Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

False. Most schooling is neutral. People who claim it leans left are just mad at reality.
    What a weird little falsehood you've concocted for yourself. Just like your previous post about conservatives hating immigrants. Conservatives don't hate them, they just want them to come to the US legally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worvon View Post
    Media wasn't mentioned anywhere kiddo, so nice job of projecting and lack of critical thought. But then again, conservatism has been linked to lower cognitive ability...
    I didn't say anything about the media numbnuts. Maybe you should try quoting the right person.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanfall View Post
    Most schooling leans left as well...
    Education is liberal by default, nothing to do with any willful manipulation. Conservatism requires anti-intellectualism.

Gotta keep them ignorant.

I didn't say anything about the media numbnuts. Maybe you should try quoting the right person.
    Yea, my mistake. Don't get all triggered there kiddo.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

Yea, my mistake. Don't get all triggered there kiddo.
    It's cute that you keep calling people kiddo, must make you feel like a real grown up.

From your previous post also, as someone with a Bachelor of Science(you know someone that has been to a university, also STEM) many of my general ed classes were very left leaning. Then again I went to school in a deep blue state.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's cute that you keep calling people kiddo, must make you feel like a real grown up.

From your previous post also, as someone with a Bachelor of Science(you know someone that has been to a university, also STEM) many of my general ed classes were very left leaning. Then again I went to school in a deep blue state.
    Reality has a left wing bias, clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Some mistakenly believe that teaching kids about sex increases the likelihood that they'll start having it. These are the same people who think that if pot becomes legal, everyone will go out and become a stoner. Case studies have shown both to be false.

Suuuuureee they did. But if you think basic gen-eds have any space to get political that says more about personal delusion than anything else. Projection is a hell of a thing. Then again republicans in the US think democrats are liberals, which is hilariously wrong by any stretch of the imagination.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Saying all conservatives are against sexual education is a broad sweeping generalization. My guess is a few conservatives are against sex ed but not many.

There's always a discussion about what age of students should be taught sex ed.
    There's enough of them to create laws that dictate whether or not sex education even happens. It might be a minority but its still loud enough and well-funded enough to make its opinions reality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird that you think the news is the only way to brainwash people. Maybe go see someone about that.

- - - Updated - - -
    Do you have any left wing doctors you can recommend to cure me of common sense?

- - - Updated - - -

Media wasn't mentioned anywhere kiddo, so nice job of projecting and lack of critical thought. But then again, conservatism has been linked to lower cognitive ability..
    Brainwashed was mentioned however. Try to keep up sport.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because they are the Taliban on this side of the Atlantic.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Brainwashed? When 90% of the media is left wing...gotcha.
    The Murdoch empire, Sinclair Broadcasting vanished in your reality?

- - - Updated - - -

Most schooling leans left as well...
    That explains why all the conservative leaders and their children are home schooled /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Mostly religion.
    This.

There's literally no other reason as study after study has shown that sexual education decreases teen sex, unwanted pregnancies, the spread of STDs, and abortions. There is no rational reason to be against sex ed. Even the whole "it should be taught by the parents!" falls flat when you realize parents are frequently delinquent, uncaring, or unable.

Abstinence as a policy fails, because people will have sex. It is a human drive to have sex. Legislating against human drive is typically bad law.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    This is obviously a loaded question, but US conservatives

A)Don't like abortion

Fortunately, there are way to control unwanted pregnancies but….

B)Don't like contraception (blame this on Onan, on a story that is way more about trying to preserve your share of the heirloom than contraception)

Okay, so both A and B are not good because the Bible says so, but WHY be against sex education ?
    Simple, because the bible told them so. Some people think of a fucking vagina as a clown car apparently. Look at the Duggars. I think if that woman is still fertile, she might be on her 20th kid right now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    There's enough of them to create laws that dictate whether or not sex education even happens. It might be a minority but its still loud enough and well-funded enough to make its opinions reality.
    It's also because the conservatives have always done a better job of messaging their side of the argument. They aren't "anti-sex ed" they are "we don't want our children having sex!".

The rational side of most arguments (i.e. the "liberal" side) is always more complicated than the neo-con (i.e. ignorant) side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This.

There's literally no other reason as study after study has shown that sexual education decreases teen sex, unwanted pregnancies, the spread of STDs, and abortions. There is no rational reason to be against sex ed. Even the whole "it should be taught by the parents!" falls flat when you realize parents are frequently delinquent, uncaring, or unable.

Abstinence as a policy fails, because people will have sex. It is a human drive to have sex. Legislating against human drive is typically bad law.
    Agreed. The data is out there and proves categorically that education in all areas helps and doesn't foster the behavior simply by teaching about it's existence.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    That's a genuine question. If your religion is against terminating pregnancies (okay) and is against contraception (an extremely dubious proposition, considering the widespread existence of ''natural'' contraception copiously shown on Christian religious art, such as nursing), why be also against cheap and efficient education that lowers the occurrence of those sins ?
    You'll always run into a brick wall when you start asking religious people logical questions. They're incapable of answering them. Their existence is based in emotion, not rational thought. One example are these endless abortion discussions. You're dealing with people that are uneducated, don't understand biological terms but are convinced that their opinions are valid, and that they are entitled to them. They see arguing with experts as an equal discussion.
    Religious people embrace anti-intellectualism. Education naturally becomes the enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    You'll always run into a brick wall when you start asking religious people logical questions. They're incapable of answering them. Their existence is based in emotion, not rational thought. One example are these endless abortion discussions. You're dealing with people that are uneducated, don't understand biological terms but are convinced that their opinions are valid, and that they are entitled to them. They see arguing with experts as an equal discussion.
    Religious people embrace anti-intellectualism. Education naturally becomes the enemy.
    Can't fight against dogma, if you it's all you know. Similar reason why we didn't allow slaves to learn to read. If they could read, they might know the truth about their situation.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Probably shouldn't reference the Bible, or any other book for that matter, if you dont know what it actually says, but your programmer should know that already. I know it has been asked before, but you never have bothered to answer. Why is it you seem to let US conservatives live rent free in your head?
    The reason contraception is ''forbidden'' in the Bible is a small bit about Onan, who ahem, ''dropped his seed on the ground'' and was thus cursed. The actual story is much more a morality tale of wedding your brother's widow than ''touching yourself is bad''

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This.

Basically all of laws have basis in restricting "human drive". This really can't be a reason to call a law 'bad'.