Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    fraud liability and "editorial articles" have very different legal standards about lying, your own source also mentioned it is notoriously difficult to measure web traffic externally. Which again even if Brietbart is using "creative accounting" for that 25 mark, even cutting in half down to 12 is still far more then 8.
    Yes, notoriously difficult, which makes your Breitbart number even more questionable. You still don't even know what that number represents. "Per month" can indicate it's averaged over all months, for example. This would cover up its recent downslide, after its huge upsurge in 2016. The Breitbart source itself even cites Alexa, which is referenced in my source as a corroboration to the numbers it cites.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Yes, notoriously difficult, which makes your Breitbart number even more questionable. You still don't even know what that number represents. "Per month" can indicate it's averaged over all months, for example. This would cover up its recent downslide, after its huge upsurge in 2016. The Breitbart source itself even cites Alexa, which is referenced in my source as a corroboration to the numbers it cites.
    round and round we go.

"Which again even if Brietbart is using "creative accounting" for that 25 mark, even cutting in half down to 12 is still far more then 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    round and round we go.

"Which again even if Brietbart is using "creative accounting" for that 25 mark, even cutting in half down to 12 is still far more then 8.
    Yes, round and round. Because you don't have independent sources and really just stonewall on this. I should keep quoting myself because you never responded to any of my points. You just keep asserting that Breitbart would never lie for money, which is hilarious, then arbitrarily make up numbers so that you can pretend Breitbart "dwarfs" anything on the left. If you didn't have solid, current numbers to begin with, you shouldn't have made your original claim.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2019-05-16 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Yes, round and round. Because you don't have independent sources and really just stonewall on this. I should keep quoting myself because you never responded to any of my points. You just keep asserting that Breitbart would never lie for money, which is hilarious, then arbitrarily make up numbers so that you can pretend Breitbart "dwarfs" anything on the left. If you didn't have solid, current numbers to begin with, you shouldn't have made your original claim.
    no you are the one stonewalling, and I didn't say they wouldn't lie for money, but they would be careful what they would lie about and I made the point like 5 times to you, which is indeed responding.

but lets use Alexa, it ranks Breitbart as 68 while thinkprogress is 2,766 in their "traffic ranking", if that isn't "dwarfing" then what the fuck is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is this a thread. Everyone knows conservatives want to conserve religion. Religion pushes supernatural spirituality. They think that the soul begins at fertilization therefor you can't murder something that has a soul...

Why exactly US conservatives are against sexual education you say?

If they don't teach future generations what sex really looks like, wholesome or otherwise, conservatives get to diddle around with kids and fool the latter into thinking they aren't sexually violated and exploited; that pedophilia is natural.

Of course to anyone else it's not going to fly, but we all know conservatives aren't the brightest bulbs out in the market.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    Two answers depending on which conservative you are talking to. The first and largest group is the easiest, religious and/or moral, to this group their opposition is a simple one but typically one born from ignorance, the issue is simple these people are almost always ignorant lack proper education, they are more often than not literal victims of this policy but due to a lack of education do not see themselves as such. The latter and far more insidious group does so deliberately, and their goal is simple to strengthen and expand existing hierarchies. The people who are most impacted by the lack of abortion, contraceptives and proper sex education are the very same people conservatives want to keep poor, uneducated with few prospects. In particular this one targets women's reproductive rights in order to weaken their political power and social mobility and poor people in order to keep them in a state where they become more dependant on capitalist support.

For what it's worth, this is a gross simplification the reality is that most conservatives have aspects of both in their beliefs but, I've come to realize it's very useful to view conservative causes and actions in terms of a social hierarchy. I doubt anyone was ever stupid enough to believe trickle down economics would work, but when you view it as a means to widen the gap between the top end of the hierarchy and everyone else it makes sense. This is also why the conservative viewpoint is always anti-civil rights, because even minor things like granting LGBT people legal protections against discrimination; the very same protection that religious beliefs, nationalities, racial backgrounds, gender and age grant; become ways of weakening the social hierarchy. This is why intersectionality is so important in leftist spaces, in order to combat this unjust hierarchy it's necessary to not just worry about the issue effect you or even your demographics, as we are with very few exceptions victims of this false hierarchy.
    Last edited by Notshauna; 2019-05-16 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Yeah, let's make that 'US religious conservatives', not 'US Conservatives'. One is a subset of the other, but not all conservatives think that way on that subject.

I'm much more to the center, and my kids sometimes wish we weren't so likely to tell them what they want to know, in full...
    But there are no conservatives who are against any of these things because their kids think it's TMI. Kids are idiots. They don't get to decide what they're taught because they're idiots. So if your argument is "Kids shouldn't be taught these things because kids think they're icky!" Well, shit have I got something to tell every math teacher in the country!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Senate is voting tonight to confirm Kenneth Lee, 43, to be a lifetime U.S. circuit court judge.

He's a Federalist Society member who once wrote that charges of sexism are “irrelevant pouting" + LGBTQ rights are “a quasi-Marxist paradigm of the oppressed & the oppressor."

Kenneth Lee was confirmed 52-45. Party-line vote.

The failure of abstinence only sex education and natural birth control only method can be summed up in three graphics. The first is teenage birth rate by states, followed by out of wedlock birth rate by states, and last divorce rates of couple 30 and younger by states. Nuff said.

I grew up in Alabama and yes, it's a steaming pile of shit. Their right wing views paired with crazy religious views makes it one of the worst states to live in. If any state is worse I guess it's Mississippi.

You'd think people would put two and two together on this one. States are suppose to be experiments, right? See what works? Clearly, right wing policies and far right religious views are fucking terrible.

Im conservative and I'm not against sexual education, I'm against giving 5 year olds hormones because mommy watched too much Rachel Maddow. If you lump that into sex education than I would have to oppose at least part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    For the same reason that most of your posts cry about liberals whenever something bad is said about conservatives, lul.
    Really pup? I rather enjoy throwing rocks at both sides when its deserved.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Really pup? I rather enjoy throwing rocks at both sides when its deserved.
    I'll believe it once it happens. All of the folks who claim to throw hate on both sides "When they deserve it" tend to shit on liberals 99% of the time. And that's not at all an accurate representation of when they deserve it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    This is obviously a loaded question, but US conservatives

A)Don't like abortion

Fortunately, there are way to control unwanted pregnancies but….

B)Don't like contraception (blame this on Onan, on a story that is way more about trying to preserve your share of the heirloom than contraception)

Okay, so both A and B are not good because the Bible says so, but WHY be against sex education ?
    That's what religious fundamentalists be like...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Living in Texas I hear from people around here that it makes kids have sex. When I ask them about illegal drug education and use they are mostly silent.

So for that reason I kind of chulk it up to one of those "look we pwn da libs" reasons. As in they don't have a reason. Just the people that want it are usually more leaning left so they automatically have to oppose it.

A)Don't like abortion

B)Don't like contraception (blame this on Onan, on a story that is way more about trying to preserve your share of the heirloom than contraception)

Okay, so both A and B are not good because the Bible says so, but WHY be against sex education ?
    I remember when the HPV vaccine started being made available in pediatricians' offices, which inexplicably--to me--caused "controversy." I came across an article in which someone on the anti side explained that they didn't want anything that would lessen the potential consequences of sex. Which I think illuminates more about a specific type of "religious" conservative than I ever wanted to know. In answer to your question, ignorance about sex is the best way to make sure consequences are an ever-present threat, especially to girls, since controlling women's sexuality seems paramount in most religions.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2019-05-16 at 12:22 PM.

A)Don't like abortion

Ironically if you take sex ed and you get an unwanted pregnancy because you failed as using what was taught you then seek an abortion because you and your partner failed to use common knowledge on prevention. Outside of rape of course.

Also, it's only the Bible thumping conservatives who are against sex ed, it is ignorant.

Those against Sex Ed probably think it will makes teens more sexually active and raise teen pregnancy.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I'll believe it once it happens. All of the folks who claim to throw hate on both sides "When they deserve it" tend to shit on liberals 99% of the time. And that's not at all an accurate representation of when they deserve it.
    I'm sorry Charrington, you'll just have to tell O'Brien that I've gone rogue again.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.