144 62.07%
  • Hell Teah

35 15.09%
  • Damm Stupid

53 22.84%
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Have a source? That would make even more sense than what I suspected. It would also make sense that they had the noose hanged on the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Humans cope with the often shitty lives they go through with stoicism and humor. Nothing new, and this is an important mechanism, so no, you don't get to take that away.
    Maybe if they think their jobs are so shitty they should get new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carradine

Someone laughing at/with a noose would automatically make me think a joke about this was made. But hey, im just a normal person who wasn't brainwashed into hating my fellow man due to inspection under a moral microscope..
    "Against this backdrop of marital discord, David almost succeeded in committing suicide[14] by hanging at the age of five."

That's the only thing that seems remotely relevant at that random wikipedia link. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    If they get fired and neither of those two things are true, I hope they get a good payday for doing nothing wrong. I'm sure it's an at-will state and/or union isn't involved so the district would get away with it but yea.

- - - Updated - - -

I dread the day when I have to preface everything I do with my intentions.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm the furthest from a black sympathizer, but this is exactly what the majority of the country does with blacks though? Granted you have people who are just flat racists against every black, but you have a large chunk of the country that sees the news daily and links a "type" (see: look, as in dress, demeanor, not color of skin) of person with a negative view. Personally, I have nothing wrong with it, but I'm not black, nor do I look the type. I also have a certain type of "look" (see: demographic) that I associate with being pedophiles. Can there be pedophiles not in that demographic? Absolutely, doesn't mean pedophiles fit a certain demographic. The first, apparently, is only wrong because it involves skin color.

At the same time, I look like the typical businessman, and while it's not negative, I have no problem with people instantly thinking I'm a... businessman. If I had my ass hanging out of my pants, my pants halfway down my thigh, stood on the corners, talked like a thug, I would expect nothing but people to think I was a thug.
    An investigation will determine what actions take place and any actions from that investigation would be justified, hence the point of an investigation. They're not fired without just cause in that instance so what the fuck would they get a payday for?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    We there roaming groups of people hanging minorities in trees 60-70 years ago? Surely European countries frown on the use of gas and dont tolerate swastikas because of events 70 years ago.
    Swastika in a certain angel and font is clearly a Nazi symbol (peaceful Asian swastikas usually look different), so there is no mixup and we also have a clear law against Nazi symbols in the public in Germany. But you also said gas. If three German teachers would point at a gas bottle, nobody would say "those are Nazis" because it could mean anything. Without any context, this picture means nothing. So has one or more of those teachers said anything about this picture and what they want to accomplish with it?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Swastika in a certain angel and font is clearly a Nazi symbol (peaceful Asian swastikas usually look different), so there is no mixup and we also have a clear law against Nazi symbols in the public in Germany. But you also said gas. If three German teachers would point at a gas bottle, nobody would say "those are Nazis" because it could mean anything. Without any context, this picture means nothing. So has one or more of those teachers said anything about this picture and what they want to accomplish with it?
    A gas bottle? Huh

Resident Cosplay Progressive

A gas bottle? Huh
    Hate image.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The problem with that is, they are immediately jumping to the conclusion that it's not a good thing. They're not saying, "Oh, well this could be bad, or this could be fine, we'll investigate and find out." They're saying instead, "This is clearly racist and bad, and they should be fired."
    People are going to have all sorts of opinions on everything, and everyone has the capacity to be a fucking dumbass irrespective of their political leanings. As far as how it's actually being dealt with, they've been put on administrative leave and it's being investigated, which we both agree is exactly what should happen.

Like, pointing to shit that random members of the public say isn't in and of itsself good evidence of some sort of inherent problem with society. As far as I can see, the effects of outrage culture are largely confined to shit-stirring media entities having a constant stream of quotes for circlejerk clickbait articles. It follows the same format every single time - A thing happened, some people said some shit that our readers are guaranteed to disagree with, but the actual instutions and systems responsible for dealing with the thing aren't really doing anything out of the ordinary.

You can't conflate what people think should be done with what's actually happening.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-05-13 at 10:27 PM.

Or maybe they should be allowed to joke away the weight of being wage slaves without better prospects? How one copes with their issues, as long as they don't hurt others (and they don't, emotional distress is not "being hurt"), is their own choice. Imagine thinking people should get new jobs instead of being allowed to JOKE.
    That's fine, just don't post an offensive picture with no context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

The noose is the swastika for black Americas, and I don't a fuck about people who object what I said.

A teacher is not expected to be an expert but to have a particularly informed ear on society. They ought to know better and deserved to be fired.
    No it's not. When you watch movies like The mummy and they are hanging Rick do you think to yourself "wow that's racist!"?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No it's not. When you watch movies like The mummy and they are hanging Rick do you think to yourself "wow that's racist!"?
    Lol! Some do. That is how ridiculous things have become.

And welcome back.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Pretty soon we're going to need a segment specifically for Fake Noose.

It's pretty weird how many black Americans seem convinced that there's an epidemic of lynchings in 2019. I suppose politicians like Booker and Harris pushing that narrative with goofy federal bills isn't helping much.

It's weird that in today's age if racism in the world, especially the in the USA, that teachers who presumably have an academic background and who should be smarter than the average person when it comes to historical challenges would be promoting this type of behaviour.

Hmm, interesting alternative theory:
    https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...513-story.html
    One of the teachers in the photo is Jennifer Garcia. Garcia was the first-grade teacher of Gabriel Fernandez, the 8-year-old boy who was tortured and murdered by his mother, Pearl Sinthia Fernandez, and the mother’s boyfriend, Isauro Aguirre, in 2013. She repeatedly reported signs of abuse before the boy’s death and testified in June.

“They are evil,” she said about the mother and boyfriend at the hearing, where Fernandez was sentenced to life in prison and Aguirre was sentenced to death.

A law enforcement source told The Times that according to someone connected with Gabriel’s family, the photo was taken in celebration of Aguirre’s death penalty sentencing. That theory also surfaced with comments of a Facebook post on a page dedicated to Gabriel.

---
    Man sentenced to death in torture, murder of boy he thought was gay

“The conduct was horrendous, inhumane and nothing short of evil,” the judge said in imposing sentence.

So from what I've gathered, there's really no context/back story to this, and people are outraged because of nooses are used in suicide and some American black people are ignorant and think that nooses are only associated with blacks...

That's their PRIVATE thing to do. Don't get outraged? Offensive for you might mean an injoke to them.

Simply put, leave people alone as they don't break the law, and stop trying to ruin their lives. If you continue this "fight", there will be guaranteed backlash, I am sure, as nobody likes their private shit being made up into 24/7 news and outrage.

If you add context to the joke, it stops being a joke. The joke is not supposed to be openly anti-employer, d'oh, for obvious reasons. The joke is supposed to be a subtle one that only the ingroup gets, take that away and it's no longer a joke, but ground for dismissal "you don't like it here? GTFO and be a wage slave someplace else".
    THAT'S FINE AND DANDY, but if it leaks, it's your own damn fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Pretty soon we're going to need a segment specifically for Fake Noose.

It's pretty weird how many black Americans seem convinced that there's an epidemic of lynchings in 2019. I suppose politicians like Booker and Harris pushing that narrative with goofy federal bills isn't helping much.
    Not many at all, but keep lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by J012D4N View Post
    So they randomly found a noose on campus ... and took photos with it?
    Like ... it's a noose. Backstory needed.
    For all we know, that got made in crafts class by a boy scout ... just b/c.

Poor taste if this belonged to a kid intending to harm themselves. Random & confusing regardless.
    Thankfully the race card was immediately played by the local populace. Phew.
    Yeah. Sure. "Found".
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would bet more white people have been hanged than other races in history, by white people.

I think usa "land of opportunity" creates loads of douchie opportunists like fake outrages. It seems more prevalent there...it's the country world famous for people jumping in front of cars so they get to sue, never seen so much disgusting behavior anywhere else..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    So from what I've gathered, there's really no context/back story to this, and people are outraged because of nooses are used in suicide and some American black people are ignorant and think that nooses are only associated with blacks...
    Today besides suicide i often associate the noose with crime novels for which there is a huuuuge audience for.
    Teachers is one of the proffessions I mostly associate with big interest reading novels
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-05-16 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    there's your real racist.

but yeah, bad form on the teachers part. gotta be smarter than this in the digital age.

biggest problem here, of course, is the media. you know the parent popping off about racism is just some dumb cow that gets worked up over little shit way too easily and the media puts her bullshit front and center to get the reader to also jump to the racist conclusion. we have no idea the context of what was going on. "they still do it to this day" the bitch said. give me a fucking break lady.
    I mean I have NO IDEA what they intended with it. Jumping the gun saying they're racist does in fact make someone a racist. "Gotta hate whitey and that's a noose even though a noose has been used on MANY types of people throughout history.....THEY HATE BLACKS!"

5+ Year Old Account
    The noose is the swastika for black Americas, and I don't a fuck about people who object what I said.

A teacher is not expected to be an expert but to have a particularly informed ear on society. They ought to know better and deserved to be fired.
    The commissar has spoken..

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    THAT'S FINE AND DANDY, but if it leaks, it's your own damn fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Not many at all, but keep lying.
    Just like people think more blacks get killed than whites in the US each year? So yes, I would say a large percentage believe that people are lynching people just like people sit and think that there's a white supremacist uprising. Keep lying your YOURSELF. Then again you love to racebait here and get away with it because you racebait about white people.