Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The libertarian argument for having universal coverage, is to have a private option and an option to opt out of government provided healthcare. As in... Medicare...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I feel like the flaw in any libertarian argument is the assumption that the "free market" actually exists. All of our pains come from torturing a market that clearly only bends to the wills of a select few while insisting it's "free."
    The flaw in the OP libertarian argument, is abolishing insurance. Universal coverage and private insurance coverage, are not mutually exclusive.

In general, the problem with healthcare on pure libertarian vision, is that your principles mean shit when you break your leg and chose to not have insurance. The following choices will likely cost more to the populace, than it would have been to be insured. In the end, it’s embracing irresponsibility and having no understanding of human nature.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Libertarianism is just pure bullshit. The state has an obligation to take care of its citizens. If it does not take care of the citizens, the citizens have no obligation to be loyal to the state. Why should we be loyal to that which does not care about us?
    Last edited by Darya; 2019-05-15 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Libertarianism is just pure bullshit. The state has an obligation to take of its citizens. If it does not take care of the citizens, the citizens have no obligation to be loyal to the state.
    There is a time and a place. All luxury and entertainment, should be guided by libertarian values... then taxed to all hell by the state. That’s kind of the thing with libertarians, it’s all fine and dandy, until the bill shows up.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There is a time and a place. All luxury and entertainment, should be guided by libertarian values... then taxed to all hell by the state. That’s kind of the thing with libertarians, it’s all fine and dandy, until the bill shows up.
    There is no place for libertarians. They are traitors to the nations and should be hung as the traitors they are. They spit in our faces, they violate all that which a state should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no place for libertarians. They are traitors to the nations and should be hung as the traitors they are. They spit in our faces, they violate all that which a state should be.
    Yeah... I don’t have that strong of feelings about anything. Uhm... I’m not a libertarian... I swear?

Libertarianism is just pure bullshit. The state has an obligation to take care of its citizens. If it does not take care of the citizens, the citizens have no obligation to be loyal to the state. Why should we be loyal to that which does not care about us?
    Where does that obligation end and freedom begin? Should the State have the power to decide what meals its citizens eat? Where they live? Who they can love?
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Typical statist replies.

Why can't I buy my healthcare directly from the Doctor and pay a fair price?

How can you be a libertarian while still supporting a bureaucracy?
    That's the entire point, these "libertarians" start and end with the freedom to cause harm to others. Nobody else really buys into their self-serving bullshit.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    That's the entire point, these "libertarians" start and end with the freedom to cause harm to others. Nobody else really buys into their self-serving bullshit.
    huh? They dont want to cause harm to others.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?

Weren't the libertarians gonna build a island somewhere off the coast of someplace that was some utopia for all their crazy ideas? What ever happened to it and why haven't they all moved there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Weren't the libertarians gonna build a island somewhere off the coast of someplace that was some utopia for all their crazy ideas? What ever happened to it and why haven't they all moved there yet?
    What crazy ideas? The OP isnt even arguing from a libertarian perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Typical statist replies.

Why can't I buy my healthcare directly from the Doctor and pay a fair price?

How can you be a libertarian while still supporting a bureaucracy?

BTW almost any doctor will see you if you don't have insurance, you just have to be able to afford their list prices.
    Self pay is a thing you know, ever been to a doctor before without insurance or always on mom and pop's insurance?
    Last edited by Zan15; 2019-05-15 at 09:51 PM.