Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    So they didn't learn anything.

Its not about platform pride, its about different types of game. Can't have game with more than couple of buttons on mobile. People who like dumb games already play on mobile. People who prefer more advanced games play on PC. Announcing mobile game in room full of PC gamers has nothing to do with platform pride, it has everything to do with Blizzard speaking to wrong audience.

Platform pride is when people talk about playing WoW on Windows vs Mac. That nonsense is real platform pride because game itself is identical.
    This. They're either sticking their heads in the sand or they're purposely ignoring the actual issue people had with it. It wasn't about a mobile game, it was advertising a mobile game to PC gamers. It be like going to an Xbox convention and advertising a Playstation exclusive; you're going to have a bad time.

My biggest issue with the interviews though was this line: Diablo Immortal will be a Blizzard game and will use Blizzard values in monetization.

Hasn't it already come to light that this was just a reskin of another game or were those just rumors? Haven't there been leaked screen shots that show the extremely aggressive monetization they're going for with the Chinese market?

Here, they're claiming it to be a Blizzard game with Blizzard values in mind towards monetization. Frankly, I can't wait to see just what their current values are when it comes to said monetization, because I can't see them being good. We'll know for sure if Blizzard is still a company that leans towards it's old values of customers first or if the new leadership has moved towards stock holders first, consumers second. Time will tell, and Diablo will be a major contributor in telling that story.

10+ Year Old Account
    The desire to have a Blizzard-quality mobile experience has continued to increase in both Blizzard and fan's minds depending on age and how long you've had a mobile phone.
    Ha don't make me laugh, people wanted Hearthstone on Mobile because it fit as well as a quick way to deal with their Garrison and that was it. No one has been clamoring for Starcraft, Overwatch or Diablo on a phone and even less WoW in it's entirety.

Hearthstone on mobile was step one and this is step two. There will be other steps because they believe in mobile as a platform for gaming in the future.
    Oh wait let me laugh even harder. HAHAHAHA

It's a mess already.

Not that I personally care, but they could've just had the mounts that got removed not getting removed at all. They're always thinking so backwards -.-

LOL Layering.. Same Shit as Phasing. plan yo be layered on your own server not seeing anyone until you walk into the Cities... JOKE!!! let a server be a server if it gets overwhelmed or too many people farming something.. WHO CARES!!! that's a living world! where with that Layering Bullshit.. you phase when a lot of people are farming stuff (So people cant farm and not have to wait around) oh so make it more Single player..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Ha don't make me laugh, people wanted Hearthstone on Mobile because it fit as well as a quick way to deal with their Garrison and that was it. No one has been clamoring for Starcraft, Overwatch or Diablo on a phone and even less WoW in it's entirety.

Oh wait let me laugh even harder. HAHAHAHA
    I wouldn't laugh if we had like, holographic interfaces and haptic feedback systems that are projected from your phone, so you can have a 'full' gaming experience. As it is, with a touch screen that has very limited inputs, and is blocked partially by you doing things? I don't see it as a very good platform at all. The Nintendo DS is more of a gaming platform than phones.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Skepticism of releasing games outside of PC has also occurred for titles such as Diablo III. It stems from people having pride in what their gaming platform is because they feel like the best games are on that particular platform."

Oh you don't wanna go there, Blizzard, trust me. x_x

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    "Skepticism of releasing games outside of PC has also occurred for titles such as Diablo III. It stems from people having pride in what their gaming platform is because they feel like the best games are on that particular platform."

Oh you don't wanna go there, Blizzard, trust me. x_x
    In this case, it's not just "releasing games outside of PC", it's "releasing games not on PC at all". They don't seem to understand that fact.

"Their core mission of creating amazing games for players with a commitment to quality has not changed with leadership." Well, it sure as hell changed with something.

J.Allen Brack reaks of corporate speak

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    So they didn't learn anything.

Its not about platform pride, its about different types of game. Can't have game with more than couple of buttons on mobile. People who like dumb games already play on mobile. People who prefer more advanced games play on PC. Announcing mobile game in room full of PC gamers has nothing to do with platform pride, it has everything to do with Blizzard speaking to wrong audience.

Platform pride is when people talk about playing WoW on Windows vs Mac. That nonsense is real platform pride because game itself is identical.
    This scared me. No one can look at keyboard/mouse+ 3840x2160 monitor and claim it's somehow comparable to small, touch-screen mobile interface. Add the ability to update your hardware and the freedom of controlling your OS more, and PC gaming is in another league.

I'd be totally placated if he had said, "Mobile is another platform that can have amazing games, and we have some great ideas that are specific to mobile." That makes sense. But his actual answer means he's either delusional or he's being fed a line from The Board to justify mobile gaming.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    In this case, it's not just "releasing games outside of PC", it's "releasing games not on PC at all". They don't seem to understand that fact.
    I really hope they don't seriously ask each other "I wonder why we are losing our audience?" because that would just make me lose hope for humanity knowing I'm the same specie as them. ;_:

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I really hope they don't seriously ask each other "I wonder why we are losing our audience?" because that would just make me lose hope for humanity knowing I'm the same specie as them. ;_:
    You'd think the amount of feedback and people posting on forums and the like would tell them exactly why they're losing their audience. @_@

People need to accept that blizzard will be a mobile-focused developer soon going forward, targeting younger kids all over the world and bigger focus on the asian market

Hearthstone on mobile was step one and this is step two. There will be other steps because they believe in mobile as a platform for gaming in the future. This does not mean that they don't believe in console gaming and PC gaming as a platform for the future. They do.
    I mean, they shouldn't. 10 years ago people didn't believe you'd be web-browsing on a phone instead of a computer.

It won't be long until your phone is as powerful as a gaming desktop and you can just connect to monitors and a keyboard and play games. Not to mention the whole game streaming thing which keeps getting better. Consoles are just off the shelf PCs already.

I'm reasonably sure I could play WoW on my Galaxy S10+ if it had the proper support and I could connect the peripherals I need.

This is Jason Gallagher, the writer of the Den of Geek article. Some quick thoughts regarding the two guys I talked to saying more level 60 content is possible and Ion saying the opposite.

1. Ion is the lead dev and I suspect he's probably focused on keeping the player base focused on the current version of Classic instead of what may or may not happen two or more years from now.
    2. The devs I spoke with, Brian and Patrick, did seem very sincere about the option being on the table, but they didn't say anything like "we're definitely going to do it." It's just a long-term possibility, just like BC or Lich King servers.
    3. As someone else already pointed out, I could see both stories being accurate in the long-run. Blizzard will never make changes to the Classic servers that are going live in August, but could release an updated server that you can copy your character to and that one will get new level 60 content, etc.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I mean, they shouldn't. 10 years ago people didn't believe you'd be web-browsing on a phone instead of a computer.

It won't be long until your phone is as powerful as a gaming desktop and you can just connect to monitors and a keyboard and play games. Not to mention the whole game streaming thing which keeps getting better. Consoles are just off the shelf PCs already.

I'm reasonably sure I could play WoW on my Galaxy S10+ if it had the proper support and I could connect the peripherals I need.
    When I have the choice I always prefer to browse the web on my PC though. It's much faster and easier to read. I avoid using my phone to browse whenever possible.

"They picked NetEase because the company is passionate(money) for Blizzard IPs (Money) and shares the development-type culture(money). Diablo Immortal will be a Blizzard game and will use Blizzard values in monetization."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgarde View Post
    Den of Geek interview:
    When asked if new level 60 content after Naxxramas could be developed, such as new 40 man raids, the team said anything is on the table and this is a love letter to fans. If the fans desire it, it will be considered. There are no plans as of now, but that bridge will be crossed when they get there.

GameReactor interview:
    Ion Hazzikostas and Calia Shie both explained how changes to the overall concept and the addition of new content were out of the question since once altered that would make a Classic server something else entirely.

Small indy company. I would assume they don't talk to each other in there. No wonder WoW is now a massive cluster*** if their own developer can't publicly agree towards each other. Amazing !
    It's not really a contradiction. They can release B.C. or Wrath servers and leave Classic servers alone. There's no law that says that additional content releases have to directly connect to vanilla.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Over 90% of you will be rushing to install Diablo Immortal when it hits. You know it,
    I know it, even Jon Snow knows it. Stop pretending. Stop the feigned outrage. Everyone sees through your bullshit.