Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    In classic you pull one or max two mobs. You will end up with 10%HP or no mana if caster. Then you sit down, eat/drink, and get some more mobs. The process is extremely slow, and thats whats awesome about classic.

Most of the people (especially the ones who werent there in vanilla) will never make it to level 60! They will get stuck on their way. They will stop, cos it's not that fast paced "pull 15mobs and AOE them down" retails wow of now-a-days.

Vanilla will be awesome!
    On what earth is pulling 1 mob and drinking after, then pulling another, repeat, fun?
    There are reasons things like that changed. Only the few older players will enjoy classic. Even though i played in 2005 with a mage, so yes resting after every mob, i won’t be doing this again in 2019.

This reminds me of another poster that said the warlock soul shard farming is fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    No mounts until level 40 (I only managed to buy my mount close to level 50, because I was saving money for my spells).
    No Heirlooms, No LFG System, have to fly to dungeons will piss people.
    Don't be so silly, this is Classic. There is no flying.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    What takes them so long?
    As others have said this is the reality of the levelling speed back in 2004, an hour a level is on par for the early teens onward and only gets slower from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    18 hours into the beta, these no life streamers have played non stop.
    Yet, the highest level is only 18.

I am disappointed.
    What takes them so long?
    And don't forget that (most of them) already played Vanilla or on private servers and they don't use any addons.
    For a new player without any questing addons Classic will be pain! Especially when they think that classes like Druid, Paladin or Shaman perform similar as they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    On what earth is pulling 1 mob and drinking after, then pulling another, repeat, fun?
    There are reasons things like that changed. Only the few older players will enjoy classic. Even though i played in 2005 with a mage, so yes resting after every mob, i won’t be doing this again in 2019.

This reminds me of another poster that said the warlock soul shard farming is fun....
    On the face of it yes you can imagine how that doesn't sound as fun. It does however facilitate that your mana, and hp, are a resource that need to be managed. For me this is enjoyable and it also has an impact on areas such as PvP.

It also partly nice from an immersion point of view, creating the image that you are indeed just a 'traveller' again. For example instantly teleporting wherever you want on the map might be more 'fun' however it would completely remove the immersion and size of scale of the world. Similar to what happened with flying.

Drinking after every pull is also an exaggeration, front loading casts and finishing with melee will ensure you can kill several mobs before needing to drinks as you can activate your mana regen in combat.

Different strokes for different folks.
    Last edited by csguba; 2019-05-16 at 11:26 AM.

Nooooo you dont get level 120 in 20 hours ?!

That's Classic mate .. 1h per level is good just wait for them to hit the wall of level 40-60 where it take more than 1h to level up
    Its just how the game progress worked back then leveling is a journey if you are not prepared for level 18 in 18 hours then you shouldnt even consider playing

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    For a new player without any questing addons Classic will be pain!
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/29745520 is the earliest history of my first character, 2 months to get from 45 to 60 and according to that first seen date roughly 4 months from 1 to 60, was in school at that point so daily time played would of been ~3-5 hours a day max.

This seems to be a reasonable expectation for anyone new to WoW picking up classic for the first time with no knowledge of levelling routes playing ~4 hours a day.
    Last edited by Oneer; 2019-05-16 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Quests used to award next to no XP. You got most of it from killing things. Fastest way to level was probably to grind mobs.
    Had an argument in another thread about this. He was trying to legitimately tell me questing is a viable way to level. It's just not. You run out of quests in most zones rather quickly and end up spending a chunk of your time just grinding anything you can. I used to spend 38-43 or something grinding the trolls outside of Zul'Farak while I looked for a group on my warrior. I did a similar grind on my priest in Feralas, which was far easier because of renew, PW:S, and wanding the 3-4 mobs I pulled to death.

I think there is even an interview where they originally intended for you to spend large chunks of the game grinding, but people in beta complained so they added more quests to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post

The fun is in pushing the game to its limits to improve this rate.

For instance, on Feralas I noticed that fighting as cat against Yetis was not productive, as I would take a lot of damage, and would need to heal after every mob, hence my mana was draining very fast. So instead I started using bear form for those mobs, which made me notice that in this case I was on max mana a lot, so I started doing heal then bear form 2 mobs then rejuv, starfire + moonfire pull + bear form and that looked as the optimal way at the time.
    Maybe I can make it even more effective with consumables or changing my build.

Also, having to actual plan what you are doing and be careful with the execution of it IS very fun and rewarding. Heck, last time I leveled a char to max level (End of legion / pre-patch of BfA) I would regularly mindless pull 3-4 enemies, since I could just bleed one and go to the next or pull several and brutal slash them before they could hurt me.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Had an argument in another thread about this. He was trying to legitimately tell me questing is a viable way to level. It's just not. You run out of quests in most zones rather quickly and end up spending a chunk of your time just grinding anything you can. I used to spend 38-43 or something grinding the trolls outside of Zul'Farak while I looked for a group on my warrior. I did a similar grind on my priest in Feralas, which was far easier because of renew, PW:S, and wanding the 3-4 mobs I pulled to death.

I think there is even an interview where they originally intended for you to spend large chunks of the game grinding, but people in beta complained so they added more quests to help.
    Yeah, it was mostly just lore and a way to guide players to new areas.

Even then most zones had eclectic level ranges (Stranglethorn Vale was about 28-50 iirc), meaning even if you did all the quests you'd likely have to go to other similar areas and complete quests there too until you got high enough for the next part of the zone you were originally in.

I seem to remember running out of steam at around 48 or so, in Un'Goro Crater. I just couldn't find any level appropriate quests at all between that and Western Plaguelands, so I had to grab a level or two just killing dinosaurs and avoiding the devilsaurs, before I could move on to the level 50-60 stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post

I played shadow priest and respeced to holy about ~52(?), lvled up to 59,5 with quests and dungeons, grinded last half a lvl on ghouls in EPL (got a frapsed video of that, was taken on my wooden pc xd 10fps FTW!)

I did run WC,SM,ZF a couple of times, but i wouldnt call it a grind

welcome to classic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    They just stopped for that 4str, 4stam leather belt.
    AAAAAA UUUUUH!

and so it begins...

I remember Vanilla when I reached Level25 in around 24hrs, which was a record for me.

What takes them so long?
    It's very clear that you never played Vanilla WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Yeah, it was mostly just lore and a way to guide players to new areas.

Even then most zones had eclectic level ranges (Stranglethorn Vale was about 28-50 iirc), meaning even if you did all the quests you'd likely have to go to other similar areas and complete quests there too until you got high enough for the next part of the zone you were originally in.

I seem to remember running out of steam at around 48 or so, in Un'Goro Crater. I just couldn't find any level appropriate quests at all between that and Western Plaguelands, so I had to grab a level or two just killing dinosaurs and avoiding the devilsaurs, before I could move on to the level 50-60 stretch.
    Haha the devilsaurs! In Classic there was no easy soloing the elites. You had to watch out for the patrolling devilsaurs and they generally caught everyone at some time. Rez and run back. Why people want Classic back is that it was hard and slow. You earned what you got with time and careful thought about what you were going to do. CC in dungeons was essential not optional.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coughguy View Post
    Haha the devilsaurs! In Classic there was no easy soloing the elites. You had to watch out for the patrolling devilsaurs and they generally caught everyone at some time. Rez and run back. Why people want Classic back is that it was hard and slow. You earned what you got with time and careful thought about what you were going to do. CC in dungeons was essential not optional.
    You could solo the devilsaurs fairly easily, the named one not so much. This is how I made most of my early vanilla gold (devilsaur gear was good shit), it'll be even easier to solo most elites that were soloable because Classic is on 1.12.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I just saw a streamer at level 20 on a Druid, so no, you can go higher than 18.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    1.) Leveling is slow.
    2.) They don't have any high level friends to help rush them through.
    3.) They don't have gold to buy good gear off the AH (there probably isn't any on there anyway).
    4.) No potions or enchants to speed things up.
    5.) Most of them probably slept last night.