered as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    And if that is indeed the case, I agree with your assessment regarding Baine.
    Not only what @Super Dickmann says is very true, but also it's fair to say that if writers run out of villains again, they will just hit the Warchief cow with the villain bat and call it a day. It doesn't matter if Baine is Anduin's lover and greatest bootlicker, and has been for quite some time already. They will just retcon him into a Grimtotem or something - on with the Siege of Thunder Bluff!

Btw @Aeula your post was great. Mind if I use it as my new sig?
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-05-15 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Been saying this since before BfA: Baine will marry Mayla and become the next Warchief of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    GoT in it's great wisdom just thought us that reluctant leader is the best leader though. I wouldn't discount Thrall just yet!
    True that, however, Baine's arc would feel rather unfinished, i mean, he was the one who stayed within the Horde, whose imprisonment made the remaining horde leader go against Sylvanas in the first place.

Like, would Baine just go again "we're all in this together, champion" like post SoO?

5+ Year Old Account
    I admire your optimism...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Hopefuly none of them. Traitors like them deserve to die and nothing more. Horde is in dire need of internal purge. They should cleanse their ranks of those who rebelled against Garrosh and Sylvanas, at least higher echelons of power. Those guys are like GoT version of Varys, always eager to jump on leader's back the moment their twisted notion of honor is unfulfilled.

Not sure what "illusion of choice" has to do with it. But by 8.2 I mean the closing of the Azshara raid, and the remainders of the War Campaign, yes. Then whatever happens now that Sylvanas has Xal'atath, what's going on with N'Zoth, and Magni's role in 8.3. I would assume the Blood War is going to end somehow - either in a peace accord or with the arrival a third-party evil that must be contended with. As it is unlikely that Sylvanas will remain Warchief, she must also be succeeded so that has to be covered as well.
    It's pretty damn obvious what illusion of choice has to do with it. I.e. that the traitor paths of the questline is canon and will continue being the canon path even in future patches, while people loyal to the Horde are forced to do the same exact fucking thing with Blizzard slapping "lel, playing along" on that and pretending they are providing branching storylines. Because this is a MoP rehash. Which includes a rebellion happening and then winning. And it's pretty obvious what happens with Sylvanas and Xala'tath. More mustache twirling villainy while Sylvanas' brain continues its vacation in the lore void. Hence the "we're partway through 5.3", because Xala'tath is the equivalent of Gob Squad finding Heart of Y'Shaarj for Garrosh at the start of that patch. And a new Warchief being appointed is just the conclusion of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Not only what @Super Dickmann says is very true, but also it's fair to say that if writers run out of villains again, they will just hit the Warchief cow with the villain bat and call it a day. It doesn't matter if Baine is Anduin's lover and greatest bootlicker, and has been for quite some time already. They will just retcon him into a Grimtotem or something - on with the Siege of Thunder Bluff!
    It's a story that writes itself. After all, mad cow disease is a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I admire your optimism...
    We'll see if the end-result proves itself worthy of it. I'm not fond of the doom and gloom that seems to pervade everything these days, from WoW to everything else in life.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    None of them. The Horde's leadership should shift to a "war council" sort of thing, with the leader of each race having a seat on the council.

Not only would this give the Horde a small bit of uniqueness leadership-wise (Alliance having one leader, Horde having several) it would also prevent the Horde's leader-of-the-week from making another stupid decision (burning Teldrassil because a Night Elf was a meanie-head, giving up a Malfurion kill because muh honor) without the approval of the rest, and will hopefully prevent another Horde rebellion storyline from happening in the future.

I recognize that, for this to happen, several races need a leader to step up. Darkspear sort of have Rokhan being built up to that, Orcs I'm not sure, maybe Thrall will be more willing to return if he's not the only leader.
    This is my hope. They'll see that they can no longer trust things to a single Warchief anymore, and just do a council, and have Thrall on it (or at least communicating via letters to give advice).

Please, if we get a Warchief again, just don't let it be Baine. Anyone but Baine. I don't even hate the guy but he'd be a terrible, soggy, powerless Warchief. I'd almost be willing to accept Gallywix, though I know that would go horribly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Btw @Aeula your post was great. Mind if I use it as my new sig?
    Sure, feel free to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's pretty damn obvious what illusion of choice has to do with it. I.e. that the traitor paths of the questline is canon and will continue being the canon path even in future patches, while people loyal to the Horde are forced to do the same exact fucking thing with Blizzard slapping "lel, playing along" on that and pretending they are providing branching storylines. Because this is a MoP rehash. Which includes a rebellion happening and then winning. And it's pretty obvious what happens with Sylvanas and Xala'tath. More mustache twirling villainy while Sylvanas' brain continues its vacation in the lore void. Hence the "we're partway through 5.3", because Xala'tath is the equivalent of Gob Squad finding Heart of Y'Shaarj for Garrosh at the start of that patch. And a new Warchief being appointed is just the conclusion of MoP.
    In regard to what I was saying - no, it's not really obvious nor does it really have a place as I didn't mention it at all. Just that there was more story to tell (which would be true regardless of whether this "choice" thing persisted). Nor does the whole rehash thing have anything to do with what I said, because even if BfA were a retelling of MoP note-for-note you'd still have the entirety of SoO waiting in the wings, which was a pretty massive baulk of narrative in and of itself. Appointing a new Warchief is also a pretty significant bit of story, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Can you toss a source for this? I thought the war campaign was just busting Baine's useless ass out of prison.
    Can't seem to find it. It was one of the interviews leading to 8.2, I think. IIRC the peace attempts going to shit was about the Alliance War Campaign specifically though.

In regard to what I was saying - no, it's not really obvious nor does it really have a place as I didn't mention it at all. Just that there was more story to tell (which would be true regardless of whether this "choice" thing persisted). Nor does the whole rehash thing have anything to do with what I said, because even if BfA were a retelling of MoP note-for-note you'd still have the entirety of SoO waiting in the wings, which was a pretty massive baulk of narrative in and of itself. Appointing a new Warchief is also a pretty significant bit of story, IMO.
    If I were to be limited in my replies to only what you yourself already mentioned I'd have to re-write your post word for word, which is no way to have an exchange. You didn't mention War Campaign either, so how comes you're not engaging in this utterly bizarre line of argumentation in regards to that as well? Is it because it makes no sense?