Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer WoTLK locked servers over any Classic / TBC for a long run.

Golden time of WoW. The game was still hardcore enough but with necessary QoL changes and increased class / spec depth.
    Pity they decided to go with 1.12 and not 3.3.5a

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand I really want a hard narrative reset with a new team.

On the other what they’d change would be limited. We probably would never see class changes or any quality of life stuff. Just more raids/zones/dungeons that reward gear equal to or worse than Naxx (Judging by what I’ve seen from people asking for this). We probably wouldn’t even see new (Or returning) races.

I’d rather they go to TBC/Wrath and build from there instead if they want to do fresh expansions with an old formula and better writers.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-05-15 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunwrathmother View Post

I DONT want to see new content, new raids and new battlegrounds.
    But many of us do. I think they can keep some server as "vanilla" as possible, while have few "progressive" classic servers. That would be nice IMO.

I don't think new content would work well for classic. At some point you do need to have a gear reset rather then infinitely expanding tiers.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand I really want a hard narrative reset with a new team.

On the other what they’d change would be limited. We probably would never see class changes or any quality of life stuff. Just more raids/zones/dungeons that reward gear equal to or worse than Naxx (Judging by what I’ve seen from people asking for this). We probably wouldn’t even see new (Or returning) races.

I’d rather they go to TBC/Wrath and build from there instead if they want to do fresh expansions with an old formula and better writers.
    They were saying "anything is a possibility" in regards to TBC and Wrath servers, not making unique Classic content.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Azshara Crater, Grim Batol, QuelThalas, anything else?
    Hyjal, Emerald Dream...also part of the Outland was planned for Vanilla wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They were saying "anything is a possibility" in regards to TBC and Wrath servers, not making unique Classic content.
    That's false from quote in original post.

"In the original World of Warcraft, the level 60 Naxxramas raid was essentially the last major content update for the game before The Burning Crusade arrived. Den of Geek noticed many players on the ClassicWoW subreddit and elsewhere talking about Blizzard creating new level 60 content, including brand new 40-man raids if Classic is a huge success. It would be an opportunity for Blizzard to continue developing the game with its original sensibilities in mind. We were a bit surprised when Blizzard told us it's a real possibility and not a crazy pipe dream."
    Last edited by ManiaCCC; 2019-05-15 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people gonna realize that Vanilla systems / controls / talents were horrible when they going to try them out. Few of the specs are nearly unplayable. Is it fun to walk around with auto-attack being your only damage ability until the latest talent rows? There are a few DPS specs like this in Vanilla, believe it or not.

Not to mention all other inconveniences and, perhaps the worst of them all - absence of Arenas and rated PvP system in Classic.
    Vanilla had far too many problems and annoyances; TBC made the game considerably better and Wrath perfected it, raising it to the highest standard and best balance this game have ever seen.

I still think that it should have been Wrath. A ton of people are still playing on private servers and they prefer 3.3.5 to all other game versions (check these servers and check statistics). There are various tweaks, rates, some additions - after all, private is private, but the popularity of Wrath speaks for itself.

I always considered myself to be very unlucky for I have missed Wrath on retail (started to play on EU in Cata). Perhaps I'll have this opportunity at last in a few years at least, on fully working real Wrath realm run by Blizzard...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Hyjal, Emerald Dream...also part of the Outland was planned for Vanilla wow.

- - - Updated - - -

That's false from quote in original post.

"In the original World of Warcraft, the level 60 Naxxramas raid was essentially the last major content update for the game before The Burning Crusade arrived. Den of Geek noticed many players on the ClassicWoW subreddit and elsewhere talking about Blizzard creating new level 60 content, including brand new 40-man raids if Classic is a huge success. It would be an opportunity for Blizzard to continue developing the game with its original sensibilities in mind. We were a bit surprised when Blizzard told us it's a real possibility and not a crazy pipe dream."
    So it is. I must be thinking of the Interview with John Hight and Omar Gonzalez.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    A lot of people gonna realize that Vanilla systems / controls / talents were horrible when they going to try them out. Few of the specs are nearly unplayable. Is it fun to walk around with auto-attack being your only damage ability until the latest talent rows? There are a few DPS specs like this in Vanilla, believe it or not.

Not to mention all other inconveniences and, perhaps the worst of them all - absence of Arenas and rated PvP system in Classic.
    Vanilla had far too many problems and annoyances; TBC made the game considerably better and Wrath perfected it, raising it to the highest standard and best balance this game have ever seen.

I still think that it should have been Wrath. A ton of people are still playing on private servers and they prefer 3.3.5 to all other game versions (check these servers and check statistics). There are various tweaks, rates, some additions - after all, private is private, but the popularity of Wrath speaks for itself.

I always considered myself to be very unlucky for I have missed Wrath on retail (started to play on EU in Cata). Perhaps I'll have this opportunity at last in a few years at least, on fully working real Wrath realm run by Blizzard...
    I find it somewhat odd you have this much praise for Wrath but then you never played it during retail, it had a ton of issues and I'm not sure best balance is really all that true especially.

I have suggested this from day 1. Im glad people are starting to warm up to the idea of progressive content to Vanilla. As long ss it stays within the spirit of Vanilla I think it could be great.

We don't need to go full into TBC to progress the story. Theres plenty of side story that could have happened while our characters were off in Outland, stories not told of adventures happening in Azeroth.

I think a Vanilla style Emerald Nightmare could be fun, or thearting a Kobold invasion megadungeon, or even making a raid out of Karazhan Dungeons. Theres so much unexplored territory that fits the Vanilla era and aesthetic.

Restoring and continuing the development of cut content from Vanilla should definitely be done. Just to add something new for the fans, without taking much from the development of live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I find it somewhat odd you have this much praise for Wrath but then you never played it during retail, it had a ton of issues and I'm not sure best balance is really all that true especially.
    I've played it on Blizzlike private realm before starting on retail in early Cata.

The server (named Molten WoW) was quite decent, about 90% of the stuff worked right back then (I mention its name cause this server does no longer exist, so I hope I didn't violate some rules).

So, I can speak of Wrath, I've played it long enough (2008-2011).

I've played it on Blizzlike private realm before starting on retail in early Cata.

The server (named Molten WoW) was quite decent, about 90% of the stuff worked right back then (I mention its name cause this server does no longer exist, so I hope I didn't violate some rules).

So, I can speak of Wrath, I've played it long enough (2008-2011).
    Nothing wrong with liking it, was the most popular expansion for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    Blizzard's response to additional level 60 content for Classic WoW..

"Anything is on the table. This is a love letter to our fans. If the fans have a desire for something, it would absolutely be considered. We're certainly not planning to do that today, but if people want more, we can talk about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

- Patrick Dawson, Production Director Classic WoW
    Is this the same love letter that requires a current subscription to get into beta? Well I suppose some might call it love. I call it prostitution. But hey I've been known to run around with the undesirable crowd from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Nothing wrong with liking it, was the most popular expansion for a reason.
    Another reason is I don't know how to even approach Vanilla, since I can't even enjoy my beloved main character I'm sticking to for 8 years. Ret is literally the worst melee spec in Classic as people claim, which has only auto attack as main damage ability. Also, I'll have to play Alliance to play a Paladin. It was perhaps cool in 2004, but it's horrible and it's totally unacceptable 2019 wise. I'm sorry.

Probably I won't play Classic at all. Sticking to 16 year old Paladins Alliance, Shamans Horde only principle is bad, even idiotic, idea. By correcting this in TBC they gained a lot of subs back then. I wish they would be smart enough to change things in more realistic way and not listen to purists.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2019-05-15 at 07:52 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I don't think new content would work well for classic. At some point you do need to have a gear reset rather then infinitely expanding tiers.
    They could make you go to 70. It's just a number.

They could even add Elves and Draenei, they're just races.

What matters is that the spirit of Vanilla WoW remains with any new addition. After Naxx hell they could make you go to Outland, but it would be Vanilla Outland, not TBC Outland. No flying mounts. Instead of a dungeon like Hellfire Ramparts, a hallway with 3 bosses and only one way to go, you get Hellfire Citadel as a dungeon, with 10 bosses and a non linear dungeon. A huge sprawling maze like UBRS, BRD, Scholomance etc. No 20 min 'heroic' hallway dungeons! A real dungeon!

Instead of killing off Illidan and Kael'thas for laughable reasons they could come up with a real story. Instead of 25 man raids they'd keep them at 40. Instead of adding arena and welfare epics, they stick with battlegrounds and the original honor system. Instead of adding badge welfare gear, epics remain epic.

You get the idea.

The fact of the matter is retail WoW (bfa) is no longer popular. According to various sites that track player numbers it's below one million. That number is not going to go higher any time soon. What this game needs is a return to its roots and a reboot. Classic could be the beginning of a whole new, magical journey! Imagine 2 years from now you venture to Outland, remade with modern graphics and coupled with the vanilla game design. Wouldn't that be epic?
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-05-15 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    They could make you go to 70. It's just a number.

They could even add Elves and Draenei, they're just races.

What matters is that the spirit of Vanilla WoW remains with any new addition. After Naxx hell they could make you go to Outland, but it would be Vanilla Outland, not TBC Outland. No flying mounts. Instead of a dungeon like Hellfire Ramparts, a hallway with 3 bosses and only one way to go, you get Hellfire Citadel as a dungeon, with 10 bosses and a non linear dungeon. A huge sprawling maze like UBRS, BRD, Scholomance etc. No 20 min 'heroic' hallway dungeons! A real dungeon!

Instead of killing off Illidan and Kael'thas they could come up with a real story. Instead of 25 man raids they'd keep them at 40. Instead of adding arena and welfare epics, they stick with battlegrounds and the original honor system. Instead of adding badge welfare gear, epics remain epic.

You get the idea.

The fact of the matter is retail WoW (bfa) is no longer popular. According to various sites that track player numbers it's below one million. That number is not going to go higher any time soon. What this game needs is a return to its roots and a reboot. Classic could be the beginning of a whole new, magical journey! Imagine 2 years from now you venture to Outland, remade with modern graphics and coupled with the vanilla game design. Wouldn't that be epic?
    I would want to see separate servers for that with a free option to move a character from classic to them then.

I think that to far of a radical departure for classic servers

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I would want to see separate servers for that with a free option to move a character from classic to them then.

I think that to far of a radical departure for classic servers
    I'd be perfectly okay with that, to me it seems the logical next step is to expand on Classic in this way, assuming the player numbers will justify it. Fingers crossed.

yeah, i rather have TBC, thanks

I'd prefer WoTLK locked servers over any Classic / TBC for a long run.

Golden time of WoW. The game was still hardcore enough but with necessary QoL changes and increased class / spec depth.
    Pity they decided to go with 1.12 and not 3.3.5a
    I wouldnt call expansion where most core audience quit playing becouse of game direction changed golden time. LFG, Flying, multiple difficulty levels, faceroll dungeons, etc.. All those stuff just made game worse.