Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    God i love the idea of such a story, where Sylvanas is seeing the horde destabalize, try to reinforce it, but in the complete wrong ways like taking out her possible competitors like Thrall and Baine.

Its just sad, that none of the in-game story shows this, with us seeing so little of Sylvanas's own thoughts and actions. Like the assasins in this cinematic still feel malplaced, like if it was Anduin sending people to kill Thrall and Saurfang.

They are once again hinting at some good story-telling, but only hinting.
    Will be a case of wait and see hopefully we get something good..

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    You have mispelled SOY.

Ah yes, because treason is so not controversial. It speaks volumes about people mentality. Reality is edgy, but I guess they don't show it on carebears show.

Since he has betrayed Garrosh.
    Sounds like you want to write a diary about your life is swirling into a spiraling abyss. Sure life is edgy but there's no denying that it's all predictable garbage because they're pandering to the edge crowd when in reality you're supposed to write a fantasy story that doesn't need to teeter into reality. Why do you think GoT S8 is hated? They're pandering to the edgy shock factor. Watch, next ep in GoT they kill the queen because OHH MAN TWIST.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have mispelled SOY.

Ah yes, because treason is so not controversial. It speaks volumes about people mentality. Reality is edgy, but I guess they don't show it on carebears show.

Since he has betrayed Garrosh.
    Imagine using soy unironically, especially in relation to a video game .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Did I miss something in the story so far?

Why is Thrall hiding in Nagrand?
    How Saurfang got there?
    Why Sylvanas want to kill Thrall?

Nothing makes any sense.

Now imagine watching this cinematic (or any other from Blizzard) in the same quality as those screenshots... not the shitty YT compression

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So Sylvanas tries to assassinate Thrall (most likely including his family), the former warchief and the guy who literally saved the world - I can't wait to hear how her fanboys will try to justify this. I'm so glad the Horde is getting it's true Warchief back. Lich Bitch is done boys.
    I have a feeling it was not her, but this is based on how those rogues looked like, their face, some kind of undead elf.
    I more and more start to believe that something has taken over Sylvanas, something dark from below. I hope it is true and I also hope that they are not bringing Thrall back to send him to die :/

- - - Updated - - -

The render quality has been improving massively in the last couple of years, but now even the detail level is outstanding. Even from the BfA cinematic to this there are some serious enhancements.

I wonder if we will get to see a second Warcraft movie, only this time fully renderized? It seems like a waste to keep upgrading the otherwise already neat graphics, merely for cinematic. They could truly create a mind blowing movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    But we've never seen Thrall in one of these HD cinematics, you cannot be the judge on whether its wrong or not. Also, Thrall IS old now. He's not as old as Saurfang, no, but Thrall is very much not a young orc anymore. Beside that, Thrall looks BANGER in this cinematic! He even grew out long hair again.
    I think the Warcraft cinematic is still canon, so we've already seen Thrall, years, years ago (fighting side-by-side with Grommash against Mannoroth). Okay that's an old cinematic but that's HD equivalent.

Regarding the whole "Thrall traitor" point of view, I don't really care, but the fact he abandoned the Horde and went hiding in darkest times make him a coward (and that's even more true if you look at that under Orc standards).

I hope there are some explanation about why Sylvanas wanted to kill Thrall. It seemed to me the two Rogues were after Saurfang but he just took the opportunity to lie to Thrall in order to push him to join the rebellion. If Sylvanas wanted Thrall dead, she wouldn't wait for the greatest Warrior of Azeroth to be near him.

Overall a bit underwhelmed by this cinematic. Top-notch quality as always, but I was far more impressed by the two previous ones. This one feels like a backstory and basically some kind of fan-service video (woohoo, Thrall ! woohoo, Nagrand ! woohoo, undead rogues !).

Edit: and I'll forever be sad we'll probably never get to see legendary antagonists in HD. Just imagine Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde, Sargeras or even a random Sha with this quality. Dayum.

Edit2: re-watching the cinematic, Thrall seems suspicious when Saurfang asks where the family is before his enigmatic "not far".
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-05-15 at 05:32 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Why is Thrall hiding in Nagrand?
    How Saurfang got there?
    Apparently nowadays one can just buy a ticket to pass the Dark Portal. Outlands / Azeroth are just a short ride away
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little confused by this video. Thats Outland Nagrand right? It looks pretty damn amazing to be in a world that should be dead by now.

But yeah I’m stoked to see Thrall back. It’s never felt right without him leading the horde in my mind. I sadly don’t see him leading it again, but I wish they would let him.

And you guys claiming bad story telling crack me up. No matter what Blizzard does you all complain. Just enjoy it for what it is. It was never going to be a fucking Tolkien masterpiece.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Will be a case of wait and see hopefully we get something good..
    They could just already have done it, and if we see some of this in-game in the future, it will just make the silent past a bit awkard and wierd.

That said, i still hope, because rather a good future than the same as now.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I'm sorry to say this cinematic didn't do anything for me. I didn't like nor hate it. I enjoyed the FFXIV Shadowbringers cinematic waaay more.
    I guess I'm too jaded against Blizzard nowadays.

Oh, another Horde cinematic about Horde driving narrative. So novel

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    Sounds like you want to write a diary about your life is swirling into a spiraling abyss. Sure life is edgy but there's no denying that it's all predictable garbage because they're pandering to the edge crowd when in reality you're supposed to write a fantasy story that doesn't need to teeter into reality. Why do you think GoT S8 is hated? They're pandering to the edgy shock factor. Watch, next ep in GoT they kill the queen because OHH MAN TWIST.
    GoT S8 is terrible because it is badly written. All of that shock value does not come from foreshadowing. There is no personality development, only phase jumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Imagine using soy unironically, especially in relation to a video game .
    Judging by your signature, I think there are far worse things than soy used in context of vg.

Not really a fan of Sylvanas, but hate that they allow us to be more "evil" and then keep taking it back. Let us be the bad guys dammit, or if you can't do that just merge the factions because there's no point in being the "slightly less good alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by anzay View Post
    As far as i know, Thrall was a warrior for a long while (untill Cataclysm maybe) before taking a shift towards the Elements and becoming a Far-Seer
    He took up shaman ways about the same time he freed the Orcs from the internment camps if I recall correctly. Drek'thar was in the resistance with Grom. In other words he was a shaman pre-classic up until the death of Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not really a fan of Sylvanas, but hate that they allow us to be more "evil" and then keep taking it back. Let us be the bad guys dammit, or if you can't do that just merge the factions because there's no point in being the "slightly less good alliance"
    I still feel like ending the faction conflict with the arbitrary Horde vs Alliance would actually allow for some storytelling that lets players be MORE evil.

If they wanted to explore the branching story idea that they're toying with on this Saurfang stuff, imagine taking that to higher levels with entire quest chains through certain zones being based on which path you chose to take. The quest chain for being good in Zone 2 being a direct result of the quest chain for being evil in Zone 1 type stuff. So good players get quest chains that are a "result" of the storyline for players doing evil stuff in previous chains.

And regardless of which faction you're primarily with, you could still make some good and evil choices.

It's a hard as hell line to walk in an MMO since ultimately all choice has to be an illusion and can't impact the bigger story's conclusion, but having player choice in smaller stories within the world that don't impact the larger narrative could definitely be explored.

Another option would be to take a page from SWTOR and FFXIV and do more with class stories that take place at various points through leveling/expansion content and let those have more player choice.

GoT S8 is terrible because it is badly written. All of that shock value does not come from foreshadowing. There is no personality development, only phase jumps..
    I don't know about you but I don't need foreshadowing to predict the outcome. They're literally following a template by the trends we have in media. It's not really hard to see. Watch them kill dany, jon does it, and then exiles himself. They're trying to make everyone not feel good because "thing's aren't rainbows and sunshine"

I don't know about you but I don't need foreshadowing to predict the outcome. They're literally following a template by the trends we have in media. It's not really hard to see. Watch them kill dany, jon does it, and then exiles himself. They're trying to make everyone not feel good because "thing's aren't rainbows and sunshine"
    Mate you read spoilers and that's cool but that is not a template buy the trends in media. Ultimately they are right. I'm not a fan of self exile but things usually aren't rainbows and sunshine. Personally U still hope the leaks were wrong and Dany will sit on the throne and keep it but we'll see. The same leaks predicted Qyuburn to become one of X king advisor. And I think he is now neck deep in death.

/spit

FOR THE DARK LADY!

Wait, so rogues literally turn invisible?