Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Oh, one more thing I noticed, or it appeared noticeable to me at the beginning of the cinematic. Was there actual animosity between Thrall and Saurfang and mistrust of Saurfang on Thrall's part? When Saurfang asks where his family is, it seemed Thrall hesitated a very long moment and then only gave a non-answer. That seemed kind of strange to me, unless Thrall is pissed at Saurfang for his part in the new war or something like that. It seemed more than just a 'I don't want any part in your war' to me.
    Yeah he looks 100% suspicious. And I don't see any reason for him to be.
    Could say he may think that Saurfang is sent by his Warchief to assassinate him but... He left a long time ago and is not even on Azeroth anymore, I don't even know if he knows what happened after his failure on the Broken Shore. So the whole BfA story... Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There does seem to be something "wrong" with those Forsaken assassins - beyond, well, being Forsaken. Not sure if it's something left to be in question or if it's just the way they're portrayed in a full cinematic, but they don't seem right all the same.
    To me it looks like rapid corruption or rapid undeath, like they were living not long ago. Don't think blizzards undeads have ever shown blood and the wound under the eye doesn't even look old nor that dried out. Almost as if they should appear being forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Always just assumed it was combat stealth. You don't have to be silent, just quieter than the ambient noise.
    It would be next to impossible to disappear in the way Rogues do in-game in the midst of combat - which is where the whole notion of magic comes from. Rogue abilities like Cloak of Shadows, Shadowstep, Symbols of Death, and Shadow Blades also point to Rogues having limited access to the Shadow school of magic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Isn't Jon Snow Lor'themar 2.0 since Lor'themar has not wanted the throne for nearly 10 years and everyone around him tells him to keep it. Rommath even at one point hinted he should be warchief.

Also can we take Saurfang's words about following rogues at face value? If so we have the two most incompetent rogues to ever grace Azeroth and outland. And I have seen some very incompetent rogues in human hands. Being found out by a warrior is something else.
    Back in the day it was supposed to go:

Rogues > Hunters > Warriors > Rogues

But how would the rogues not see Saurfang walking through a field of grain with how huge he is? Just assumed that he couldn't see them so it was OK?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...78007780986884
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dir: Marc Messenger
    Writer: @christieGolden
    Tons of love and effort from an incredible team.
    Hope you enjoy!
    2019, the year of beautiful cinematography but horrible writing

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Eh, not like resident evil has monopoly on it... Just saying that those veins are mostly used to signal something corrupting someone. Wish the T-Virus does btw. I wouldn't equate forsaken with Zombies tho.

I can't remember blizzard ever having given forsaken those veins....unless you can point me to it.
    ? https://www.wowhead.com/quest=26799/...uldnt-be-saved (see the mindless zombie)
    forsakens are zombies, there was even a similar quest in vanilla

and i meant that these veins are standard representation of zombies and reanimated corpses, with resident evil being a notable example (the two are basically identical)

It would be next to impossible to disappear in the way Rogues do in-game in the midst of combat - which is where the whole notion of magic comes from. Rogue abilities like Cloak of Shadows, Shadowstep, Symbols of Death, and Shadow Blades also point to Rogues having limited access to the Shadow school of magic.
    if i dont remember wrong the goblin rog trainer in the isle explicty speak about using shadow abilities to stealth
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2019-05-15 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    To me it looks like rapid corruption or rapid undeath, like they were living not long ago. Don't think blizzards undeads have ever shown blood and the wound under the eye doesn't even look old nor dried out. Almost as if they should appear being forsaken.
    They definitely seem like "new" Forsaken, which is probably the only kind who would willingly go on a mission to kill Thrall. The Forsaken of Lordaeron all bear the marks of either age or great violence due to the legacy of the Scourge - usually in various stages of very obvious putrefaction.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Don't worry, Sylvanas fans! The way Blizzard storytelling work, she purposely sent those two assassins to get killed off so that would bring Thrall into the fold. It's a part of her master plan to unite all of Azeroth's forces against the evil Old Gods, thus absolving her of all her sins and making her the hero in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Always just assumed it was combat stealth. You don't have to be silent, just quieter than the ambient noise.
    now you have to ask yourself... do warriors actually bladestorm?

imo, there is no such actual thing of invisible stealth done by assassins and has never been in the lore until this moment, which makes it stupid. When the writers can't differentiate between what is a game mechanic and lore, you know they need to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    So why exactly is she sending assassins after Thrall?
    As said, she wanted to kill him since thrall being involved would incentivise a stronger rebellion against her.

Sylvanas is fine example of an alcoholic wife beater, she does her horrible act, but when people intervene to stop her, they then become the problem and need to off them just so she can get back to being the lowlife scumbag they've become.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    ? https://www.wowhead.com/quest=26799/...uldnt-be-saved (see the mindless zombie)
    forsakens are zombies, there was even a similar quest in vanilla

and i meant that these veins are standard representation of zombies and reanimated corpses, with resident evil being a notable example (the two are basically identical)
    They are also a standard representation of corruption. Have blizzard portrayed their zombies in such exaggerated veiny manner before? Can't recall, asked you if you did, didn't answer that though. They definitely didn't in the earlier cinematics. Thing is the cinematics team are great when it comes to details and I don't think they would suddenly "lets go generic veiny look but exaggerate it" for shit and giggles.

Also I disagree on them being identical...veins are veins, so pattern is similar, RE ones are toned down, while the ones in the cinematic are dark just like in any movie where they have corrupted blood or gets infected by something.

To me it doesn't look like a "zombie".
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-15 at 06:04 PM.

It would appear Sylvanas is liquidating possible sources of dissent proactively, meaning the assassins were there for Thrall and not Saurfang - at least so long as you take Saurfang at his word.
    Honestly, it doesnt really make sense for them to attack the orcs. Instead of getting a 1v2 they get evened odds. They had to have heard that thrall was gonna sit it out. Of course none of this will actually be useful info going forward. They want bad writing to permeate everywhere, even in places that it shouldnt be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Sylvanas's enemy is "hope", it's been pretty obvious she wants to snuff it out entirely.
    Thrall gives people hope. So it makes sense she hunts him down.
    I don't know why people who clearly haven't read the mini-stories bother commenting on this sort of thing.

Sylvanas wanted to remove hope for the Alliance, to discourage the individual factions. That way they're start being just race-groups and not a faction, so each one can be dealt with individually.

She specifically said she wanted to make peace with each race, but that might actually mean kill the hell out of until they can't fight back.

I guess breaking the hope of traitors is acceptable? But I'm pretty sure she'd be smart enough to know that killing Thrall is a bad move.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    To me it looks like rapid corruption or rapid undeath, like they were living not long ago. Don't think blizzards undeads have ever shown blood and the wound under the eye doesn't even look old nor that dried out. Almost as if they should appear being forsaken.
    Maybe sylvanas forced them to inject raw, unrefined EVIL ? Or even worse, first turned EVIL into suppository and then forced them to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I don't know why people who clearly haven't read the mini-stories bother commenting on this sort of thing.

Sylvanas wanted to remove hope for the Alliance, to discourage the individual factions. That way they're start being just race-groups and not a faction, so each one can be dealt with individually.

She specifically said she wanted to make peace with each race, but that might actually mean kill the hell out of until they can't fight back.

I guess breaking the hope of traitors is acceptable? But I'm pretty sure she'd be smart enough to know that killing Thrall is a bad move.
    Saurfang wanted to make peace by war (....), Sylvanas wanted to rob everyone of their hope and throw them into despair, because that's what war is for. She even smirks at the Horde soldiers that have been burned alive, because she perceives this as a success of her strategy to make everyone go batshit crazy and commit unthinkable atrocities. Her foremost thought in this is, how she can succeed in this with Saurfang, because so far he has proven resistant. So... no, not only Alliance. Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Maybe sylvanas forced them to inject raw, unrefined EVIL ? Or even worse, first turned EVIL into suppository and then forced them to take it.
    Wouldn't surprise me if they did write that. Could also be an indication that she infact does rob new forsaken of their free will. Which also works with the current writing style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Sylvanas fans unhappy? I thought you were on board with the 'evil for the lulz' aka 'morally grey' direction of her Horde. The rest of the Horde is reacting.
    As much as we all dislike MoP 2.0 into N'Zoth, she's going down.
    I don't see any consequences for my "wrong doing". At the end of all this I will still be the champion. No one cares that I helped wiped out the Nelves or Plague-Sprayed the alliance. And the end of all of this Tyrande will still give me quests. Because she needs me They all need me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A still image from Blizzcon will show Ji with a depressed plunger next to him while he is watching an orphanage burn, Blizz will asure us tehre is a different side to the story, and we just need ot wait and see. Following that there will be an elaborate cutscene that shows that not only did Ji blow up the orphanage, but he whispered to every child that Santa didnt exist before he did.

After that there will be a full-length cinematic of Gallywix looking sad to ensure the Horde that not everyone in the Horde agrees with this terrible injustice to the Hordes identity as something other than bloodthirsty savages.

After some complaining from Alliance, we will be assured that the scales will tip back in our favor soon enough, and next we see them, Alliance sets fire to a Horde war camp that openly partook in live vivisection and slavery, Blizz will now claim that Alliance is just as morally grey as the Horde.

Further into the expansion, every patch will be billed as the one where Alliance gets to retaliate, except every time it is preceded by Ji smirking and eating another orphan and puppy kebab while the Horde leaders say nothing.

Thrall will then be brought back again to set things right, and the Alliance will say that next time it is super super serious if they have to spank them again.
    You'll be hired soon™

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool319 View Post
    Honestly, it doesnt really make sense for them to attack the orcs. Instead of getting a 1v2 they get evened odds. They had to have heard that thrall was gonna sit it out. Of course none of this will actually be useful info going forward. They want bad writing to permeate everywhere, even in places that it shouldnt be an issue.
    Sylvanas would likely not wish to antagonize Thrall or kill him outright, but she could also not risk Saurfang and Thrall finding common cause (against her) either. Thrall was very obviously sitting it out, but Saurfang was going to bring him back into the fold. I don't think this is "bad writing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Looks like she been reading from the necronomicon again *pulls out double barrel shotgun and straps chainsaw to wrist*