Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Already exhausted most of my anger on Discord. Let's just say this bullshit by Blizzard has bred as much contempt for them in my soul as they apparently have for the average night elf player by expecting them to swallow and believe this disingenuous, transparent bullshit.

This is actually hilariously bad. I play alliance, where exactly did tyrande get her revenge? When did it happen? Did I miss a cinematic or a cutscene or something? Last thing I remember is the darkshore warfront where there isn’t a canonical winner meaning the horde are still in the night elven areas. I also remember tyrande killed a val’kyr as if we haven’t done that plenty already. Where is her revenge exactly?

And now that the story is actually focusing on ancient elven history specifically night elven history, she gets removed from the story? So night elves were basically added into the war campaign story to get absolutely decimated and then what? I mean how fucking bad is your story telling that you have to -tell- people that she got her revenge? You wouldn’t have to tell anyone at all if it was actually shown. I mean FFS, they went from really bad writing to not writing at all.

Yeah let’s hear more about Anduin and sylvanas when the 10000 year old night elven leader is at the forefront of the story. I definitely wanna hear more about them for sure. Certainly not a good idea to include the night elves in this story.

Jesus Christ lmao
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-05-15 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This is actually hilariously bad. I play alliance, where exactly did tyrande get her revenge? When did it happen? Did I miss a cinematic or a cutscene or something? Last thing I remember is the darkshore warfront where there isn’t a canonical winner meaning the horde are still in the night elven areas. I also remember tyrande killed a val’kyr as if we haven’t done that plenty already. Where is her revenge exactly?
    Remember the Nathanos cinematic where Tyrande made a cameo and stood there menacingly? That was her revenge. That and failing to stop him so a ton of night elves just join Sylvanas. Truly an epic revenge story.

And now that the story is actually focusing on ancient elven history specifically night elven history, she gets removed from the story? So night elves were basically added into the war campaign story to get absolutely decimated and then what? I mean how fucking bad is your story telling that you have to -tell- people that she got her revenge? You wouldn’t have to tell anyone at all if it was actually shown. I mean FFS, they went from really bad writing to not writing at all.
    She killed a few forsaken and orc mooks and got some dumb transformation that made her just competent enough to take out one of multiple Sylvanas plot devices that she got in WotLK for god knows what reason, but only if she works together with the world's strongest Archdruid.

That's her "revenge."

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Disgusting. Poor NE. Poor Tyrande. They started bringing back the feral side of the race only to leave it there.

It's kind of weird that Tyrande is considered to have had her revenge, yet in-game Jaina says that the Horde will still pay for Teldrassil when she agrees to a temporary truce.

Then again, it's not surprising. The writers are always terrible with Tyrande. She goes to Val'sharah to save her husband and after flailing around yelling out for him for 30 minutes, she is forced to fight Ysera instead. Then she's not heard of for the rest of the Emerald Nightmare arc. The city she was born and raised in is taken over by the Legion and she not only shows up late, but then all she proceeds to do is insult the Nightborne rebellion and then gets frozen in time.

They'll never let her be cool. Or useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Remember the Nathanos cinematic where Tyrande made a cameo and stood there menacingly? That was her revenge. That and failing to stop him so a ton of night elves just join Sylvanas. Truly an epic revenge story.
    @Yarathir

Ah yeah. That was really nice. She killed some random nobodies together with Malfurion, yelled at Anduin and then became “the night warrior” and ended up doing nothing at all. That’s really good revenge if you leave out the fact she literally got to do nothing.

I’m also really glad they don’t wanna include the night elves in a story centered around their 10000 year old queen. I couldn’t be more excited for more story with maximum human potential and not-garrosh.

Th writing in WoW has never been great but holy fuck if there were a contest about who could set the lowest bar I think these BfA writers would win. Even if it’s the same guy whose been writing sylvanas for 10 years, doesn’t matter. They just absolutely trashed what could’ve been 2 interesting story lines (tyrandes revenge and the night elves with azshara). Par for the course I guess.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-05-15 at 06:21 PM.

Remember that quote from the story and lore developer stream?
    The Terror of Darkshore cutscene was a moment to show the ferocity of the night elves seen in past games.
    It was nice while it lasted, right guys?

I feel bad for the night elf fans in particular. This is just a slap in the face.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-05-15 at 06:54 PM.

@Yarathir

Ah yeah. That was really nice. She killed some random nobodies together with Malfurion, yelled at Anduin and then became “the night warrior” and ended up doing nothing at all. That’s really good revenge if you leave out the fact she literally got to do nothing.

I’m also really glad they don’t wanna include the night elves in a story centered around their 10000 year old queen. I couldn’t be more excited for more story with maximum human potential and not-garrosh.
    Remember that one guy she froze in place and didn't even kill? And then I think he got freed later on?

SUCH REVENGE.

@Yarathir

Yep, I can't wait for the people who are really involved in the Azshara story to shine in this patch, who are Anduin, Jaina and Sylvanas.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Yep, I can't wait for the people who are really involved in the Azshara story to shine in this patch, who are Anduin, Jaina and Sylvanas.
    "you'll suffer for your crimes against Stormwind Azshara!"
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

B-but Shandris also gets to play a role. That's.. totally something.. right? No?

Oh god, I remember joking that Thalyssra and Liadrin would be the ones to take down Azshara and that Tyrande would be absent. I was trying to be overly cynical, and it ended up being true. (well, half-true, at least) Hilarious..ly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    "you'll suffer for your crimes against Stormwind Azshara!"
    Anduin's revenge has been a long time coming, he really deserves the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    B-but Shandris also gets to play a role. That's.. totally something.. right? No?

Oh god, I remember joking that Thalyssra and Liadrin would be the ones to take down Azshara and that Tyrande would be absent. I was trying to be overly cynical, and it ended up being true. (well, half-true, at least) Hilarious..ly sad.
    I can't wait for *token night elf with default model* to give the night elves true representation but be irrelevant to the actual story!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Disgusting. Poor NE. Poor Tyrande. They started bringing back the feral side of the race only to leave it there.
    I have a feeling Tyrande is going to do something really stupid in 8.3 and somebody gonna get caught in the crossfire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we please already leave the alliance? This is horrible.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna play some Warcraft 3 and remember a time when Blizzard last and only time they cared about Night Elves

I mean seriously ever since WoW started back in 2004 Night Elves have been an afterthought. I know some people will say "BUT DA BFA SHITE LOREZ". But they are totally clueless because this shit goes back to vanilla.

It;s like after Warcraft 3 someone said "yea I don;t like how this race turned out, let's stick them in the corner and let them gather dust until people forget they exist"

So annoyed

Well never fear I am sure it will be explained in a book /s
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-15 at 06:54 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Gonna play some Warcraft 3 and remember a time when Blizzard last cared about Night Elves

I mean seriously ever since WoW started back in 2004 Night Elves have been an afterthought. I know some people will say "BUT DA BFA SHITE LOREZ" but they are totally clueless that this shit goes back to vanilla.

So annoyed
    You knew the Nelves were going down when Blizz thought a happy jumping animation would be great for idle Nelves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    You knew the Nelves were going down when Blizz thought a happy jumping animation would be great for idle Nelves.
    That was the subtle first jab of many to come :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

When was Tyrande and Azshara these "bitter" enemies?

Tyrande and her people are homeless, what would Azshara gain by going after them? Again, Tyrande and her people are homeless... what would they have to gain by going after Azshara?

If Blizzard did like I suggested over a year ago and let the Night Elves move to Val'sharah, then yeah they'd be more in the vicinity of Naz'jatar, but there's literally no reason for Tyrande to go to Darkshore, since she's not actively fighting the Horde in that area.

Yeah I'm calling bullhonkey on that. Proper revenge would be sending a thousand ashen wisps to Archimonde Orgrimmar.

At best, canonically retaking one of the two zones the Horde stole, the shittier one that was almost destroyed already by the Cataclysm, doesn't feel gratifying.

We have the power of an actual god on our side, I want some OP uses of it. A starfall the size of meteors, that big "drop the moon" balance druid attack but literally dropping the actual moon, let's do some damage.

Heck, if we want some morally grey Alliance, let's have her take it out on Mulgore until Thunder Bluff looks like Darkshore.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-05-15 at 07:02 PM.