Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, no, they can't. That'd imply any modicum of competency on their part, which they do not have.
    Man, I really wish some of your posts were sent to the "safe room" of the current writers, I am sure Golden will get a stroke
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It already is MoP 2.0.

If they remade MoP the same way they remade Classic, but at the end, they changed it so Garrosh is killed instead of gets away to start WoD, it'd still be MoP 2.0 too.

Just because the end is different (but effectively the same since one way or another, no one is going to accept Sylvanas hanging around Azeroth so she's effectively written out of the story which is = if not worse than dead) doesn't mean the entire story leading up to the end is different.

- - - Updated - - -

No, shock value isn't interesting. It's precisely why things went wrong with the Burning of Teldrassil - Because if you're going for shock value, you aren't giving ANY of the clues needed for the audience to know what is going on. The audience will make assumptions of the story whether you want them to or not - And if there's NO POSSIBLE WAY to reason out what's about to occur, then it doesn't feel interesting at all.

That's the thing. GoT did the same as Blizzard, and they're getting the same shit. You can pull shock value off, but not by ignoring your already-told story.

Sylvanas would have had plenty of reasons beyond shock value to start the War of Thorns. But Blizzard ignored those reasons, because 'shock value.' It doesn't have the same impact if we know the Horde has grievances, but it WOULD make the entire war make a lot more sense if Sylvanas had earned the backing of the Horde in some way BEFORE the burning, which she didn't. Worse, this 'shock value' goes against everything we know of Sylvanas' character, so now it looks like they purposely caused her to act out of character JUST for shock value.

GoT writers D&D admit that they wanted the story to be less predictable, so they took creative license with the ending. 8 seasons of character development, for multiple characters, that were leading up to the epic conclusion of the story - Thrown out the window for 'shock value.' Unanimously, everyone I know who liked GoT has fallen off the bandwagon now because every episode just makes the characters that much worse now. It's no longer a believable fantasy story. There was no point to watching all prior 7 seasons - None of the story leading up to it matters because the writers already admit they fucked with the ending for 'shock value.' All of the clues which made sense in context don't anymore, because the writers literally broke all of the prophecies George RR Martin wrote in.

There is one good way to promote shock value: By saying nothing at all until it happens. Only by keeping people COMPLETELY in the dark, and not alluding to ANY kind of future in which this cannot happen, can you pull off shock value. That's why the Red Wedding worked. Because, while you had reason to believe those hosting would be mad at the Starks, you DIDN'T have reason to believe they were going to murder everyone - Until it happened. THAT was good shock value, and made sense given what had occurred.
    Keep believing what you want without looking at the facts lol

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I’ve always said it’s an obvious misdirect down this “Garrosh” replication, where last minute/patch it will do a complete turn and go in a different direction and throw us off. I’m not sure if they think they’re clever by doing that, or whether that think it’s good writing, because it’s neither. They’ve kinda done Sylvanas dirty tbh. It’ll either end with her going off by herself or they’ll try and justify everything they’ve done with her by giving her a “hero” ending/sacrifice by saving everyone with some BS. It’s a mess either way.
    Even if at the very end, they change it up... it's still Garrosh 2.0 because most of the expansion has been nearly beat for beat the same shit that happened in MoP. It might not be the same ending, but the journey is the same.

Sylvanas might as well emerge from Stormwind harbor riding N'Zoth, with Xal'Atath in hand; and then firing a beam that will vaporize the whole city right before she raises all the corpses as undead under her command... and blizzard will still scream 'morally grey endgame that's totally not like Garrosh'.

I think we need another six cinematics about Saurfang to really clear up the story.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Even if at the very end, they change it up... it's still Garrosh 2.0 because most of the expansion has been nearly beat for beat the same shit that happened in MoP. It might not be the same ending, but the journey is the same.
    That was my point. The point being that it seems like they've purposely planned it this way so they can be like "HA HA gotcha" at the end when it turns out completely different through some plot armour or heroic action they'll throw at her, so that looking back it'll be "oh, well she did it for the good of everyone she's a hero" BS. It makes it worse they've done it this way honestly.

So the writers are gonna try to glorify her hitler like actions and make her appear as a hero? After all the crap they wrote for her that she did. Activision if your reading this please get rid of the wow writers and replace them with new ones. Lay these guys off next please!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Except it is.

Sylvanas, the crazy bitch who may or may not (now) have been involved in plaguing both Horde and Alliance forces at the Wrath Gate, has repeatedly deployed the Plague despite warnings from the rest of the Horde not to, and has threatened to raise her own soldiers into undeath on more than one occasion (And has, in fact, raised Horde into undeath since the Battle for Undercity) - Tells the Horde to go to war. (Blood covered chainsaw wielding murderer)

Saurfang, the old friend who has fought alongside the Horde many a time - Lorthemar, who has stood with the Horde time and time again, even in it's worst times - Thrall, who formed the New Horde and led it into it's most prosperous times - ALL of them are now in cahoots and against Sylvanas and her Horde. (Friend trying to help you)

But, despite all of this, all of the NPCs are like "Yeah nah, Sylvie is the way to go cause we still occasionally had some fights when YOU guys had a say. Death to everyone!" ("I broke my leg listening to you last time!")

It's literally exactly what I described above.
    Saurfang who did alot worse to draenai without drinking demon blood and who was so close to blackhand but didn't act followed blindly..
    Yeah so honorable. Lor'themar who had to FORCED to help hordr in northrend after horde helped him against scourge, amani and civil war against kael'thas after which he tried to defect to the alliance when he had to help second time in MoP. Thrall who cheated in mak'gora and lost to random doom lord and has left horde time again and again he left in cata, left in wod and left in legion he jusr barges in and then leaves when it suits him.

Sylvanas had atleast alwaya helped horde and doesn't suffer from double standards and never have left it also.

Ya unite them by killing them all off and making them mindless zombies...

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    It's definitely show, don't tell. How did they bullshit with Teldrassil?
    It definitely isn't, because in game they are blatantly repeating MoP beat for beat and only telling us "it's not Garrosh 2.0" only in interviews. And I know you like to carry water for Blizzard which is why you'll pretend it's not the case, but the very fact that they have to constantly inform people that it's not Garrosh 2.0 means precisely that they have issues conveying that message through game right now and need to engage in OOG damage control. And seriously, how did they bullshit with Teldrassil? I dunno, maybe by proclaiming there's going to be a twist after people raised concerns about what looked to be its conclusion, only for the conclusion to be exactly what it looked like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Yes. After more than a year of repeating and replaying the MoP storyline step by step exactly, a random "twist" they pull out of their asses won't salvage it.
    Last edited by Senel; 2019-05-16 at 10:04 AM.

Sylvanas wants to revive the undead so they can live again with the power of nzoth. Sounds so stupid, so blizz will implement it, im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Essentially, the package Sylvanas is attempting to sell the Horde is "we fight a long and bloody war, but at the end of it the Alliance will be broken and we will have a lasting peace." The package that Saurfang/Thrall/Vol'jin/Baine are selling is "we will stop the war, but there will always be conflict, and so Horde lives will be lost slowly but surely." Those who want a final and lasting peace (free of the looming Alliance threat) fight under Sylvanas' banner, whereas though who don't believe this war will lead to lasting peace fight under banner of Saurfang.
    Except, here's the issue, the Alliance was never a threat prior to Teldrassi's burning. Hell, the Alliance wanted to make peace negotiations FIRST!

- - - Updated - - -

It's literally not. That is just part of what you see and you think that is ALL that you see. I doubt you can get beyond boundaries of real world in order to understand Sylvanas, hence I have no idea why I would continue discussing.

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely show, don't tell. How did they bullshit with Teldrassil?
    Don't want to sound rude or anything, but "You don't understand Sylvanas" is quite possibly the most generic excuse for terrorism I've ever seen.

Sargeras destroying the Universe and 99% of the Legion following him willingly? That's okay, because he has good INTENTIONS, and you don't understand him.

Garrosh committing mass genocide? You don't understand him, his intentions are good.

Just because your intentions may be good, that doesn't mean you ARE good. Especially when it comes to actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    It sounds a lot like you guys want BFA to be MoP 2. Your hate boners are so hard that you don't care we're only getting half the story.

The WoW community is the worst when it comes to idiots filling in the blanks.
    We're in 8.2 right now, and everything about Sylvanas is leading up to a MoP 2.0.

If 8.3 is the time where Sylvanas' true "motives" are revealed, then that is the most pathetic thing ever.

I think that people are too blind and judge too much upfront for a story that is not finished. That is what is happening with Teldrassil and that is what you call bullshit. I will say that story is not yet finished. Remember, we are not living warcraft life, we are following story...
    Oh, please. The story is way past its halfway point and so far it's blatantly repeating MoP. On top of that, we can't exactly judge the story that's not yet here, only the story that is. And the story that is looks like MoP. Which, again, is precisely why Blizzard has to repeatedly address the topic and assure people that it won't be the case. And even then the story progressed further into MoP 2.0 even after some of those assurances have been made, making people trust Blizzard even less on that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Except, here's the issue, the Alliance was never a threat prior to Teldrassi's burning. Hell, the Alliance wanted to make peace negotiations FIRST!
    When? Was it before or after Anduin explicitly informed Sylvanas that the Gathering is not an attempt at peace. Also, Stormheim is a thing. That proves the Alliance not only to be a threat, but an unhinged one.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine the twist is Saurfang turning around at the end and saying the rebellion and assassination attempts were all fake. It was all carefully constructed to get the Alliance leaders involved and believing that Saurfang would actually turn against the Warchief as well as to oust and highlight the subversive elements within the Horde and the player going along with it was revealing they were traitor all along whilst the ones who tattled will be seen as loyal. During 8.3 there'll be a scene where the Alliances leaders are to meet with the agents of the "resistance" and as they're chatting it up with Baine, Thrall, Lorthemar and zappyboi and some other "loyal" agents in walks Nathanos, Sylvanas and Saurfang (now decked out in Deathguard armour) who then reveals her cunning plan and traps all of their souls in the knaifu. Afterwards the player gets talked at by Nath who either praises them for being a snitch or derides them for working with the resistance yet mentions Saurfang still sees potential in them so they get to live slightly longer.

All of it ends up being irrelevant though as we get tasked by Magni to get the squad back together to "SAVE AZEROTH!" and so everyone gets a quest to steal back the Knaifu. This of course all happens before Sylvana's Elune Redemption arc which I mentioned in that other thread and I'm still expecting to happen at this point.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    When? Was it before or after Anduin explicitly informed Sylvanas that the Gathering is not an attempt at peace. Also, Stormheim is a thing. That proves the Alliance not only to be a threat, but an unhinged one.
    Before, when in the same letter he describes the gathering as, and I quote; "A smaller but no less important gesture of unity as a first step toward a potential future that benefits both the Horde and Alliance."

5+ Year Old Account
    Guys, guys. Calm down! 95% of the story is generic and bad and repetitive and reads like someone threw up after eating alphabet soup. But we still haven't seen the last 5% so don't judge. It will be surprising and awesome. Truly, for sure this time. It will be morally gay and will subvert your expectations like The Last Jedi and the Battle of Winterfell.

5+ Year Old Account
    To you, maybe. To me, it does not. People don't trust Blizzard because they are stupid, shallow, unable to read and unable to comprehend different acts or events and as soon as they unable to, it is far easier to just proclaim it "It's MoP 2.0" and make parallel with old stories.

BFA being MoP2.0 is as much true as I would say "fuel for car is same fuel for airplanes. Slightly different but it's same type and thus, cars are same as airplanes"
    Oh fuck off! We are all stupid and shallow cause we don't like your favorite game? How old are you? Ten? Get off your high horse and drag your sorry ass back to kindergarten where it belongs. The adults have some not-bootlicking to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    In reality, yes - but reality isn't what we're talking here. This is the PR and optics of a cause for war, it's about jingoism and protectionism for the Horde.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Before, when in the same letter he describes the gathering as, and I quote; "A smaller but no less important gesture of unity as a first step toward a potential future that benefits both the Horde and Alliance."
    We already had this discussion. Unity and peace are two different things. The factions were ultimately united against the Lich King, even though they were at war thanks to Varian's warmongering. They were united against Deathwing too (including Rogers, who is one of the most anti-Horde Alliance members), with war once again in full swing. And whether you like it or not, the letter outright mentions the Gathering isn't an attempt at peace, so you can bend over backwards all you want, but you still won't be able to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In reality, yes - but reality isn't what we're talking here. This is the PR and optics of a cause for war, it's about jingoism and protectionism for the Horde.
    "Alliance attacks Forsaken fleet and if they aimed better they could have killed the Warchief of the Horde. Which they did over nothing but their delusions about Broken Shore and Genn's personal biases. In the middle of demon-apocalypse, where such attacks only made things easier for Sargeras to destroy the world." "Alliance was never a threat to the Hode prior to Teldrassil." Pick one.

To you, maybe. To me, it does not. People don't trust Blizzard because they are stupid, shallow, unable to read and unable to comprehend different acts or events and as soon as they unable to, it is far easier to just proclaim it "It's MoP 2.0" and make parallel with old stories.

BFA being MoP2.0 is as much true as I would say "fuel for car is same fuel for airplanes. Slightly different but it's same type and thus, cars are same as airplanes"
    Ah, yes, you are truly the chosen one with the 300 IQ needed to comprehend Blizzard's story in all its glory. How could I not realize it before

And yet despite this monumental wisdom of yours you are still yet to provide a counterargument to my claim that the fact Blizzard has to repeatedly assure people that BfA is not going to be MoP 2.0 is because so far it looks that way and they have to engage in damage control over the topic. And instead engage in this bizarre false equivalency of yours.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-05-16 at 11:48 AM.