Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Saurfang killed the second rogue with a hadouken?

This was humiliating defeat for sylvanas army. Thrall blocked unarmed the rogue like a joke. I don't understand how the second rogue died, saurfang didn't even touch him, it seems like he casted a spell like a hadouken. The first rogue was a joke too, saurfang blocked him unarmed too and killed him with a tree...

he grabbed her right as she hit the ground and snapped her neck.

that was the twisting motion with his hand.

why a snapped neck would kill a forsaken? rule of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    This was humiliating defeat for sylvanas army. Thrall blocked unarmed the rogue like a joke. I don't understand how the second rogue died, saurfang didn't even touch him, it seems like he casted a spell like a hadouken. The first rogue was a joke too, saurfang blocked him unarmed too and killed him with a tree...
    No, he caught the rogue in mid air and snapped her neck.

Well yeah... it's Saurfang.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

You got everything wrong. Thrall didn't block any strikes. He dodged them because he's a veteran warrior and gladiator. Saurfang blocked the knives with his metal bracers. The first rogue wasn't killed by a tree. It was a wooden pole swung by a orc, and then the rogue crashed into a stone wall. Lots of broken bones from both hits, especially when you're undead. Everyone in the world except you understood that Saurfang grabbed and snapped her neck.
    Last edited by Snorri; 2019-05-16 at 12:24 PM.

More importantly, why would Sylvanas send such incredible chumps to kill someone as powerful as either Thrall or Saurfang...much less both of them at once?

There's no way she's that stupid.....but maybe the writers are. Or maybe they think the players are stupid enough to believe such bad writing. Who knows? It gets real meta real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    More importantly, why would Sylvanas send such incredible chumps to kill someone as powerful as either Thrall or Saurfang...much less both of them at once?

There's no way she's that stupid.....but maybe the writers are. Or maybe they think the players are stupid enough to believe such bad writing. Who knows? It gets real meta real fast.
    thrall would have died if saurfang wasn't there.

these two rogues were fucking noobs though, they split up instead of focusing one person.

also, i kinda get the feeling they were sent out to monitor thrall instead of kill him. when it seemed apparent he was going to join saurfang's cause, they struck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he grabbed her right as she hit the ground and snapped her neck.

that was the twisting motion with his hand.

why a snapped neck would kill a forsaken? rule of cool.
    Same reason why an arrow or blade would kill them? It's like arguing how weapons can kill ethereals, let alone hit them.

If you needed some rationalization, just say that by snapping the neck they made the forsaken immobile and unable to respond to any function but still "alive" until they rotted away into nothingness.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Saurfang specifically mentions Thrall's family, so I guess the plan was to kidnap his kid or something - at which point he'd probably willingly surrender. Except they panicked once they saw both of them together and decided it was now or never. Or maybe they thought they were spotted and whole plan was ruined anyway.

I highly doubt it was a dedicated kill squad.

I don't understand how the second rogue died, saurfang didn't even touch him
    what are you talking about, it's saurfang

10+ Year Old Account

Think they were there incase Saurfang were to appear...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Saurfang specifically mentions Thrall's family, so I guess the plan was to kidnap his kid or something - at which point he'd probably willingly surrender. Except they panicked once they saw both of them together and decided it was now or never. Or maybe they thought they were spotted and whole plan was ruined anyway.

I highly doubt it was a dedicated kill squad.
    Forsaken assassins...panicked? Right. Sure.

I think it's just a case of bad writing and rule-of-cool nonsense. They wanted to show the heroes having a heroic bro moment. I mean, it would have been a FAR better story if one of the assassins had gotten away with literal kidnapping to use as a lever against Thrall. Or even better, having Thrall encounter assassinated family, REALLY giving him a concrete reason to re-join the fight.

But no...we got inspiring words from Saurfang and a nonsensical fight with faceless minions. Normally I praise Blizzard cinematics, but the more I think about it, the more I think this one was REALLY bad.

plot armor

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Think they were there incase Saurfang were to appear...
    Because Sylv just sits there and thinks, "Hey, you know what, I bet two low level assassins could handle Saurfang. Yup. That's a solid plan!"

The ONLY way this makes sense is if Sylvanas WANTS Thrall back in the horde, and decided that paying two disposable minions was worth it. That brings up some interesting possibilities. Why would Sylv want Thrall back? What purpose does that serve for her?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Same reason why an arrow or blade would kill them? It's like arguing how weapons can kill ethereals, let alone hit them.

If you needed some rationalization, just say that by snapping the neck they made the forsaken immobile and unable to respond to any function but still "alive" until they rotted away into nothingness.
    the problem is that magic is what sustains their bodies, not the bodily function of the nerve system.

we've seen forsaken survive as just a head before, too.

thrall would have died if saurfang wasn't there.
    He was able to dodge their stealth attacks and fend off while unarmed. With how much those assassins sucked, I'd say Saurfang being there just made it faster, Thrall is after all an ex-gladiator and an ex-kind-of-still-shaman.

It's probably worth noting that Garrosh did the exact thing first, on Vol'Jin. He tried to assassinate him recklessly the moment he thought he can be a threat later on. And if it wasn't a scenario, meaning PC had to barge in, he would be successfull.

This was humiliating defeat for sylvanas army. Thrall blocked unarmed the rogue like a joke. I don't understand how the second rogue died, saurfang didn't even touch him, it seems like he casted a spell like a hadouken.
    BTW, because no one else seems to be describing it very well:

The second assassin(the one in grey/black) backflips away from Thrall and activates stealth, turning invisible. Saurfang isn't fooled, and catches the assassin in mid-air. He then proceeds to break the assassin's neck or something.

It's not a hadouken. It's just that he's grappling with an invisible ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    He was able to dodge their stealth attacks and fend off while unarmed. With how much those assassins sucked, I'd say Saurfang being there just made it faster, Thrall is after all an ex-gladiator and an ex-kind-of-still-shaman.

It's probably worth noting that Garrosh did the exact thing first, on Vol'Jin. He tried to assassinate him recklessly the moment he thought he can be a threat later on. And if it wasn't a scenario, meaning PC had to barge in, he would be successfull.
    well, thrall's not a shaman anymore, and if saurfang weren't there the rogues would have been entirely focused on thrall. meaning one jabs a knife into his spine while he's fending the other off.

also, thrall's shitty mudhut being rickety tipped him off on her jump, too.

thrall's shitty mudhut
    Heh, one of my first random thoughts watching this cinematic was that Thrall is really living in some shithole. I mean, I know he is all about "repenting" for random things, but it seems he is strongarming his wife and kid to living in poverty. His field that he's surrounded by literally yields no edible crops. Who's the real villain here, I ask?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Sylv just sits there and thinks, "Hey, you know what, I bet two low level assassins could handle Saurfang. Yup. That's a solid plan!"

The ONLY way this makes sense is if Sylvanas WANTS Thrall back in the horde, and decided that paying two disposable minions was worth it. That brings up some interesting possibilities. Why would Sylv want Thrall back? What purpose does that serve for her?
    Sylvanas believes the forsaken is the ultimatum, so yes, she would believe two rogues should be fine as guard dogs. Not vs. Thrall but I have a feeling they weren't meant to let him get that close. I mean, COME ON, do you honestly believe Sylvanas would let one of the mitghtiest orcs just walk away without having a 'tap' on his location and whereabouts?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..